• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yan

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't like the voiceover in the first SoP. It gave the video such a boring vibe.
I hope they will switch to a person talking on screen (devs, Shawn Layden, Shu, whoever).

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
latest

latest

will either of these 2 be in the FF7 remake, or at least mentioned?

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
The last state of play was dedicated to non-VR games, not VR. 60% was non-VR, and 40% was VR. That being said, I'm perfectly fine with no VR in this one because I don't think they have much to show.
Still more VR than most people wanted/expected. The reactions were... Not good. I'm sure Sony won't repeat that any time soon.

Dragon's Game

Alt account
Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I know that the remake will be an ARPG like Kingdom Hearts 3

will the battle system will be radically different?

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
thats something i would like to confirm it says its 10, then i readed its 15, then someone said its 15 minutes on the japanese stream only.

PS Blog US / EU mentions it's 10 minutes.

PS Blog Japan mentions it's 15 minutes.

So right now our best guess is that the Japanese stream is five minutes longer for whatever reason.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe an extended P5R segment for Japan only?

Doubt it. Persona 5 Royal update is May 9 JST (and it's probably just a press release / website launch or something given its coverage in Weekly Famitsu the same day). State of Play is May 10 JST.

If it's anything, I hope it's Studio Zero with a first look at Project Re Fantasy, but 'tis but a dream.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Still more VR than most people wanted/expected. The reactions were... Not good. I'm sure Sony won't repeat that any time soon.

If they have some interesting VR stuff to show, they will and should show it.

Last SoP had lot of VR because May has some promising launches and Iron Man VR or NMS VR were great announcements for PSVR fans.

Oct 25, 2017
All this hype... for 10 minutes

I feel like with such a small amount of time so much could backfire on them. But hey, its not a press conference without people complaining they didn't get what they wanted

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
Sony really shouldn't care about reactions to be honest. Not nonsensical reactions anyway. Most of the time you see a mass gamer outburst, it's usually for no reason. They have more to gain by ignoring such groups.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
All this hype... for 10 minutes

I feel like with such a small amount of time so much could backfire on them. But hey, its not a press conference without people complaining they didn't get what they wanted

For me they could show 9 secs of FFVIIR footage and 1 sec of a still picture with The Last of Us Part II 2019 release date and the hype would be justified.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
Sony really shouldn't care about reactions to be honest. Not nonsensical reactions anyway. Most of the time you see a mass gamer outburst, it's usually for no reason. They have more to gain by ignoring such groups.
I completely disagree. VR isn't the reason why Sony were successful this generation. People have come to expect big, award-winning, genre-defining games from Sony. Rightfully so, because Sony has constantly been delivering (they've been rewarded in sales as well).

Before the first State of Play, they were dead-silent for months. Oh, and the "no E3 this year"-part... People were excited to see what Sony would do instead (yes, I know they blogged about what to expect beforehand), but the focus on VR definitely wasn't it.

The timing was ultimately shit, it backfired because of said silence and because of the E3 no-show. There is a place for VR, I absolutely believe that. But having your first appearance be about a peripheral that about 4 % of your userbase owns, simply wasn't smart. That's why this State of Play will be different. And like it or not, it's in part due to the reaction to the first one.

Oh, and gamer outburst prompted this reaction:

They partly won the the war before it even started due to reacting. So yeah, completely disagree.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
Besides this stream, ghost recon stream and the monster hunter stream, anything else set for tomorrow?