• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Thought they nailed the format and presentation if not the content; although to be fair they already had a solid template to work from. The only thing I'd change is that Elena-Fisher-but-boring voice over... Just makes the whole thing feel really generic and bland.

A cool test run even if there were only a couple of games I was interested in, one of which I already knew I was buying.

Also how cool is it that we now live in a world where any one of Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft could drop a direct and announce something major... no more waiting for June/August every year.

ManNR

Feb 13, 2019
Sony fans will now have the opportunities to deal with the two most status Nintendo fans have been dealing with for years: pre-presentation hype and post-presentation depression.
Except that, if this first State of Play is a preview of what to expect, there won't actually be any hype for the next one.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Man I suppose they were trying out that format but damn, that was not a good first impression. That was legitimately pointless.

Feb 10, 2018
I think it would be better instead of Sony spending 5, 10 or 15 million dollars on several smaller PSVR games they should get some of there more Premier devs to make 2 or 3 $25 million games.
They could strike gold with a smaller budget game but that is not guaranteed, I think some games with a higher budget and talent behind them will show VRs strengths better.

Last edited:

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What games do you think Sony is internally ready to shadow drop? Like should they just drop games before they are ready just because it's an opportunity for fans to get excited to play unfinished games? Any clues here, cause I'm scratching my head.
How exactly has Nintendo been able to do it multiple times now? Do you think the games they shadow dropped were not ready? It's possible. I guess Sony just hasn't figured that out yet though.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't like it.

I guess it was good for PS VR owners. But it brought very little new info for the known games, like Crash, Days Gone and Concrete Genie.
In this format I expected at least continuous gameplay, not some random cinematic trailers.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get it. That was a fun lil show. lol I don't even have a PSVR (yet) but I absolutely love the support they r giving it. Wish they did the same for vita honestly. But yeah this is fantastic and I hope they keep on supporting it too going forward.

Concrete Genie looks amaaaaaaaazing. Might actually be a day 1 for me depending on my schedule.

Blood and Truth looks fun

Days Gone keeps bringing the hype. To heck with naysayers the game looks dope. They really started to nail the marketing/promotion for the game in the last few months.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
It was fine. I thought the MK11 trailer was dope and I'm excited for NMS VR (I really didn't think it would be possible).

But I was really hoping the Dreams Early Access would be dropped here, guess not.

Loved the presentation, hope they continue.

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
Absolutely pathetic.

yknow what's more pathetic?

Sony shows off interesting stuff like Concrete Genie, Observation, Iron Man VR, some games not typically highlighted but are very much worth it and people like you trash it.

then we see 3 minutes of Norman Reedus walking on some landscape and the same people go bananas over it.

that's what's more pathetic.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I thought it was good. Format is solid and I liked all the PSVR announcements. Something to work with here.

Butterworth

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019
Really like the way they've put this together, it's fantastic, and I'm glad it's not live. Concrete Genie looks great, wasn't expecting a Fall wait, but it is what it is. Blood and Truth looks really good imo, I've not jumped on VR yet, was hoping to wait out until the next PSVR model. Other than that, a slow, light episode, as expected tbh.

Captain_Raoul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Waste of my time"

Says people that spend more time arguing on forums than actually playing games.

Like clockwork. Some people hype something up in their head then get pissy when that thing doesn't happen. Even though they were told it wouldn't.

Concrete Genie looked like it had a bit more meat to it than I thought originally. And that Observation looked interesting.

Those are the same people making hate threads about everything, like they have to much time. People/Gamers are really weird these days, must be a new generation thing.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why some are saying the format good when others been doing it years it not about that it was 90% VR no where close to being a E3 replacement
I mean it's largely a copy of the current Nintendo direct format that Nintendo's been using recently, but that was inherently a good format. Other people using a good format first doesn't make it not good. The issue is, as has been reiterated, the content, not how it was presented for the most part

Zelretch

Oct 25, 2017
it is actually super funny the deja vu that this thread is compared to post-"underwhelming" Directs threads. They really nailed it lmao

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
And that's that... If you have a PSVR, then it was a good show.
If not, well, at least we had a cool MK trailer.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Also why does Sony refuse to advertise dreams? The game sounds so cool and I'm looking forward to it but Sony should push it more

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, quit stanning so hard for Nintendo man. It's not like their directs are always so good. Just look at the last one, and the one before.

Last Direct had Link's Awakening, Astral Genie, Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem and Tetris 99.
The one before that had Luigi's Mansion 3, Animal Crossing, Katamari or the classic FF announcements apart from all the Smash info.

The best thing here was NMS VR and MK11. That's just sad.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So a bunch of lame VR shit. Cool cool cool.
I guess this means I can skip watching these entirely from now on.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yknow what's more pathetic?

Sony shows off interesting stuff like Concrete Genie, Observation, Iron Man VR, some games not typically highlighted but are very much worth it and people like you trash it.

then we see 3 minutes of Norman Reedus walking on some landscape and the same people go bananas over it.

that's what's more pathetic.
how do we know they're worth it?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So skip the entire presentation because there are going to be VR games? That sounds terrible. But you know what. A lot of people will probably do that next time after the way this presentation went!
They literally said this video would include VR and PS4 base games. There is no reason to split them into two videos.