• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
VR has taken over for Sony's handheld Vita/PSP line. Except its much more successful.

Good for VR owners, bad for everyone expecting big announcements outside of that.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have a PSVR that I barely used and is currently not set up, and nothing they showed here even remotely made me consider going through the effort of setting it up again

wtd2009

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
It was fine. I'm under the assumption that this was a trial run, I'm sure there will be more substantial streams in the future.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
My expectations were low and I was still disappointed. I guess it would be cool for people that own a PSVR, but there wasn't much else there. Could have just dropped some trailers and written a blog post instead of wasting time with a livestream.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
I expected nothing and was still felt disappointed. They skipped Playstation Experience then say to fan see you in new year and this is what they come up with when they break their silence, they should have just kept quiet .

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
The thing is that the format was perfectly fine. It just needed more meat to it.

If it had new trailers for TLOUII or Ghosts of Tsushima then we'd see a lot less complaints.
Well yeah, the format was a Nintendo Direct (less fun obviously).
But when you do a test for a format, you take care of the pacing and the content. You don't do... this.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I enjoyed the presentation. I wish I had a PSVR, though, but it's just not in the budget anytime soon so loads of games I won't be able to play. That's okay, though, as there's millions who own PSVR who will, so that's good.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Good to see them commited to PSVR. Show was pretty much what I expected, outside of not being too long, which is a nice surprise.

edo_kid

Oct 27, 2017
Good format, more similar to Nintendo Direct. Much prefer something more in this line than a conference.

Oct 25, 2017
Solid showing. Mostly sticking to titles releasing soon and showing some smaller games, so that's good.

Reaction here is expected due to folks hating VR and all.

Heckler456

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Jesus some of you guys are hella harsh. It was a decent little show.
Like 60% of people here are just absolutely miserable, I gotta say. It's like for some people, their day's enjoyment is derived from either of two things: A State of Play thing being hype, or a State of Play thing not being hype so that they can make a big 'ol mountain out of that molehill.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
I mean they announced stuff so it wasn't really a waste of time but they should have waited until they had more.

Honestly this felt like a test run to see the reaction to the format. I know they have nothing planned for E3 but theres nothing stopping them from rolling one of these every few months, and they explicitly didn't show anything from their big titles (except for the one coming out soon)

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
i mean, that was a test play of sorts... the format was ok but that came off more like a sizzle reel. i dont get the story at all about how this is different from direct by being live though.

i cant help but feel if nintendo or MS did that they would get more hate, but eh...

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
"Too much VR"

Yeah there isnt enough flat content out right now, it's so horrible that Sony is throwing support behind a peripheral! FOH

Tratorn

Oct 25, 2017
Nice first showing, some cool stuff especially for PSVR owners. :)

This format obviously can't replace a real conference, but if it's additional every few months (3-4 times per year?) for stuff that releases in the next 3-6 months, it will help to get some more exposure for certain games than a blog post.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
  • Sid Shuman reveals himself
  • Days Gone story trailer
  • MLB The Show trailer
  • Dreams Early Access trailer with a more solid date (early May 2019)
  • New Concrete Genie trailer with launch date or window (Q2 2019)
  • Blood & Truth trailer with launch date or window (Q3 2019)
  • No Man's Sky VR
  • New PS4 third-party game
  • Couple of new third-party PSVR games
Except Sid Shuman (Which I'm glad never happened) I wasn't too far off I guess.

Also managed to be spot on with No Man's Sky VR. ;)

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus christ I swear people here would've only been happy if they announced a last of us release date, 2 new ips from their world wide studios and mgsvi.

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
I definitely think the presentation of the show is good. Just getting straight to games, but if they do it on E3 I definitely feel like it could benefit from a presenter at the start/finish similar to what Nintendo does with their directs.

Good first start though even if not too much of the software appealed to me it was nice getting new software announcements mixed with updates on software coming out soon/ones in development.

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed that. Format and pacing were great and I've been wanting to see more VR stuff. Best look at Concrete Genie so far too!