• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

adobot

Mar 19, 2019
Lets forget that conference

It was so bad that Sony decided to never do a conference again.

I think it was a good idea on paper, but I'm surprised they didn't do a dry run and see that having people stand by on the stream for 10 minutes between stage changes was going to be awkward.

FSavage

Oct 30, 2017
As a big PlayStation fan, this fan base can be so damn annoying sometimes... you guys are ridiculous. How about just sitting back and wait to see what they have to tell us.. then you can start your doom and gloom. This preemptive 'disappointment' without even knowing what's really in store is annoying af.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
My prediction:

In an unprecedented partnership with Nintendo, LABO will be coming to PlayStation favorites like God of War so kids can play too. All the gore and blood will be replaced with paper particulates, a'la Tearaway. Also, you can dress for the occasion with the Kratos / Cartos set, which allows you to insert motion controllers into a cardboard Leviathan axe and lets little kids have a majestic beard:

lIPG2j0.jpg

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Predictions:
  • TLOU2 Shadow Drop.
  • Death Stranding Prologue Shadow Drop
  • P.T. coming to PS+ in April
  • That 90's game series you like? New game in that.
  • Portable PS4, available this Christmas.
  • Acquisitions of Take 2, Warner Brothers, and Nintendo.
  • Donald Trump is going to jail, effectively immediately.
  • Knack 3

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'd like Blood & Truth and Everybody's Golf VR announcements. I'd be really happy with those two, and I think they're realistic for this stream.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Show me a new limited edition Pro Console. I keep missing out on the good ones.

LE Pro consoles are usually attached to games and nothing with a date right now is going to get one. As far as LE's go, Part II and maybe Death Stranding are probably the last ones that'll get one.

Serious question:

Does anyone think that PlayStation Experience will happen this year and could they be announcing it today?

I think it'll happen this year if they're ready to tease a PS5 announcement. That'd be the perfect place to date the next PS Meeting. But I wouldn't expect them to announce that today.

Ozorov

Oct 26, 2017
Predictions:
  • TLOU2 Shadow Drop.
  • Death Stranding Prologue Shadow Drop
  • P.T. coming to PS+ in April
  • That 90's game series you like? New game in that.
  • Portable PS4, available this Christmas.
  • Acquisitions of Take 2, Warner Brothers, and Nintendo.
  • Donald Trump is going to jail, effectively immediately.
  • Knack 3
No PS5 shadow drop? Hype deflated

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Concrete Genie - Date
MediEvil - Date
Blood & Truth - Date
New PSVR announcement and I'll be happy

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Trying to keep expectations pretty low, but I'd love to see some more TLOU2

PersianPrince

Feb 12, 2019
I'm not expecting much from this event. But I would love more info regarding Medievil, especially the release date. My guess is that it's going to be released right before Halloween.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Seriously just do prerecorded videos and presentations.

Like please...

Stop putting us consumers and devs through awkwardness

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
I mean, I cant say I care all too much if this disappoints because we are finally a month from Days Gone. I care more about playing games and games approaching rather than knowing something is coming at the end of the year. If there wasn't a big first party game from Sony releasing soon then I'd be way more anxious to see what's next in this SoP, but I'm good right now!

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Seriously just do prerecorded videos and presentations.

Like please...

Stop putting us consumers and devs through awkwardness

When was the last time a PlayStation conference was awkward?

Compared to Microsoft and Nintendo, Sony has been creatively mixing up their conferences this generation. From orchestras, to only-games-first segments, different locations, to developer sit downs and always just doing something to alter the conference experience.

PlayStation conferences have been the best ones to watch this generation.

Sarobi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's going to be 20 minutes of nothing, and y'all will be posting about how you sold your PS4's because of it. Can't wait.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017

Compared to Microsoft and Nintendo, Sony has been creatively mixing up their conferences this generation. From orchestras, to only-games-first segments, different locations, to developer sit downs and always just doing something to alter the conference experience.

yeah Sony's last E3 where it took five years for them to move between rooms mid-conference for no reason was definitely not awkward at all

BuddyC

Oct 27, 2017
I too would like a date for Trover Saves the Universe! Feeling pretty good about it...

N.Domixis

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People need to lower their expectations. This is their first one of these and will probably not have any major announcements. All you are doing is purposely over hyping yourselves to the point that you think the events are lame and not worth your time.

Anyways Im hype for this event and hoping/expecting atleast one megaton.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Golem (PSVR) will show up, it's apparently coming to PAX, so I guess a little spotlight would be nice.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Did you watch last years E3? Endless waiting between venue change to venue change, awkward laughing and jokes about the next part of the presentation coming "any minute now"

It was a disaster.

WillySJ3

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Damn, PlayStation fans are not allowed to have fun. All this bs "don't get hype" only happens here. If this was another fanbase this thread would be 150 pages.

RumHam

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 12, 2019
People need to lower their expectations. This is their first one of these and will probably not have any major announcements. All you are doing is purposely over hyping yourselves to the point that you think the events are lame and not worth your time.

Anyways Im hype for this event and hoping/expecting atleast one megaton.

Huh.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018

About 9 months ago.

BGA

Oct 26, 2017
I really do hope EA access is annouce. Hopefully with a free one month trial.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I'm down for some more info on Dreams for sure. Not expecting too much tbh.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
yeah Sony's last E3 where it took five years for them to move between rooms mid-conference for no reason was definitely not awkward at all

It wasn't awkward in the slightest.

It was a flaw to have different locations to unveil games and show them, yes. but not awkward or even Konami-levels of awkward. God knows on what psychological state ya'll were, if ya'll watched the EA, Ubisoft E3 conferences last year.

Now, that shit was awkward.