• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I am really wondering if I should stay up for that direct tonight. Not really sure because the hype levels are just moderate.

LJKO

Nov 16, 2017
They're skipping E3 this year, right? I'd say it's safe to expect one hefty third party announcement per one of these guys, then.
Im actually hoping even thou they said many times they're skipping e3, that if this goes well then my hope they do state of play at e3 even not showing up is fine.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
While I personally didn't need any updates or communication it's clear this was a good idea by Sony just for how it's turned the conversation back to them in a positive way for once.

In the other hand, if it sucks too much the doom and gloom narrative will just increase... so I hope it is at least decent

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
Give us updates on MediEvil, Concrete Genie, Blood & Truth and Dreams. Combine it with some new indie and VR games. That's a good first show.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
While I personally didn't need any updates or communication it's clear this was a good idea by Sony just for how it's turned the conversation back to them in a positive way for once.

Lol, there is going to be a trainwreck response after this show, presumably because they aren't showing anything of significance.

Which is why they should shut-up until the have something good to say.

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
It is absolutely inevitable that after the show there will be a huge backlash of massive disappointment.

Even if Sony announced the PS5, 10 new AAA games, shadow drops Horizon 2 and makes PS Plus free from now on (with full refunds). Some people will be angry no matter what they do.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Very interested in how big this ends up being. Hopefully they start doing these semi-regularly.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
The one thing you all should've learned from the last 4 years is to take whatever level of excitment you have for any stream annoucing stuff and LOWER IT.

If it's great, it will be better. If it's not, you don't get burnt on it.

It's win win.

CTFD

Calm The Fuck Down

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, there is going to be a trainwreck response after this show, presumably because they aren't showing anything of significance.

I'm sure the ones who have no interest in the PS4 will scream the loudest. So people should ignore them.

Sony will show some new indie and VR games. So there will be something of significance.

OléGunner

Oct 25, 2017
Airborne Aquarium
Glad to see so many Blood & Truth stans in here.

It is absolutely inevitable that after the show there will be a huge backlash of massive disappointment.

Even if Sony announced the PS5, 10 new AAA games, shadow drops Horizon 2 and makes PS Plus free from now on (with full refunds). Some people will be angry no matter what they do.

Ehh it's just white noise tbh.
Unless the show is a complete disaster, with like Sid on a couch by himself for 30 mins lol.

i-hate-u

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure the ones who have no interest in the PS4 will scream the loudest. So people should ignore them.

Sony will show some new indie and VR games. So there will be something of significance.

I garuntee there will be people on both sides screaming. Sony has been silent for too long, and if they break it with a whimper of a show, people are gonna think they are sleep at the wheel.

Planet

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh it's just white noise tbh.
Unless the show is a complete disaster, with like Sid on a couch by himself for 30 mins lol.
Yup. Will still happen, because white noise is all that some of these brains are able to produce.

I'm pretty sure it will be a solid show, most of the probable candidates have been covered already by others. And I'm looking forward to hearing more about them, plus a few minor surprises.

John Bender

Oct 27, 2017
I garuntee there will be people on both sides screaming. Sony has been silent for too long, and if they break it with a whimper of a show, people are gonna think they are sleep at the wheel.
People know the PS5 is around the corner and that TLOU2, GoT, Death Stranding, Days Gone and MLB The Show are coming. Most of the screaming is concern trolling.
Today's State of Play is a small showcase. So you can expect small things.

Butterworth

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2019

Well........ I wouldn't be angry at that

Lunatious

Dec 18, 2018
I'm expecting:

- Days Gone
- Concrete Genie
- Dreams
- MediEvil
- PSVR segment
- A couple of indies
- One or two third party appearances
- Japan Studios game (Toriyama's new horror game?)

While I don't expect any megaton announcements, I do think Sony will show some good stuff to build up faith in the new format.

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Imagine if Sony announced they will include 4K PS2 emulation in their next firmware.

j5dARTQ.gif

I want it

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
i will be honest.
it kind of sucks to be told multiple times "dont expect anything"
i appreciate the warning, but at the same time, it pretty much kills any interest in this. i will still check this out, but i am coming with practically expecting nothing at this point other than sid talking and couches...
It's not "don't expect anything", but more like temper your expectations to non-megaton-type announcements.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Not expecting a lot of new stuff, but expecting solid new trailers and at least a surprise release date or two.

Imagine if Sony announced they will include 4K PS2 emulation in their next firmware.

I would flip my shit if this happens.

Add just native 720p PS3 emulation too and I'll be a really happy camper.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In the other hand, if it sucks too much the doom and gloom narrative will just increase... so I hope it is at least decent

Yeah, but at least people can't complain about communication, and they get to enjoy the hype leading up to the show.

Well i'm sure they'd prefer to shut up but the noise from social media and online would've probably become insufferable long before they were ready to show their hand.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
It's not "don't expect anything", but more like temper your expectations to non-megaton-type announcements.
the thing is,
does that mean i shouldnt expect any of the big 3 showing up at all?
does it mean that all this show will be indies?
doe is mean it will all be just VR?
or is this just about megaton announcements?

Ps4 mini announcement, calling it now
i can definitely see a ps4 super slim announcement today actually.

Estarossa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i will be honest.
i appreciate the warning, but at the same time, it pretty much kills any interest in this. i will still check this out, but i am coming with practically expecting nothing at this point other than sid talking and couches...

Basically. Expectations are currently in HELL.

DigSCCP

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
My expectations :
- Days Gone Final Trailer
- Dreams EA Release Date
- Medievil Release Date
- Concrete Genie Release Date
- Blood and Truth Release Date
- Update on Ni Oh 2
- PS + April
- EA Access
- 3P and Indies

I know its not supposed to be a big show but I would love to see them also showing : update with a release window on one of the 'Big 3, - Manchester Studio debut Game announced and one of the rumored unnanounced PS4 exclusives.
They could save these for a post E3 State of Play if they want to regain some mindshare after being absent of E3 and I would be ok with that, but if they dont give us updates and dates on the other smaller titles that I listed above I would be pretty disapointed.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Sony needs this to be good.

If they want to make this type of format their main way of delivering news from here on out it needs to start off with a big opening. It needs to make news. I hope they are smart enough to know this.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Do we know what type of show this will be? Pre-recorded like a direct or more of a sit down Inside Xbox type thing?

Ichi

Banned
Sep 10, 2018
i will be honest.

well, maybe because you have too high of an expectation to begin with.

Just look at Nintendo. They don't announce big titles every single Direct and people are, for the most part, okay with it and even get hyped for the titles that get announced no matter how obscure or unpopular they are.

Seems like with Sony, you can't have mid- or smaller-sized games announced at all.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Hopes:
- Some form of true BC announcement
- Final date on when we can change our PSN Names
- Something cool for PS+ to make up for the lack of PS3/Vita games

Expectations:
- Days Gone
- Dreams
- New MediEvil trailer but no release date
- VR Stuff that I will get around to playing eventually
- EA Access
- 2 or 3 smaller new announcements, no big announcements
- Appearances from 3rd parties but not indies
- A format that tries to be different to a Nintendo Direct but ends up being worse in every way

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
well, maybe because you have too high of an expectation to begin with.

Just look at Nintendo. They don't announce big titles every single Direct and people are, for the most part, okay with it and even get hyped for the titles that get announced no matter how obscure or unpopular they are.

Seems like with Sony, you can't have mid- or smaller-sized games announced at all.
but nintendo does either announces big games in every direct, or gives you an extensive look into one of the big games (or its a nindies show), going by the teaes we are not getting any of the big games at all.