• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DGS

Nov 2, 2017
Tyrol
I not a fan of the visuals and the arenas are looking too small and empty. Imo, Sony should have funded a Twisted Metal Reboot, or even better, an arcade racing game like Driveclub or Ridge Racer. But I'll try it, at least it's free.

John Frost

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Of course...when I get a PS5. After all I played Bleeding Edge (for about 30 minutes and never again) so why would I not play something potentially free?

It could be fun. I love the Twisted Metal games but I really don't like the aesthetic of this.

I'll give Bleeding Edge a try on my SX, but I don't have high hopes.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Definitely not something I would've paid $70 for, but I'll totally try it out via PS+.

Oct 25, 2017
They tried to bring back Twisted Metal and it failed.

TM's aesthetic belongs in the late 90's/early 2000's.

I dig how varied some of these character designs in All Stars looks.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I feel like the mechanic where the on-foot character can hop dodge an incoming car, magnetize to it, and do a button mash to destroy it or steal it looks way way too easy to do on the on-foot player's side. I getting bad vibes from that, it looks like it will be super frustrating on the driver's end.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I'll try it since it's free, looks like something that will get boring quick though to me.

kalgore

Oct 29, 2017
I really like the art style. With HDR enabled on my monitor the colours really popped. On a nice TV I think this could look amazing. I am looking forward to giving it a shot.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
"This actually looks good?"

tenor.gif

Lol, I kid I kid. Glad so many like what they see! Hopefully everyone enjoys playing it even more <3

Lol!

Vehicular combat games aren't really my cup of tea, but this does look really fun, and it being on PS+ guarantees I'm going to download it and give it a try! I'm really liking what I'm seeing of the on foot gameplay, and it not solely being a vehicles only game ups my interest significantly!

Congrats on reaching the finish line and launch for the game! I know how that is (and the simultaneous anxiety and anticipation when your baby is finally in the hands of gamers). Good luck to the team! Sending lots of well wishes and positive vibes to you guys and gals!

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the base mode is essentially just an 8-way deathmatch, where the highest score wins?

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
They tried to bring back Twisted Metal and it failed.

TM's aesthetic belongs in the late 90's/early 2000's.

I dig how varied some of these character designs in All Stars looks.

I still think there's room for Twisted Metal. That said, after watching this SoP, I don't think this game is anything like it or is trying to be like it, Allstars just looks like big, dumb fun. And there's nothing wrong with that.

Nov 21, 2019
Looks like a super fluid drop in and drop out experience. I'm just excited for the first true PS5 multiplayer game I can play with some friends who already have a PS5.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Looks great, I'm actually willing to buy it if I enjoy it on plus. When does it actually physically release?

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty alright. Going PS+ really was the only move here.

Bennibop

Oct 30, 2017
This looks like great fun, hopefully the developer supports the game with plenty of content and events.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Great to finally get some more info on this. Thought it looked like a blast from the first time I saw it, and this has only cemented that opinion.

Can't wait.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It looks unfocused to me - like the goal was to combine Rocket League with Fortnite (visuals, Characters) and putting the gameplay loop second.
It still looks fun, but when both Rocket League and Fortnite have main modes that you can describe with a few short words each, here it feels a lot more like high concept multiplayer. Still fun to control and play but much harder to grasp what your goal is.

the lizard

Nov 1, 2017
Not a huge fan of the exaggerated cartoonish animation. A little too on-the-nose in the inspiration it seems to have taken from Fortnite. The other thing that's odd to me is that they present hero abilities as if they're different in vehicle and on foot. For some heroes they might be, but then why did they showcase two heroes who have the exact same ability in both modes? Are they ever different?

Could be a lot of fun, though, which will make it easy to look past these nitpicks. /shrug - I won't know for awhile since it's PS5 exclusive.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Y'all were wack for hating on this when the first video came out. Game looks fun as hell.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Interesting for sure. Still not sold, but it seems fairly solid. I guess getting run over while on foot is damaging but not deadly?

Feb 8, 2018
Overall Visuals and damage/effects is what stood out imo. I'm not surprised by the handling given the nature of the game, the issue is rather the on foot superpower stuff.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the mechanic where the on-foot character can hop dodge an incoming car, magnetize to it, and do a button mash to destroy it or steal it looks way way too easy to do on the on-foot player's side. I getting bad vibes from that, it looks like it will be super frustrating on the driver's end.

They're saying the cars are mostly disposable, so yeah. There will likely be a counter to it, but seems like the idea is to get you out of your car fairly often.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Looks great. The talk around this game is reminding me of before splatoon 1 released.

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
I don't think these games translate well to trailer gameplay. When I first saw Rocket League I thought it looked dull yet I had a blast playing it. Saying that I do think it looked really boring and feel like it would get stale quickly, but I think it being free with PS+ is a really smart decision. This would have bombed so hard otherwise at the full RRP price tag.

Afrikan

Oct 28, 2017
It's PS5 exclusive. It won't be. Really disappointed since it looks really fun.

Maybe it eventually comes to PC. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I remember Jim talking about how they might want to release some of their future multiplayer games on PC.

Edit- can't find the story online, so maybe it wasn't Jim and was someone else at Sony.

Edit#2- it was Shawn Layden 😬 and that was back in 2019. Soooo we'll see.

Last edited:

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
Looks way better than i thought it would, will definitely give it a try. Im kinda worried about that takeover/wreckover mechanic though, looked very easy to do.

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
They're saying the cars are mostly disposable, so yeah. There will likely be a counter to it, but seems like the idea is to get you out of your car fairly often.
The guy in the video during that part says "react faster than the driver and you can take over or destroy the other car" and then theres 2 different colored bars that fill up so it seems to be a mashing contest between the driver and the person who mounts. And when one person fills up the bar it resets and switches the face button you have to mash and it looks like it's best 2 out of 3 for the contest

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Looks...pretty basic? I was expecting the on foot stuff to be more complex but it doesn't look like there's a ton to everything if the characters all move the same.

Still got no clue how the hell this was $70, but I'll try it on PS+.