• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
What happened with Bleeding Edge anyway? DOA?
I played it for a bit along with Crucible. Both seemed like completely forgettable games.

I do worry that this game will have a similar fate to those, but the vehicle combat thing might make the difference. I get a bit of a Rocket League vibe from it. I'm glad it's going to be "free".

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
This looks legitimately fun. Being on PS+ means this has a good shot at being Sony's first multiplayer success in years.

If this is even mildly successful, I hope Sony hands Twisted Metal over to Lucid and Wushu

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
I'm really sold on this game now. The gameplay looks really fun and I can genuinely see myself getting invested.

Did I hear them right that a certain mode was going to be locked behind premium currency? Shortly after the 6 minute mark he says that "Each series can be redeemed with Destruction points".

Yeah, it's basically a story mode for a character. It doesn't sound like it's going to be anything substantial, the director wasn't really trying to hype it up much. I think the closest comparison would be Arcade mode in Street Fighter, or the Story Mode of the original Titanfall, which were just glorified multiplayer matches.

I think it's a good monetisation model, giving another revenue stream for players that don't care to spend money on cosmetics.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
"This actually looks good?"

tenor.gif

Lol, I kid I kid. Glad so many like what they see! Hopefully everyone enjoys playing it even more <3

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I played it for a bit along with Crucible. Both seemed like completely forgettable games.

I do worry that this game will have a similar fate to those, but the vehicle combat thing might make the difference. I'm glad it's going to be "free".

This on the surface seems like it should attract more people. And yeah it's free.

It won't be a Rocket League megahit but I think it may retain an audience of decent size. Looks legit fun. Unlike those 2 which had me skeptical from the get go.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Always looked fun. But this has me hyped. This is the kind of game I need right now. Something I can dip into for a quick game.

cheesekao

Dec 1, 2017
Still can't find any PS5's in stock anywhere. Feels bad man. Would've liked to play this game when the playerbase is at its peak.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Getting wipEout and 90s in-your-face vibes from the presentation. I actually kind of love it. I'll definitely look into this when I get a PS5 later this year.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
looks great and there seems to be, at least a little bit, of single player content.

Belvedere

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched the deep dive yet but I just realized it reminds me a bit of the stunt levels on San Francisco Rush 2049 (and of course Destruction Derby). This could be really, really fun.

Deleted member 57361

User requested account closure
Banned
Jun 2, 2019
The artstyle and presentation are so bad in this, it makes the whole game uninteresting for me. This should have been a new Twisted Metal game, but they decided to go with something " new and cool" I guess. Maybe to broaden the audience, because TM is 18+
This is Twisted Metal Fortnite Edition without a doubt. Looks decent tbf, but I don't expect big legs.

Xevross

Oct 28, 2017
This looks great, seems like the perfect title for PS+. Can't wait to dive in next week.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
I watched all the vids up to this point and was not sold in the least. This video however has me a lot more encouraged that the game could be really fun... I'm going to try the team capture-the-flag (banking gears) mode first.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Other than the character designs, which I'm still not a fan of, I think it looks pretty good now they have shown more of it.

I really like the character animations, they look really good and it looks like they control well, with fluid and smooth movement.

The car destruction looks great too. The impacts have a feeling of weight to them, which should be really satisfying when smashing into cars at high speeds. This could be a lot of fun.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I am really digging the presentation. Is there a list of all characters yet?

It's free for plus so definitely worth a shot.

Jun 13, 2020
It looks good, but it doesn't in any way look like 80€ is an appropriate price. If they didn't offer it with Plus it would be dead on arrival.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
That was better than I expected. I wouldn't have bought it for full price by any means but it looks genuinely enjoyable.

My fear with this was that it would be Bleeding Edge #2, but I don't think so anymore.
Looks janky like Crackdown 3. This was the best decision to include it with PSN Plus, if it was full price the player count would likely be minimal.

KalBalboa

Oct 30, 2017
Massachusetts
I'm really liking what I see. There's a nifty balance between detail & style, almost like cell-shading? But the lighting effects have a real WOW factor, still.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Being free with PS+ means I'll give it a shot. Otherwise I'd never drop money on it based off what I've seen so far.

Neen

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
This looks incredibly fun. I like the variety in the game modes. Everything looks super crisp and clean. The characters seem fun. It will be interesting to see if they continue to develop them. Maybe introduce more characters in the future and expand on their backstories.

Really looking forward to trying this.

Desfrog

Oct 29, 2017
The on foot gameplay was my main concern but it looks like a dream to control. Can't wait!

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I´m getting Burnout-, Titanfall- and Drawn to Death vibes from this at the same time.