• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What a bizarre way to show ffviir
If it is ffviir

Not really it makes perfect sense.

This is way of giving Sony something (as they obviously have some kind of deal with this game) whilst hyping up their own E3 show.

It will likely be a minute CGI trailer saying come join us at E3 for more info

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I'm guessing the new title is from Geurilla Games and that the re-reveal of the third party title is FF7R.

_Rob_

Oct 26, 2017
Starved for MediEvil news for so long! Still holding out hope for Medi 2 as a sneaky inclusion or expandalone DLC down the line too. Either way though, seems so surreal that it's happening still, and that they're undoing the questionable direction Resurrection tried taking the series.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
What a bizarre way to show ffviir
If it is ffviir

Think of it like this. Square is doing a FFVIIR blowout at E3, but Sony won't be at E3. Sony still want to be part of the FFVIIR conversation though, so they include a short video with the first confirmation of the E3 blowout in State of Play. It's a little funny, but it does make sense.

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
i think it'll be

4 mins MediEvil
2 mins New Title (Ratchet)
2 mins Avengers (more at e3)
2 mins TLOU2 release date

at least, that's hopeful

Gerwant

Oct 27, 2017
Laura Bailey and Troy Baker wearing TLoU PII shirts in their latest streams couldn't be a coincidence. Give me at least a release window, like Fall 2019.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Think of it like this. Square is doing a FFVIIR blowout at E3, but Sony won't be at E3. Sony still want to be part of the FFVIIR conversation though, so they include a short video with the first confirmation of the E3 blowout in State of Play. It's a little funny, but it does make sense.

VII is also a very high profile game. It will get a lot of views both when it's live and after when it's uploaded. The people that was there for VII will most likely be exposed to the other Playstation titles.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If there is really a blowout of FF VII Remake info at E3 then it means that the game will probably release before 2020 E3. Really hope this is the case

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
If there is really a blowout of FF VII Remake info at E3 then it means that the game will probably release before 2020 E3. Really hope this is the case

We already know that Square is predicting a massive amount of revenue in Q4 2019, more than any other Q4 in many years, maybe ever. Currently nothing big is known to be coming out then, and Square doesn't announce games that huge so late, so it must be something we already know about. FFVIIR Part 1 would fit.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
Yep. I know it's really hard not to scoff at this considering their shitshow management with regards to certain big Japanese titles and the fact that we've been in the shadows for over 3 damn years.

But I'd be surprised if the/one of the cause for that spike isn't Part 1. That and/or The Avengers.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Yep. I know it's really hard not to scoff at this considering their shitshow management with regards to certain big Japanese titles and the fact that we've been in the shadows for over 3 damn years.

But I'd be surprised if the/one of the cause for that spike isn't Part 1. That and/or The Avengers.

I can't see it being Avengers - the word from the devs regarding when we'll see new info hasn't been nearly as active and positive as FFVIIR, not to mention the fact that Avengers has had much less development time. You never know for sure though. And even the financial projections don't take potential delays into account. But overall I'm pretty sure Part 1 will be in our grubby little hands by March at the latest.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We already know that Square is predicting a massive amount of revenue in Q4 2019, more than any other Q4 in many years, maybe ever. Currently nothing big is known to be coming out then, and Square doesn't announce games that huge so late, so it must be something we already know about. FFVIIR Part 1 would fit.

The stars are aligning for the Reunion to happen really soon.

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
Nomura did tease there would be various announcements related to FF7 this year, not just one.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
I can't see it being Avengers - the word from the devs regarding when we'll see new info hasn't been nearly as active and positive as FFVIIR, not to mention the fact that Avengers has had much less development time. You never know for sure though. And even the financial projections don't take potential delays into account. But overall I'm pretty sure Part 1 will be in our grubby little hands by March at the latest.
Yeah, the "we'll talk about this in 2018" thing was weird. As in, that doesn't imply problems per se, but we're almost halfway through this year and we've gotten nothing yet :/ It definitely seems like an ambitious endeavour, but yeah.
Nomura did tease there would be various announcements related to FF7 this year, not just one.
I really want to learn their release plan and how they're presenting it: how many Episodes we're gonna have and whether they give a rough schedule for their release. The most common bet is three parts. Wonder how much of a gap we're going to have between them.

Considering how little we know of this game and how different it's going to be compared to the original, they could have a shitton of videos to share regarding the combat system (I'm very curious to see what they're doing with the Materia system), the overworld, changes in the story... So, that's exciting.
The best thing about potentially getting a release date is for those 'funny' posts to stop.
It already happened with XV (although the conversation turned an uglier turn tbh) and KHIII, so I can't wait for it be over for VII-R. At least for Part 1 lol.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Are we sure it's still parts? It was described as a re reveal so it could be a different product then was originally shown.

Femto0

Banned
Apr 28, 2018
After all these hints i expect a teaser for avengers or ff7 with a full gameplay trailer at their e3 conference

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
The stars are aligning for the Reunion to happen really soon.

Bet you're dying to watch.

Yeah, the "we'll talk about this in 2018" thing was weird. As in, that doesn't imply problems per se, but we're almost halfway through this year and we've gotten nothing yet :/ It definitely seems like an ambitious endeavour, but yeah.

I really want to learn their release plan and how they're presenting it: how many Episodes we're gonna have and whether they give a rough schedule for their release. The most common bet is three parts. Wonder how much of a gap we're going to have between them.

Considering how little we know of this game and how different it's going to be compared to the original, they could have a shitton of videos to share regarding the combat system (I'm very curious to see what they're doing with the Materia system), the overworld, changes in the story... So, that's exciting.

Yeah, I mean they've got 3.5 years worth of stuff to show us. Rubberband effect. 😀

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
Are we sure it's still parts? It was described as a re reveal so it could be a different product then was originally shown.

It was confirmed to still be in parts last year, I think, and the very logical reasons for why it's being done in parts haven't gone away. The game is massive and has you travelling all over the planet. It was designed for an era where you could cut corners to a certain extent, and now they want to remake it in an even more expanded form where everything is expected to be real-time and 1:1. Multiple parts - probably a trilogy - is the only really way to go about it. We might get a combined version for PS5 though.

Nov 23, 2017
I went to bed last night, woke up, and then saw that Shinji Hashimoto re-tweeted State of Play? Y'all, I triedddd to calm the hype. How am I supposed to do that now????

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Expect announcements/trailers/reveals every week up to E3 now.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.