• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is basically what Sony has to show before they go quiet during E3. Hopefully an otherwise E3 level announcement is made.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is basically what Sony has to show before they go quiet during E3. Hopefully an otherwise E3 level announcement is made.
This has nothing to do with E3 or "the time around E3" etc. So no, do not expect big new announcements. There is a reason this SoP is only 10 minutes.

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
It honestly make lots of sense, seeing as it's a console exclusive (timed or not) and Sony would like some of that marketing pie.

It also would serve as a nice teaser for S-E's own conference that I'm sure many are going to actually be tuning in for if things like this are teased.

Hopefully!

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
i think people over estimate the amount of time medievil will get, the 2 biggest trailers of the previous state of play were the days gone and MK11 trailers and both of them were only a bit more than 2 minutes. i dont expect the medievil segment to be any longer than 4 minutes.
Sony specifically called out MediEvil, so I'm expecting a hefty chunk of time spent on it. Probably 4 minutes, yeah.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This has nothing to do with E3 or "the time around E3" etc. So no, do not expect big new announcements. There is a reason this SoP is only 10 minutes.

All the big E3 games are starting to get announced this week, beginning with Wildlands 2. Sony are getting out ahead of this before the coverage is heavy on multiple games.

Given that Sony won't be attending E3 and likely would have had a major announcement ready if they were, it's entirely possible this game could be on the level of Final Fantasy VII Remake, Agent, Deep Down, Wild, etc. Any of these would be worthy of an E3 stage if they're releasing this Christmas.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, soo naive... youre better off if the game releases this year then. You'll have more time to game when the baby is a newborn than the years that follow. Anyways, congrats!
Thanks! True ha ha. FF7 R has been my most game release since it was announced. I don't think it will hold a candle to my first being born and I'll be happy to play it whenever I get to it.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All the big E3 games are starting to get announced this week, beginning with Wildlands 2. Sony are getting out ahead of this before the coverage is heavy on multiple games.

Given that Sony won't be attending E3 and likely would have had a major announcement ready if they were, it's entirely possible this game could be on the level of Final Fantasy VII Remake, Agent, Deep Down, Wild, etc. Any of these would be worthy of an E3 stage if they're releasing this Christmas.
Sony could still have a State of Play during E3 week.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sony could still have a State of Play during E3 week.

In 2018 when they announced they would not be at E3 2019, they said "we will not activate during E3", that's PR speak for they will not have any type of marketing push during E3. The next State of Play isn't until later in the year, what they're showing at this one is all we're getting until after E3.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In 2018 when they announced they would not be at E3 2019, they said "we will not activate during E3", that's PR speak for they will not have any type of marketing push during E3. The next State of Play isn't until later in the year, what they're showing at this one is all we're getting until after E3.
Plans may have changed since November. Also, I don't see any evidence to support the fact that we aren't getting another State of Play until after E3? "Later in the year" could mean a month or more...

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks! True ha ha. FF7 R has been my most game release since it was announced. I don't think it will hold a candle to my first being born and I'll be happy to play it whenever I get to it.

Would be an awesome combo. Having the memory of playing FINAL FANTASY VII Remake alongside your sleeping newborn giving them the cuddles. Nostalgia levels will be way to high lol. I mean, that's if your like everyone else who's been waiting for the games since the 90's.

Would be awesome if it releases this year.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

"Agent, Deep Down" .... lol. Both IPs are dead.
Like I said, expect a nice short State of Play. And don't expect megatons, just so you can later post how disappointed you are.

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Plans may have changed since November. Also, I don't see any evidence to support the fact that we aren't getting another State of Play until after E3? "Later in the year" could mean a month or more...
As the poster above you said, they explicitly stated there wouldn't be a show on or around E3. It's not impossible that plans may have changed, but you probably shouldn't assume they have or hope for too much.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Corporations don't just change their plans like that. Do you think they would have just announced the PS5 via a Wired interview if they were having any type of presence at E3? It's around a month from now anyway, and the month leading up to E3 is media madness. Later in the year means later in the year. Soon means soon.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why would Square not show FF7R at E3?

I guess maybe a teaser here and then a deep dive?

Same reason it was announced at Sony's E3 conference and not Square-Enix conference literally the next day, exposure. More people watch PlayStation livestreams than Square-Enix, so you put the good shit on there.

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
Would be an awesome combo. Having the memory of playing FINAL FANTASY VII Remake alongside your sleeping newborn giving them the cuddles. Nostalgia levels will be way to high lol. I mean, that's if your like everyone else who's been waiting for the games since the 90's.

Would be awesome if it releases this year.
You're 100% right. I think it would be awesome now that you mention it. Damnit Square! Release the game this year!

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Same reason it was announced at Sony's E3 conference and not Square-Enix conference literally the next day, exposure. More people watch PlayStation livestreams than Square-Enix, so you put the good shit on there.
This may be true for E3 PS conferences, but State of Play?

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This may be true for E3 PS conferences, but State of Play?

I think you're correct that a teaser during State of Play followed by gameplay at Square-Enix E3 is a logical rollout. Would probably say as much at the end of the trailer just like the original ended with "gameplay at PSX".

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

SpectacularGlamorousGrison-size_restricted.gif

Maneil99

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So are we getting two or 3 games?
Medieval
3rd party game coming back from announcement
Xxxx?

If 3. Modern Warfare 4 is a lock no?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
What if its a short trailer tor DS and then watch the rest online?
His tweets indicates the trailer is still in editing.
I am afraid that it will be only VR VR then Medievil , i am happy about Medievil and hyped for it but i want more than that
They didnt mention VR at all in their blog post (probably due to reactions to the first episode), and seems like zhuge is teasing this will be good show, i think the number of games will be low, but of higher scale/public interest than the previous one.

Koozek

Oct 25, 2017
He's the CEO of Square Enix, right? If so, that doesn't rule out Avengers. We have the tweet of Bill Roseman of Marvel Games visiting SIE HQ today. Square Enix is publishing the Avengers game with Crystal Dynamics developing it. So, that could be it. We got a teaser of the game a long time ago, but almost no mention of the game since then. Maybe they wanted to wait for the Infinity War/Endgame duology to be completed before re-revealing the game.

Edit- Executive Producer.
Btw, he's now the General Manager of the Media & Arts Business Division since April after the internal restructuring of SE JP (their 11 Business Divisions got streamlined into 4). But yeah, he was (is?) the Executive Producer on FFVIIR. Maybe he stepped down from that role though like he did with the KH series too since April.

Oct 26, 2017
It's good that they stick with the format. They can fine tune it into something great eventually. It's like a Mini Direct.

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
So are we getting two or 3 games?
Medieval
3rd party game coming back from announcement
Xxxx?

If 3. Modern Warfare 4 is a lock no?
No. Sony WWS are featuring 2 of their games for this State of Play: MediEvil and a new game (new IP?) plus updates on already announced games (most likely Dreams and Concrete Genie). As for the 3rd party title, it has teased to be Square Enix related.
I am afraid that it will be only VR VR then Medievil , i am happy about Medievil and hyped for it but i want more than that
Don't think they gonna talk about VR. Otherwise, they would have mentioned it.
As usual with ANYTHING these days, keep expectations in check.
You know something about it? ;)
Is one of your games part of it? :P

TheRaidenPT

Editor-in-Chief, Hyped Pixels
Verified
Jun 11, 2018
Lisbon, Portugal
No. Sony WWS are featuring 2 of their games for this State of Play: MediEvil and a new game (new IP?) plus updates on already announced games (most likely Dreams and Concrete Genie). As for the 3rd party title, it has teased to be Square Enix related.

Don't think they gonna talk about VR. Otherwise, they would have mentioned it.

You know something about it? ;)
Is one of your games part of it? :P

We are weeks away from Blood and Truth, we might get a new trailer

F4r0_Atak

Oct 31, 2017
Home
We are weeks away from Blood and Truth, we might get a new trailer
Doubt it. They will likely release a new launch trailer for Blood & Truth a week or 2 before its release. Sooo... I am expecting it for this SoP. Guess it will not be until next week. Also, they said they would give updates for other already announced Sony games, which doesn't apply to Blood & Truth since it already got its update last month.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
my guess:
4 minutes on medievil
2x1.5 minutes on two first party games, one new, one already announced or released
2 minutes on a third party game
1 minute intro/outro/transitions

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
The best thing about Days Gone finally being released is that I won't have to see it during a conference/video stream ever again. Rejoice!

unless of course DLC is announced

Status
Not open for further replies.