• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Man that sure looks like a FFVII remake tease on the first page.

Maybe this will just be a little CGI reveal with hi we will be at E3

Sense

Oct 25, 2017
Let's see if it's better than the previous one.
There won't be the excuse of "it's their first one" this time though.
I doubt it will be anything mind blowing considering they will hold their big cards for the ps5 so I can already see you say it was just ok or as bad as the first one ;)

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
I doubt it will be anything mind blowing considering they will hold their big cards for the ps5 so I can already see you say it was just ok or as bad as the first one ;)
The main issue of the first one was more the pacing/order than what was shown. It's just supposed to be mini-Directs and they couldn't even handle that well.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
To be honest thinking about it makes sense for FFVII remake to be here. They obviously have some kind of deal with Sony and since they aren't going to be at E3 this just a way of giving Sony something g.

Oct 27, 2017
10 minutes is really short so cant expect much.

- 5min Medieval extended look
- Trailer new Ratchet & Clank
- Trailer Modern Warfare something
- Teaser TLOU2 '2019'

The end

bcatwilly

Oct 27, 2017
It basically has to be better than the first one which was a parade of VR stuff, but the logical way for anyone to temper expectations is to consider whether something that you are throwing out is big enough to have been a big deal at E3 if Sony was going this year. So for example Bloodborne 2 can almost certainly be ruled out for this State of Play, as Sony could have likely gone to E3 with some next gen high level teasing that they already did through Wired, some release dates on known big games, 3rd party games and of course the reveal of a big exclusive such as Bloodborne 2 in tow.

Oct 25, 2017
3-4 minutes of medievil. New game and re-reveal of a game. Just expect those 3 things yall. The new game will probably just be a teaser for COD and for the last thing it could easily be a 90 second trailer.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Ooh, already a second one and so soon? Very nice! Looking forward to seeing MediEvil.

Now gimme Final Fantasy IX Remake, lol.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
New game announcement is always welcome. Not gonna expect much, even though last SoP was really good for me.

Schaft0620

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
10 minutes is really short so cant expect much.

- 5min Medieval extended look
- Trailer new Ratchet & Clank
- Trailer Modern Warfare something
- Teaser TLOU2 '2019'

The end

You have to imagine Sony still has some sort of deal over COD, they have shown it at every E3 for at least the past 5 years. There were some COD rumors of news coming soon last week too.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sony does what Nintendon't.

Hopefully this State of Play will be better than the last. And hopefully people have proper expectations now! No megatons here, folks. Don't set yourself up for disappointment

Tsunamo

Oct 28, 2017
Could this be the moment of truth? The one to finally end the curse and bring with us a new Ape Escape.
Why is MediEvil taking so long? not getting hope up at all
I feel like it's a case of Sony just being weird with their marketing for it honestly. I could see this being the re-reveal with a release late this year.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PlayStation Worldwide Studios will be showing off an extended look at MediEvil, as well as a first look at a new title. And we'll have other updates and announcements from upcoming PS4 games.

It reads like 2 Worldwide Studios games, MediEvil and a new exclusive.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Huh... I'm actually not very excited. The last one was pretty meh, except the hype MK11 trailer at the very end.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
The Last of Us Part II could just use a measly one minute teaser trailer of story, gameplay, and release date.

Then this forum could GIF it frame-by-frame for discussions.

Setting up my self for disappointment...

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like "please be excited" follows Square Enix wherever they go now. It could just as easily be an Avengers tease, and I certainly hope that it is.

Nimby

Oct 27, 2017
Third party re-reveal? Maybe something like Code Vein?

Can't wait for a COD game with a campaign, but Call of Duty naming scheme is seriously fucked. Stop doing numbered sequels to sequels, leave that shit to Final Fantasy.

Bernkastel

Teyvat Traveler
The Fallen
Jan 15, 2018
Brazil
Demon's Souls Remake HYPE
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.