• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5764

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hi all! First and foremost, great job on the OT, OP! It looks great, and has a ton of information. I have Game Pass, so I've been looking forward to playing this with my friends. I know that co-op has some catches like only being able to "progress" for the host player. Do we have any decent guides on how co-op works?

I wanna know all the details before we jump in.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Is it possible to change the leader somehow?
Apparently the only way is to either have them killed or exile them, leaving that slot empty to fill with another character. I'm **really** regretting my choice in promoting a warlord. I thought it would give me some fun fighting bonuses...I didn't realize it would make me have to fight other humans a bunch, which so far is the most janky and unfun part of the game for me. Ah well.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a faster way to collect the currency to get a new base? Is Reputation, or influence lol, cant remember atm.

Trying to get the Shipping Container base, and im only half way there. Is it smarter to get another base first and then work towards getting the larger one? This inital base is just too small, but im still having trouble getting more followers.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
Is there a faster way to collect the currency to get a new base? Is Reputation, or influence lol, cant remember atm.

Trying to get the Shipping Container base, and im only half way there. Is it smarter to get another base first and then work towards getting the larger one? This inital base is just too small, but im still having trouble getting more followers.
Influence.

Clear out infestations, help groups, and make sure you take advantage of the influence boosts.

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx

I'm not sure but some characters give a boost on their trait... i got one with a "drummer" pick that gives more influence...i think some facilities give infl boost for an hour in exchange for labor etc.

You also trade items for influence...trade all your junk... those "luxury items" sell alot too... like cigar, champagne etc.... sold upward to 100 influence each.... took me several hours into 2 different playthroughs to know your suppose to trade that stuff and i'm my 3rd base is doing much much better than my first 2.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Man...as a beginner I'm overwhelmed.

I'm trying to keep things manageable but my base is depressed ? But the resources in the top left are all white, not red which I assume means I'm low ?

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Is there anyway to "sell" my current base and outposts? By that I mean I want to move and was wondering if there was anyway to get my influence from those back.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I decided to try making a new community and if you skip the tutorial, you can just roll random characters. Gives you chance to keep rerolling till you get the starting group you want. I think random map? I got the Drucker map which I hate.

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Influence boosts? How do you get those?

Also, can you switch to a different leader, or are you stuck with what you started with?

Like others said before make sure to sell your high value items, but the way I did it was by playing co-op with my friend. Co-op is buggy/glitchy/janky af but it's well worth your time if only for the influence that you earn. When I finally cleared my first map (Drucker County) and helping my friend via co-op for over 10-12 hours, I had 10k + Influence.

I'm trying to keep things manageable but my base is depressed ? But the resources in the top left are all white, not red which I assume means I'm low ?

Many factors contribute to low morale amongst your survivors. Lack of supplies, different personalities, some folks in my base (2 in particular) like to start fights and pick on other when they're low on morale. Make good use of your community screen to look at the strength and weaknesses of your survivors and use the base screen and on the left hand side you'll have 4 different tabs named Resources, Community, Morale, Effects and Threat Level, respectively.

Use them to your advantage and find out who exactly is low on morale and how their personalities may or may not be affecting your camp.

For example, 2 of my survivors are a real pain in the ass, so I installed a white noise machine mod on my beds to boost morale by 10 and mitigate against that.

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
One question about outposts, should I spread them out ? Why not use the buildings closest to the base ?

TheAdmiester

Mar 1, 2018
I'm about to start playing and I'd like to know this too.

I think it's just the same as the first game, each new day that rolls around the resource ticks up.

One question about outposts, should I spread them out ? Why not use the buildings closest to the base ?

Outposts generate a small safe area radius. If you have some spread around the map in dense built-up areas it can be quite handy to cut back the zombie presence.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So, I settled in the foothills. Now I know I can expand to outposts, have a few myself, but they are just that, outposts. Is there any way to make a second base, as in build infirmary, etc? And is there any way to move my base to a bigger space, with more opportunities to build? I know I can move to a different map, but I mean in the same map. A place where instead of 4 structures I can have 8, for example.

Outpost are good for resources such as electricity and water so you don't have to build them in your base freeing up slots. You can also drop off inventory and change characters. If the outpost has beds those also count towards your base.

Last edited:

Philtastic

Jan 3, 2018
Canada
Really? I've never eaten snacks so far or drank an energy drink in my whole playthrough. It would only makes sense if it ups my lost bar again but just filling it up was never necessary when I could just stand still for 5 seconds instead.
Sometimes you don't have 5 seconds to regain your stamina, namely if you're being swarmed.

In your base management screen, there's a morale bar. If you click on that bar, it'll give you a detailed summary of every effect that's contributing to your morale total.

RC0101

Oct 27, 2017
Sometimes you don't have 5 seconds to regain your stamina, namely if you're being swarmed.

In your base management screen, there's a morale bar. If you click on that bar, it'll give you a detailed summary of every effect that's contributing to your morale total.

Ahh thank you! Is there somewhere you can see the resources you are consuming vs generating?

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
I recruited someone when i shouldn't (low on beds), are there downsides to getting them out of your group? I see plenty of people i've recruited who have their own little quests, so i assume those are missable if i choose not to recruit or exile current members?

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a push to talk option? I'm in a friend's game but I'm also in an Xbox party with him and some other people and the two of us are getting an echo as our voices come through in game and the xbox app too

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know how to disable that annoying pop up that says my system isn't good enough to run the game?

I have no idea why it is giving me that warning, as I have an i5 7400 and a 1070 and the game runs at 60+ fps with everything on ultra...

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
This is a minor thing, but it really bothers me that the "Press Any Button To Continue" has a seconds-long pause after you press a button. I think it's connecting to the network or something but it's still a bummer.

Instant transition or bust.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
I got excited to find a survivor with my name... and she was useless. Her skill was "sports trivia".

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Does this game do that annoying thing in the first one where your base runs out of resources when you aren't playing the game?

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
My base has an exclamation point on it constantly and I can't tell why. My leader does as well but never has a quest when I switch to her. Not sure what's going on here.

Seductivpancakes

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Favorite vehicle?

So far for me is the utility truck. Basically a pickup truck with a plow in the front.

I saw repairable armored truck of some sort while scavenging but left it alone.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
How do I get more slots for my base? Also if I picked say the Plateau am I stock there and can never go to the other 2 maps?

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Favorite vehicle?

So far for me is the utility truck. Basically a pickup truck with a plow in the front.

I saw repairable armored truck of some sort while scavenging but left it alone.

Same, it takes a nice chunk of damage before it calls it quits and can survive about 3 hits to a Juggernaut before you have to stop.

Been searching for one ever since I moved on to Meagher Valley.

Last edited:

The Heape

Oct 27, 2017
How do I get more slots for my base? Also if I picked say the Plateau am I stock there and can never go to the other 2 maps?
1. Each base has a set amount of slots, you can see which slots are available on new bases before you move in.

2. Once you have a level 2 command center you can choose the look for exits (probably called something else but along those lines) and then choose a new place to settle.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
1. Each base has a set amount of slots, you can see which slots are available on new bases before you move in.

2. Once you have a level 2 command center you can choose the look for exits (probably called something else but along those lines) and then choose a new place to settle.

Oh okay. Damn. So when all my slots are full in my base is it time to go get a new one? I really need water and a work post. I've also seen that command to look for new settlements.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
I just signed up for XBOX Game Pass to get this game on my PC.

Why is the store so ass-backwards? I got the pass, subscribed, and every time I go to State of Decay 2 it still has the "Sign up for a 14 day trial" option, this is frustrating af.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
I just signed up for XBOX Game Pass to get this game on my PC.

Why is the store so ass-backwards? I got the pass, subscribed, and every time I go to State of Decay 2 it still has the "Sign up for a 14 day trial" option, this is frustrating af.

The store is shit, but you shouldnt judge it for gamepass alone. Gamepass working on pc is a side effect, not intentional - for all purposes gamepass is strictly a xbox service (that just happens to work with play anywhere games)

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
how do I resolve conflicts within the base? I see a timer counting down with two people, one instigator one is victim.

Gloomz

Oct 27, 2017
You have to go into the xbox app to start it up.

Yeah, thanks - I chatted with an 'ambassador' and they told me you have to fucking download it on your Xbox first. That's annoying, as I don't have an Xbox. I thought play anywhere meant play shit on my PC.

The dude said it was a 'glitch they are working on,' though.

shiba5

I shed
Oct 25, 2017
Do you have to build the Leader buildings to advance the story? I think my builder quest is bugged because nothing is happening and I destroyed the plague hearts a long time ago. My leader just keeps saying I need to turn my base into a fortress and the only thing I can think is that they want the big watch tower built - which is useless because I'm in the Container Fort.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's just the same as the first game, each new day that rolls around the resource ticks up.

Outposts generate a small safe area radius. If you have some spread around the map in dense built-up areas it can be quite handy to cut back the zombie presence.
Outposts don't create safe zones anymore in the sequel. Zombies still roam freely around them.

Goose Se7en

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope there's some military vehicles.

For sure you'll find some. You're currently in Drucker County right? I know that many things in the game are procedurally generated so I don't know how much this is going to help, but back when I was in Drucker, there was a military base that contained a military vehicle on the southeast part of the map.

Be warned, they can take a beating but they chug gas and are very tank like, very susceptible to get "barnacled" when surrounded by zombies.

TheAdmiester

Mar 1, 2018
Outposts don't create safe zones anymore in the sequel. Zombies still roam freely around them.
I know they can wander in now, but it seems from experience (could be wrong though) that outposts at least block the spawning of them.

They're definitely supposed to do something because the perk list for almost every outpost has "Permanent safe area" in it.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
Ok. I thought someone said your survivors couldn't go out on supply runs? Well, Deon one of my starting characters who somehow always gets the blood plague went and returned with food and fuel. After I healed him of the plague he said now I need to find something to do. I didn't notice or see him leave, but like 45 mins later he comes back and said I found supplies on my run. Is there a way I can manually make survivors do this?

Xaero Gravity

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok. I thought someone said your survivors couldn't go out on supply runs? Well, Deon one of my starting characters who somehow always gets the blood plague went and returned with food and fuel. After I healed him of the plague he said now I need to find something to do. I didn't notice or see him leave, but like 45 mins later he comes back and said I found supplies on my run. Is there a way I can manually make survivors do this?
The reviewer was wrong, Karak even mentioned it in the review thread.

But basically, the happier your group's moral is, the more likely they are to go out and get supplies.