• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Reading the FAQ and all the regions that are fully localized are just english speaking places. Is this some new kind of shady shit to mean that the game only has english VA available?

Deleted member 32615

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Wasn't really interested in this, but as there aren't too many games out this month that interest me, I'll take a look at this!

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Has anyone seen the ability to dispatch community members to gather X resource? Haven't really seen streamers use the radio function much at all. Curious if that specific thing is still in or if they want you to be the one doing it all.
As far as I'm aware no. You can request they locate a certain resource for you but not send them off.

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
""Technically all "fullscreen" apps hosted by Windows 10 are really borderless windowed so you can't change the resolution there."" is what UL said themselves and there seems to be literally no way for them to code it in.

If you want to downscale you need to apply that resolution to your desktop first and the game will use that resolution by default.

Thankx for the info. What a mess, I hope UL can fix this in the Steam version.

Last edited:

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for posting mine Nor!

And ya. Despite bugs god dahhhhm the game is fun. My lord.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Seems like GameInformer is enjoying it - for the most part - but no review yet.
Kotaku seemed to have enjoyed it, but been frustrated with the bugs.

Xumbrega

Oct 25, 2017
Brasil
Yeah, once I heard about the bugs in co-op I knew the game would bomb review-wise, sees like another rushed game by MS =/.

Still looking forward to play cause I know the game is good, but man, too bad the game is lauching like that

Pabz

Oct 25, 2017
Damn sucks they didn't get the time to fix the jank and bugs. Still looking forward to playing though.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
70 on opencritic http://opencritic.com/game/5803/state-of-decay-2

Kinda what I expected coming from State of Decay 1. some people are gonna stand the jank others will be fine with it or even love it.

If you played and liked 1 tho this is like a must play. Great game imo to lead fans into E3.

edit: Still dont understand how in Opencritic a 70 is "fair", feel like a 70 is good. 8 great etc etc

Karak

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I luckily didn't hit near the number of bugs others apparently did, though hit some for sure. My hope is they really power through it and patch that shit up because the systems and the interplay of them in the game is fantastic.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
MS has so few releases lined up right now, they really should have pushed this a month to allow time to fix more bugs. After the underwhelming Sea of Thieves, they really needed this one to hit. I mean Sony has dropped SotC Remastered, God of War, and soon, Detroit: Become Human so far in 2018, while MS has dropped Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2; both of which seem like they could have used more time.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I found it mostly enjoyable due to the strong RPG systems, but the hoarding can become a slog, and the bugs can be very annoying. The small ones with falling zombies or open doors you have to open again are managable. But mission objectives failing to appear (forcing you to give up and giving you a moral hit), cars getting stuck on the tiniest of rocks (fun when you just filled them up and repaired them) or npc's you want to talk too running away from you indefinitely are a real pain in the ass.

xabbott

Oct 28, 2017
Florida
I'll still play this. But I wonder what's up with all of the bugs considering the pretty long development time. I'm starting to wonder if it's the play anywhere stuff. Or maybe they originally built something else and started over?

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like a disaster. Was watching streams and seems consistent problems with the Eurogamer review above.

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
It's not having much luck with the weigh of the scores on MC. Have received a good bunch of positive reviews and still under 75. 72 now

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I really wonder why games like this, which are generally seen as fun, get hit so hard in reviews for bugs and "jank" but games like Elder Scrolls, etc which are notoriously full of bugs and jank get glossed over and praised regardless of those issues?

Anyways, seems like from the reviews if you enjoyed the first one this one will be just as fun. I know I found the first one to be the best "survive in a zombie apocalypse" game out there.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I don't mind a few bugs and jank if it's not killing my savegame or characters.
Thanks god we're living in a world with constant patch support and since they supported the first one back then so heavenly with patches and content, I have no doubt that they will do the same here.

Full support from me.

Feb 26, 2018
I really wonder why games like this, which are generally seen as fun, get hit so hard in reviews for bugs and "jank" but games like Elder Scrolls, etc which are notoriously full of bugs and jank get glossed over and praised regardless of those issues?

Anyways, seems like from the reviews if you enjoyed the first one this one will be just as fun. I know I found the first one to be the best "survive in a zombie apocalypse" game out there.
If you read the reviews u can see that it's not only bugs.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
If you read the reviews u can see that it's not only bugs.

i know it isn't only for that in some reviews, but it just seems in general when it comes to more budgeted games like this the bugs and other issues cost them more in reviews then big AAA games like TES, which seems to get a pass for the same type of issues. Seems to me like it'd make more sense to be the other way around, where a limited budget game should be more forgiveable for having bugs compared to a huge high budget AAA game should be held to a higher standard in that aspect, since they can more easily afford QA and a budget for more polishing and developers to handle that.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
i know it isn't only for that in some reviews, but it just seems in general when it comes to more budgeted games like this the bugs and other issues cost them more in reviews then big AAA games like TES, which seems to get a pass for the same type of issues. Seems to me like it'd make more sense to be the other way around, where a limited budget game should be more forgiveable for having bugs compared to a huge high budget AAA game should be held to a higher standard in that aspect, since they can more easily afford QA and a budget for more polishing and developers to handle that.

Yes, 100% this.

Feb 26, 2018
Oh okay. I get our point
But I think every dev should be held for the same standard. Indy devs have smaller world compared to AAA games.

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
Oh okay. I get our point
But I think every dev should be held for the same standard. Indy devs have smaller world compared to AAA games.
Both yes and no.
It's hard to keep a team of 10 to the same standard as a team of 100, but price is also a factor in this or at least should be.

Also there's been huge patches already with bug fixes and such so the reviews might not completely line up with the release product.

So far reading the OpenCritics the scores mostly confuse me from some people, but on the bright side more or less all of them say the game is fun.

Cripterion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sounds plausible. Was the first localized?

Nope I don't recall.
I have no problem playing games in English (as a matter of fact I always prefer original V.A) but I do play games with my son and some french V.A would have been mostly welcome, especially considering the game has a higher budget and is a MS exclusive.

EDIT : To me feels like MS don't give a fuck about this gen anymore, sentiment echoed with reviewers and other insiders. It's cool that they're gearing towards next gen but I really wonder what's the incentive of picking up a more powerful console if they don't have worthwhile games to shine on it.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2018
Both yes and no.
It's hard to keep a team of 10 to the same standard as a team of 100, but price is also a factor in this or at least should be.

Also there's been huge patches already with bug fixes and such so the reviews might not completely line up with the release product.

So far reading the OpenCritics the scores mostly confuse me from some people, but on the bright side more or less all of them say the game is fun.

I always though it was fully backed by MS so budget should not be an issue? Or is some third party exclusive like Persona or Yakuza

I think reviews are mostly fair. If you love the first one you will love SoD2.
I guess I hoped for much bigger jump in quality.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Oh okay. I get our point

Indie studios with a limited team size/budget can't afford the same luxuries that a huge AAA studio can have.

They have budget constraints, time constraints from the publisher, the lack of manpower compared to a bigger studio, etc.

They can't work on QA/Polish and bug fixing as long as a studio like say, Ubisoft/Bethesda/Rockstar which can pretty much take as much time as they feel comfortable with to polish and iron out their game before release.

They have milestones and a launch window that's beholden to them by a publisher that's paying them the money to make said game and not nearly as much wiggle room in regards to those things.

I always though it was fully backed by MS so budget should not be an issue? Or is some third party exclusive like Persona or Yakuza

I think reviews are mostly fair. If you love the first one you will love SoD2.
I guess I hoped for much bigger jump in quality.

MS is the publisher but Undead Labs is still an indie studio (not owned by MS) so no, they aren't just going to give them an unlimted budget or time to finish it.

A lot of big games from AAA studios are generally owned by the publisher (Ubisoft, EA, Bethesda, etc) and have proven track records/franchises under their belt so their parent company can give them a lot more freedom in terms of budget/time to develop their games.

When it comes to an indie studio the reins are held much more tightly by those same publishers (at least from things I've read in the past).

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I found it mostly enjoyable due to the strong RPG systems, but the hoarding can become a slog, and the bugs can be very annoying. The small ones with falling zombies or open doors you have to open again are managable. But mission objectives failing to appear (forcing you to give up and giving you a moral hit), cars getting stuck on the tiniest of rocks (fun when you just filled them up and repaired them) or npc's you want to talk too running away from you indefinitely are a real pain in the ass.

I ran into the exact same bugs. The worst for me is making it unable to finish my playthrough, my legacy goals aren't showing up.

But the game is just so damn fun regularly despite its buggy issues. I really enjoyed my time with it and will be sinking 10s more hours in for sure. I debated on how hard to knock it for the bugs but at the end of the day I had a blast with it.

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
I ran into the exact same bugs. The worst for me is making it unable to finish my playthrough, my legacy goals aren't showing up.

But the game is just so damn fun regularly despite its buggy issues. I really enjoyed my time with it and will be sinking 10s more hours in for sure. I debated on how hard to knock it for the bugs but at the end of the day I had a blast with it.
Well, in the end its the enjoyment that matters the most :)