• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Goonie

Oct 26, 2017
Did anyone actually like Daybreak?

Also do we know what's next? I'd like them to keep adding to the main game.
I really like the unlocks you can get for your community (specifically the Red Talon operatives and facilities). The mode itself was fun for a while, but now it just feels like a chore. They haven't said what's coming next, just that they plan to support the game for a while, and I've seen them hint at some sort of difficulty update.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
Undead Labs retweeted the Xbox twitter's X018 tweet with regards to more State of Decay updates/content.

https://twitter.com/StateOfDecay/status/1059875359678619649?s=19

Outside of Forza Horizon 4, State of Decay 2 has me the most excited as far as updates & DLC is concerned.

Would love a map of a more metropolitan area or even a mall.

It looks like we're going back to the SoD 1 map. I'd be down with that.

I'd like to see them expand their game to a metropolitan area soon but we'll probably have to wait for State of Decay 3.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
It looks like we're going back to the SoD 1 map. I'd be down with that.

I'd like to see them expand their game to a metropolitan area soon but we'll probably have to wait for State of Decay 3.
Yeah looks to be.

I like Trumbull Valley as well though, will be interesting to see it even more dilapidated and in Unreal Engine. That map was pretty big so it'll be interesting if they link it to the current maps or if they just make it it's own DLC area.

Juturna

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played since launch, probably going to jump back in this weekend to see what's new

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
The Plague Hearts are pretty easy to kill. See if you can find a semi-automatic shotgun and/or upgrade your base to be able to build pipe bombs. I believe that three or four pipebombs kill a single plague heart.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
The Plague Hearts are pretty easy to kill. See if you can find a semi-automatic shotgun and/or upgrade your base to be able to build pipe bombs. I believe that three or four pipebombs kill a single plague heart.
Hmmm will look into this. I feel like every time I load it up and play for 2-3 hours I make no "progress" and am just putting fires out haha

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
Once you get enough weapons and get your base right you should be able to mop up the plague hearts pretty quickly. I had one night where I knocked out like 6 or 7 of them in a couple of hours.

Nov 3, 2017
Kinda hate exiling my vanilla characters :(

q9zHib3.gif

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Sorry for the bump but I have jumped back into SoD2 and I still really enjoy it, even if I am super slow and methodical about my survival. I start a community and then spend ages and ages stockpiling goods, before even making the infirmary or the workshop. I just like to be ready before I jump in.

I do have a habit of constantly starting a community to get a better understanding of the game, so i never seem to get too far before I want to try something else.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I'm just starting to play this game for my first time ever, and having all the DLC stuff pop up in my face is kind of overwhelming.

For example, I'm immediately presented with the option to use over-powered weapons from supply drops, but I don't want to completely ruin the progression for myself.

Is there a way around this? Or am I over-thinking things?

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
So.. I've been playing through days gone.

How's the pc version of this? Was thinking about picking it up

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm, I didn't know the DLC weapons were grossly overpowered.

May go back to the game if those help because I was feeling very "stuck"

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks for the impressions. I have five games in backlog right now from Gamepass but I guess I'm going to add this DLC to the list.

Merc

Jun 10, 2018
How is this game for coop? Looking for a good coop game to play with a friend. Thanks!

Goonie

Oct 26, 2017
How is this game for coop? Looking for a good coop game to play with a friend. Thanks!
It's fun in co-op, but just be aware that there are no servers, it's all P2P. Lag can make weird things happen and permadeath is still active when playing with others. Also, if you're a guest in your friend's world, you're really just there to help them. You can't interact with missions or help build up bases or anything, but you can loot and kill zombies.

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I've just got back in to this following the recent Juggernaut edition release. Never played Heartland so started with that.

I forgot how addictive I found the core loop of the game. There's something so therapeutic about slowly working your way through towns for supplies, clearing infestations and building out your own base and survivors. I was in to WWZ for a while for that L4D style action fix but there's no zombie game quite like this one.

Heartland seems cool, with the return to the OG valley, making all zombies plague zombies (which makes managing infection levels much more of an issue) and giving you a well equipped base from the offset makes it a cool experience.

Anyone else dived back on this after the Juggernaut release?

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've just got back in to this following the recent Juggernaut edition release. Never played Heartland so started with that.

I forgot how addictive I found the core loop of the game. There's something so therapeutic about slowly working your way through towns for supplies, clearing infestations and building out your own base and survivors. I was in to WWZ for a while for that L4D style action fix but there's no zombie game quite like this one.

Heartland seems cool, with the return to the OG valley, making all zombies plague zombies (which makes managing infection levels much more of an issue) and giving you a well equipped base from the offset makes it a cool experience.

Anyone else dived back on this after the Juggernaut release?
Yeah been playing the hell out of it. Been having a really good time. The official discord is a pretty good place to link up with people if you're into that.

Oct 25, 2017
How do I level up the mechanic skills of a character? One of my initial character has two stars only.

I want to use the shop in the second base.

BlockABoots

Oct 27, 2017
I forgot that toilet roll and hand sanitisers it a important tradable commodity in this game.......when game worlds start mimicking real life