• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Hit my phone about 30 minutes ago. It appears just about everyone in California is receiving this.

First kind of COVID alert I've ever received.

JetmanJay

Nov 1, 2017
Got this on my phone about an hour ago. Did something change from the order we had on Sunday night?

Meanwhile, everyone in my area pretty much just ignores it.

Nov 18, 2020
A shame that many jobs are falsely considered "Essential activity" (and yet receive nothing to justify their elevated status except for an increased risk of contracting COVID-19).

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
yet shopping malls are still open enticing ppl to finish their xmas shopping...

many 'personal care' businesses in my area are still open and won't comply to this unfortunately

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Got one too. Not sure if it will work well at this point but what else can we do now till the vaccine. It's out of control and all we can do is keep safe as much as possible.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A shame that many jobs are falsely considered "Essential activity" (and yet receive nothing to justify their elevated status except for an increased risk of contracting COVID-19).
Exactly. As long as these "essential" jobs are open, people will still violate shelter-in-place orders, and there's a lot of businesses that are useless that are still operating because of that essential status. I don't want people to lose their jobs, but the only way to prevent another collapse is by shutting everything down for months.

Even with the vaccine, there will still be outbreaks.

Vilam

Oct 27, 2017
Nah. I'm out getting McDonalds right now. With a mask and socially distanced (naturally.)

Kal117K

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nothing here either in the Sac area. Is this specific to the regions that have the active orders?

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just got it. Have a dentist appointment tomorrow. Hrmmm.
I feel like a dentist appointment would reasonably fall into the category of "essential work" given that it's something you're doing for the sake of your health. Even if it's just a check up and not any actual procedure, check up's are important as preventive care because it's always better to find and deal with potential problems before they become major issues

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We got this in alberta and it doesn't look like anyone is paying attention to it.

Deleted member 12028

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good, people should be staying home. Way too many people not treating this with the seriousness it deserves.

madstarr12

Jan 25, 2018
Nothing here. One co-worker got the message tho, and that co-worker is like 20 feet away from me.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
We got this in PA a week or two ago and it did absolute fuck all. The state has remained in the same opening phase and I still have assholes coming into my store with their entire god damn family.

Last edited:

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
I was about to take the GMAT tomorrow and boy let me tell you, this has absolutely *ruined* things.

Sep 14, 2019
Hit my phone about 30 minutes ago. It appears just about everyone in California is receiving this.

First kind of COVID alert I've ever received.

I'm surprised so many people are making a big deal out of this.

I've gotten a similar alert a few times in the last few months.

But maybe that's just for LA County.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Public gyms are supposed to be closed if you're in an area of the state covered by the stay at home order.

This one is outdoors and remaining open... it may come to let's not talk about fight club type of thing. And before anyone jumped down my throat I've never seen more precautions taken, everything is constantly wipe down by the people there everyone has masks they're constantly walking around seeing if people have masks etc. etc. That people can fuck around and go to malls but for some reason places like gyms are the disaster zone 's… Please.

Malleymal

Oct 28, 2017
Fight through everyone. Just try to make it to the finish line. September 2021 is just around the corner.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I feel for all the business owners and workers. No easy solution to this situation. I hope they can make it through this.

FlexMentallo

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Los Angeles
I got the alert in LA.

There's an outdoor gym that is still open near me, set up in a parking lot under a tent. No way its Covid safe or compliant with stay at home. All the outdoor dining around here has stopped, though.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I got one... now if only I could talk my folks and sister into stop traveling
Retail as in small businesses are being allowed to stay open at 20% this time because the state literally doesn't have the funds to help them be closed for a while. That's what federal support is intended for and we're not getting it. Agreed on the big box stores though

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Didn't get one yet people around me did. Weird.

Time to, uh... keep doing what I've been doing since March.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I got that message over an hour ago and I've been staying at home too since March. Asking my coworkers and some of them got freaked out by the alert.

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. As long as these "essential" jobs are open, people will still violate shelter-in-place orders, and there's a lot of businesses that are useless that are still operating because of that essential status. I don't want people to lose their jobs, but the only way to prevent another collapse is by shutting everything down for months.

Even with the vaccine, there will still be outbreaks.
Why don't you go tell all these people who aren't able to pay rent or put food on the table that their job is useless. Outta here with that shit. When the gov starts paying people to stay home, maybe people will stay home.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
This one is outdoors and remaining open... it may come to let's not talk about fight club type of thing. And before anyone jumped down my throat I've never seen more precautions taken, everything is constantly wipe down by the people there everyone has masks they're constantly walking around seeing if people have masks etc. etc. That people can fuck around and go to malls but for some reason places like gyms are the disaster zone 's… Please.
Because generally people do not workout with masks on.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Because generally people do not workout with masks on.

Fair, I would say (well maybe it's just anecdotal) but the people still super dedicated working out during these times are VERY dedicated to working out ,for one reason or another. No one at my gym wants it to close so everyone is going the extra mile, the temperature taker, the guys walking around constantly with "masksON" signs, cleaning stations throughout the gym to wipe things down...there are no people being lax about safety where I'm going. It's one of the reasons it's upset me when they close gyms down the first few times. Nowhere besides like hospitals that I see people taking more precautions than at the gym, and yet everyone can dine outside or pack a mall,do this or do that. It was nonsense

People have already been kicked out+ memberships canceled for not abiding by mask rules, it's a personally owned gym so he can do as he pleases. Thank goodness