• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Jog around the block and cut out food. A couple years ago I lost 20 pounds doing that in a pretty loose fashion without ever going to the gym.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
OP how is your relationship with your body? You are already at a perfecrly fine weight. Losing weight will not make you any healthier. If your goal is to be healthy just do sports and workout that's all you need to do. Other than that just packing on muscle mass should be enough too if your goal is an aesthatic one. No need to do a diet specifically to lose weight.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Oh wait, 190 and 6'3"? Arent you already at like 32 to 34 inch waist? If you're overweight it's only very slightly. Theb again I'd probably do the same if I were young and single.

DiceHands

Oct 27, 2017
p90x and the p90x diet (which is basically 50% protein/30% carbs/20% fat) can get you there. look for replacement excercises if you dont have the pull up bar. i started in mid january, im down 20+.

EN1GMA

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Try greatly reducing the amount of sugar and sodium in your diet. You may not even realize how much you're taking in everyday.

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
Keep your calaories low, say 1500 and do Insanity workout pushing yourself hard during it. Then run for 45 minutes.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
6'3 170 would be way too skinny. That's the height and weight I was when I joined the army and it was borderline unhealthy.

BMI calculators aren't super accurate on their own or anything but I put those numbers in and it calculates a BMI of 21.2. You have to be under 18.5 to be considered underweight.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
MyFitnessPal: Record everything and keep it to your goal or under.

Exercise is bonus on top of the above. Don't count it, but definitely do it. Cardio is good. Keep track of miles or something and set a nice goal.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
Keep your calaories low, say 1500 and do Insanity workout pushing yourself hard during it. Then run for 45 minutes.

I literally did this and it worked for me. This was years ago though but the workouts were fun enough to keep my interest and the results further motivated me.

You'll just need to see what works for you. About 9 years ago I decided to cut out soda and drink at least a gallon of water a day and have kept to that. I do drink coffee and 0 sugar/calorie energy drinks in combination with my water intake.

EloKa

GSP
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
6'3 and 190lb sound like you should do bodyweight exercises instead of trying to lose weight to be honest.
Thats like 190cm and 86 kg in normal units which isn't ... much?

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
I literally did this and it worked for me. This was years ago though but the workouts were fun enough to keep my interest and the results further motivated me.

You'll just need to see what works for you. About 9 years ago I decided to cut out soda and drink at least a gallon of water a day and have kept to that. I do drink coffee and 0 sugar/calorie energy drinks in combination with my water intake.

It's what I did to drop from 315 to 165 years ago which is why I was specific. Worked very well and becomes enjoyable once you settle into routine. You'll get to the point where you refuse to miss your workout lol.

I also do the zero calorie drink thing and still do. Don't drink your calories kids.

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
I recently lost 25 lbs by simply cutting out soda, stopped eating out, and mainly only eat air fried chicken with veggies.

I played Ring Fit Adventure for a month as well, but fell off when I had some personal problems arise in life. To my surprise, I've still dropped 5 lbs since stopping that.

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
Weightloss is about calories so just burn more than you eat. Simple to say, harder to master

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Download "my fitness pal", count your calories and exercise. This app allows you to log everything you eat and the exercise you perform. It's all about calories in and calories out.

Start jogging.

That is it.

Edit: beaten like a red headed step child. Best part about this app is that it makes you understand calories and how exercise effects your intake. After a month or so, you won't even need it anymore.

Last edited:

CrocoDuck

Oct 28, 2017
If you can, buy a cheap jump rope and add it to your cardio. 15-30 minutes max on the rope. Also, start eating better.

SapientWolf

Nov 6, 2017
You're well in the normal weight range, OP. If you don't like how you look at that weight you should probably be aiming more for a recomp. Lift heavy and eat clean.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Classic, original P90X will do the trick and then some.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
Check out r/bodyweightfitness.
Calisthenic if more fun than lifting with its fun and challenging progressions.

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
Regarding workouts:

I recommend checking the other videos from Calisthenic Movement.

For home workouts calisthenics are the way to go.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
NTC Premium is free right now and you can filter workouts by equipment. Count cals and workout. Join me in sweating and grunting in the living room.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Don't listen to people advising to omit carbs. Just count calories and move more. If you can't sustain something for life, you're setting yourself up for a rebound. Get yourself a pullup bar from Walmart that can hang in a door frame. Do pushups, pullups, hold those dumbbells and do squats. Take walks.

Only drink water and don't eat after 5pm. No sugar.

What happens at 5pm, man? And what is wrong with sugar? Sugar is just another source of calories. Getting them via fruit is smart but either way, as long as they are accounted for, they are not an issue.

Edit: people keep talking about bodyweight when the thing that matters is body composition. You can remain the same weight while lifting and lose fat/gain muscle at the same time. A recomposition. I say, try 2k calories, prioritize protein, and lift. Add calisthenics as well. Cardio and low calories is a fast route to losing muscle as well as fat leaving you looking emaciated.

Last edited:

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Go for a run, and don't stop until all these songs finish.

Take you for a ride
This is True Love We're making
Indestructible
Into the free Dagan
Devil Trigger

mere_immortal

Oct 25, 2017
Calorie deficit, that's it for losing weight. Working out will burn a bit, but really it's just about consuming less calories than you expend.

You could just eat ice cream and chocolate, as long as it's less than your daily calorie expenditure you'll lose weight. Track stuff with myfitnesspal.

OP
OP
Okabe

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
See thing is this time last year it was the same ordeal. I went down to 161 in the summer but by this December it came back . 30 lbs gained from October to now.

I walk 13km a day so cardio is never an issue

Guess ill just not eat or something lol im kidding but yeah idk whats a night time snack i can have ?

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
Try not to do everything at the same time. Do one thing, and once you've created a habit, move to the next thing.
This. A million times this.

Don't look for quick results when you are trying to get in shape or lose weight. Its literally one day at a time. Within a month or so it will become your habit. Keep that habit and before you know it you will have surpassed your goal and will be setting a new one.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
All I got are two 35lb weights and one 20lb weight.

I have all of the outdoors to walk or run

How can i do this ?

Anyone got a workout at home plan ?

Bruh how the hell do i stop myself from eating at night now that im at home all the time ? It's ....so hard now.

(I'm 6'3 190lb currently) and that is a no go for me
Jump ropes. Do it for 20min every day. Also intermittent fasting. If you want to eat at night then do it, but then next day don't eat anything noon besides coffee. It doesn't restrict calories, just gives your body time to reset its insulin levels.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
eat less.

everyone's all like ya i need to work out to lose weight. The problem with that is your weigh is 80% diet 20% exercise. Not to mention when you start exercising after not exercising or never having exercised you then eat more because your hungrier. And your brain is happy to oblige "i worked out today i can eat more" yea no you can't.

Nov 1, 2017
Start doing calisthenics like push ups, pull ups, squats and burpees. Building lean muscle mass goes such a long way to improving your physique even if you dont lose fat. A lot of people are just skinny fat but they think all they need to do is lose 15lbs and they'll look good without any muscle tone underneath.

Like every one else says diet is 90% of what determines your body fat % is going to be. This doesn't mean to neglect strength training though. its the other side of the coin to looking in shape and athletic.

For me intermittent fasting works the best. I cant be bothered to count the calories of everything I eat, besides TDE calculations and calorie estimates can be just plain wrong. If you combine fasting consistently and eating high quality whole food in your feeding windows (in moderation) you can't go wrong. IMO its much more easy to turn this into a habit you can stick to rather than a chore.

mangopositive

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Get gastritis so that you get nauseous every time you drink, then exercise. Working for me! I got a Peloton in December, when I weighed 257 lbs. Now, by not drinking alcohol, drinking a lot more water, exercising, and having oatmeal for breakfast instead of McDonalds, I weigh under 230 for the first time in a decade. My goal is to give my stomach until June before trying alcohol again. I hope to be 200 to 210 or so. Hopefully I won't ever let myself get back to that point. With everything going on, seems like it was an excellent time to get healthy.

Oct 26, 2017
Portion your meals, cut out all snacking and desserts, cut out carbs and sugars, focus on proteins and vegetables, and eat regularly throughout the day

Been doing this for like 2 weeks now and I've almost lost 10 pounds, although I have not been super strict about it and am young

Kalel114

Oct 27, 2017
Interment fasting (16/8) and a lot of walking (my job) worked for me. Went from 6'0 217 to 183. Took a while, but worked.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
All I got are two 35lb weights and one 20lb weight.

I have all of the outdoors to walk or run

How can i do this ?

Anyone got a workout at home plan ?

Bruh how the hell do i stop myself from eating at night now that im at home all the time ? It's ....so hard now.

(I'm 6'3 190lb currently) and that is a no go for me

Low/no carbs. You'll be 20lbs down in 2-4 weeks.

You could eat steak covered in cheese and wrapped in bacon, and still lose 20 lbs in a few weeks. 🤣

Unless you are in pretty good shape already ☹️😆