• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
And found out it has been cancelled.

So my questions (without spoilers), does it end in a good way or is it a cliffhanger? Hate to invest time and never come to a conclusion.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I to would like to find out. I've watched about 18 episodes then heard it was cancelled and stopped watching it.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It does not end well. It's a solid third season but not a good final season. It ends in a huge cliff hanger.

Edit: I will say you get a few details about the aliens in the third season but they are nowhere near well wrapped up, and characters are almost literally left hanging in life or death circumstances.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's still a good show even with the massive cliff hanger, there is a lot more to tell about the aliens though so don't expect much on that front until the end that leaves even more.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Hah, I started watching it last week, I'm a few episodes into third season and I gotta say, I like it. I'm fully prepared for a cliffhanger ending, but I've come to accept that in many things in life it's the journey, not the destination. This gives me some Half Life vibes especially in the first season. I like that kind of resistance shit.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
One of the most maddening recent cancellations. I really loved the show and I want to say you should watch it anyway because it's good, but the cliffhanger is pretty fucking anger-inducing when you know it will never be addressed.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
One of the most maddening recent cancellations. I really loved the show and I want to say you should watch it anyway because it's good, but the cliffhanger is pretty fucking anger-inducing when you know it will never be addressed.
I felt the same way about Surface

OP
OP
fanboi

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
So is there any other series like Colony that is ongoing / got finished?

I remember watching a series with that Doctor from ER, which I dropped after some seasons.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I remember watching a series with that Doctor from ER, which I dropped after some seasons.
Not exactly like it, but if you enjoy espionage/double agent-type stories, The Americans (1980s Soviet Spies) is great and finished up with 5 seasons just last year.

There's also Counterpart if you need a little sci-fi in your show. JK Simmons does a phenomenal job and they're just wrapping up season 2.

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
I think it does a decent job of tying up some loose ends but it does end on a cliffhanger.

I's say you should still watch it. Best tv show in recent years, it's definitely worth it.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Just started with season 3 and found out it has been cancelled - I hope Netflix or someone else picks it up.
Edit: Seeing that it was cancelled last June it seems unlikely as the cast will probably have moved on to other things....

shenden

Oct 27, 2017

I believe you mean Falling Skies? Yeah I think it had a conclusion to it's story arc, but I just remember the last season being atrocious. Too bad cause I really liked the first season.

Regarding Colony, it's a shame it ended. I just finished s02 and started watching the third one when I learnt about the cancellation and then just stopped watching it because of the talks of it ending on a cliffhanger.

OP
OP
fanboi

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I believe you mean Falling Skies? Yeah I think it had a conclusion to it's story arc, but I just remember the last season being atrocious. Too bad cause I really liked the first season.

Regarding Colony, it's a shame it ended. I just finished s02 and started watching the third one when I learnt about the cancellation and then just stopped watching it because of the talks of it ending on a cliffhanger.

Yes, that show!

And I did the same (except watched 2 episodes only :P).

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I got confused and thought of this old Reality TV show
11586771_768x1024.jpg

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
There's also Counterpart if you need a little sci-fi in your show. JK Simmons does a phenomenal job and they're just wrapping up season 2.

Counterpart secured a deal through Starz guaranteeing two seasons, but I believe it has since been cancelled and the production team has given up on doing anything further. It's a really good show though, JK Simmons is brilliant