• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aug 1, 2018
So I got my package from Best Buy today and it came without the game in the box. That's weird, and apparently it's happening to multiple people. How the heck did this happen?

I'm guessing they manually added copies of the game in after assembling the packages and some packages made it out without getting the game added because the white tray inside my box looks like it had a small slit hand cut into it to in order to slip the game in behind the tray.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Anyone know if I can use toys with a digital copy?

As in, I bought it from BestBuy and they screwed the pooch, so can I still use the physical controller and ships with digital version even though it is all unlocked?

Dec 8, 2017
Was so excited to find this game at my doorstop when I just got home from work.... and there's NO GAME, just an arwing/toys and a poster. And no packing slip from Best Buy. Are you kidding me? So I'm supposed to just bring this to a best buy with no receipt and pretend I didn't steal the game? Jeeeezzzz.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Was so excited to find this game at my doorstop when I just got home from work.... and there's NO GAME, just an arwing/toys and a poster. And no packing slip from Best Buy. Are you kidding me? So I'm supposed to just bring this to a best buy with no receipt and pretend I didn't steal the game? Jeeeezzzz.

You can do that but most copies of the game don't have the card.

Deleted member 46477

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 6, 2018
I need to not spend money right now, but damn... this game looks good.

I've seen reviews saying this game has some Mass Effect vibes. Deny/confirm?

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Just print a copy of your digital confirmation reciept and they should do it.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Anyone know if I can use toys with a digital copy?

As in, I bought it from BestBuy and they screwed the pooch, so can I still use the physical controller and ships with digital version even though it is all unlocked?

why wouldn't you? it's the same game, if you put in a card or boot a rom on the system, if you have the controller thing and put stuff on it, it will trigger.

Question, can you use the pro controller?
yes

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
You can do wing swaps digitally.
Go to the Loadout screen in the pause menu & press A (on Switch) to "change loadout" it's the option at top middle of screen.
In this new screen you can change pilot, chassis, wings & weapons. Between the existing wing & weapon is the option to link a new wing.
You can have 0 to 3 wings on each side and they can be individually reversed.
Whew. Thank you. My bad. I didn't see that screen when I paused. Maybe I was just too early. Thank you.

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
Also, I went to Gamestop, picked up the last copy they had and ended up getting my copy w/ the game. I hope everyone gets their situation fixed though

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
So I basically just install the game and Im good to go, figures and everything is a bonus?
All the weapons and stuff was already unlocked when I booted it with the pro controller, so you possibly don't even need to touch it. I did it anyway because I was confused and trying to figure out how it works. Doing the ship setup digitally is faster and easier anyway. Working with the toys is annoying.

Kinoli

Nov 27, 2017
Somebody knows why in the spanish Sony (and Nintendo) digital shop the game is 20 bucks more expensive?
Spain vs USA
DpqOLmlXgAIBP75.jpg:large
DpqOPXkV4AAm12O.jpg:large

spyroflame0487

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Got mine today after I got home from work and no game. T-thanks....

I got right on the phone and they said they'd do a return and exchange at the store. Has anyone gone and done this yet?

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Got mine today after I got home from work and no game. T-thanks....

I got right on the phone and they said they'd do a return and exchange at the store. Has anyone gone and done this yet?

Someone on Reddit posted a story of pics where they had to go through multiple copies at the store to find one with a game copy inside.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Ended up getting it on the One X digitally, and enjoying it quite a bit so far, though I'm not too far in (just got to outer space for the first time). I definitely think the toys to life aspect is going to work against the game overall, because while the ship building is cool, I'd much rather just have weapons unlockable in game. It really doesn't make sense when everything else is RPG based, but the weapons and ships are not unlockable. I think going digital was probably the right call, as swapping parts in and out would require pausing the game anyways.

I played co-op with my SO and was happy to find that it actually stays super smooth on Xbox, but it seems like you have to stay pitifully close to your partner at all times when on-planet, which I found pretty annoying as she likes to just wander around, whereas I was trying to be more objective focused.

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering this too, but I feel like it's going to be awhile before we hear any impressions from Xbone. I've only seen Switch so far, then I'm sure PS4 is second most popular.

Edit: Guess I'm wrong^^^

Resolution on X?
HDR support?

I didn't dig into the settings too much, but I don't believe that it has HDR support at least by default, as my TV did not kick into HDR mode. Resolution is definitely higher than 1080p, but definitely not full 4k (but again I was playing co-op, so I'd believe there are performance implications). I'll see if I can find anything in the settings menu when I get home to let you know if there's any info in there.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Worth noting: people asking if you can use toys with digital. Yes and no. Yes it's possible. But you need either the starter kit (75 bucks or whatever...) or you need the controller mount which is 20 bucks and won't be sold until November 2nd or 6th or something.

As a side note: as much as I switxh weapons, I am relieved I did t go physical. You'd be fiddling with shit as much as you'd be video gaming.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
So where is the theft happening. At the warehouses? Has there been listings of people flipping the game on ebay or craigslist?

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Somebody knows why in the spanish Sony (and Nintendo) digital shop the game is 20 bucks more expensive?
Spain vs USA
DpqOLmlXgAIBP75.jpg:large
DpqOPXkV4AAm12O.jpg:large
It's the same in the price point discrepancy between US and the whole Euro zone.
Maybe retail toys incur some EU markups and then the digital is simply the retail price mirrored.

Oct 27, 2017
Game is pretty fun. Runs great on portable on the Switch, but the battery drains pretty fast.

It's pretty much an open world StarFox game.

Tunesmith

Fraud & Player Security
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
FYI Ubisoft Club / Uplay has 5 mod packs for Ubisoft currency, one is free looks like.
Is this the first Switch game that links to Ubisoft Club? I can't recall if Rabbids did.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just landed on Haven after completing the initial meeting with StarLink team, and am already loving what I see and feel about this game :)

I am even trying out the weapons that are not Fox's weapons

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Really liking this so far.

There's A LOT to discover and all this stuff I'm collecting is still confusing to me but I'm sure I'll figure it all out the more I play.

Combat is pretty damn satisfying especially if you get those combos working. The targeting is quite sticky by default, but i haven't changed it. I think I'm getting used to it.

Lancelot

Nov 4, 2017
Campinas, SP
I didn't dig into the settings too much, but I don't believe that it has HDR support at least by default, as my TV did not kick into HDR mode. Resolution is definitely higher than 1080p, but definitely not full 4k (but again I was playing co-op, so I'd believe there are performance implications). I'll see if I can find anything in the settings menu when I get home to let you know if there's any info in there.

The Xbox store page shows no HDR support, which is a shame. It would be great if it's 4K native too. Dark1x please...

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
PHEW...

My box came with a copy. And FYI, I also ordered from BestBuy.

Edit: To the people affected by getting no copy: Contact Ubisoft. They may be able to resolve your issue. But yes, this is a big stinker on their end.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
I need to not spend money right now, but damn... this game looks good.

I've seen reviews saying this game has some Mass Effect vibes. Deny/confirm?

Yes in setting, characters, etc. No in gameplay...there's no cover, no real squad mates, no dialogue choices or branching story (that I can tell)

Is it possible to turn off damage numbers and general UI elements?

There is a setting to turn off HUD in the options.

Quasicat

Self-requested ban
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
FYI Ubisoft Club / Uplay has 5 mod packs for Ubisoft currency, one is free looks like.
Is this the first Switch game that links to Ubisoft Club? I can't recall if Rabbids did.
I'm not sure about Rabbids, but both South Park titles could link to Ubisoft Club. Once the console is linked on one game, it is linked in every game after that automatically.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Was thinking of picking this up from best buy with the extra figure, and was trying to decide on which one to get. What the hell does "Danger Zone" do?

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Really sucks some are missing the game in their package. Hope that gets sorted out.

I'm really enjoying this so far. On the first planet. I can assume you aren't able to switch to the other ship in the Switch version until the ship is repaired right?

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017
Played a few hours and so far my favorite part has been going up against the ships in space with all the turrets and enemies flying around. That first Star Fox mission in particular was just epic with that special music playing.

Also I think I'll go ahead and grab that Hailstorm weapon pack, I like having a large variety of guns to choose from and it seems that the Meteor Mk. 2 in that pack is only remaining one with a unique function that I don't have (Hailstorm looks to be a worse ice version of Volcano and the gun that comes with the Nadir ship seems like Frost Barrage but with a vortex effect). I still have no interest in using other pilots or ships besides good old Fox and his Arwing so I've basically saved myself $15 by not getting the deluxe version, woot.

Last edited: