• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
We don't really know yet but it is supposed to be in the Arrowverse

but like a different Earth? Because isn't there already some kind of JSA/Stargirl in the Arrowverse?

You don't think they have the budget to pay for Jack? They have to pay Johns for Stargirl... oh, wait.

You wouldn't want to "waste" Jack on a CW or even a DC Universe (RIP) show, though, you'd want the full HBO/HBO Max treatment.

OP
OP
Spectromixer

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
but like a different Earth? Because isn't there already some kind of JSA/Stargirl in the Arrowverse?

You don't think they have the budget to pay for Jack? They have to pay Johns for Stargirl... oh, wait.

You wouldn't want to "waste" Jack on a CW or even a DC Universe (RIP) show, though, you'd want the full HBO/HBO Max treatment.

We will probably have a better idea after Crisis

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Well at least the costume design has improved from the Smallville days

Smallville-Britt_Irvin_as_Stargirl.jpg

Stargirl_%28Brec_Bassinger%29.jpg

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017

That Star Girl is now Merlin and is busy longing after King Arthur. Also with the way the Legends handle their job she might have been erased by now.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Would they recast someone over a nearly 4 year old tweet referencing a future presidential candidate years before she was even old enough to vote?

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Would they recast someone over a nearly 4 year old tweet referencing a future presidential candidate years before she was even old enough to vote?
No. Has any of her tweets since then referenced any sort of right wing bullshit? If not, then it's probably just a one off thing of a girl that probably didn't know anything about Trump other than he was on TV while she was growing up.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
That makes more sense considering some of her other tweets were about conservationism and the like.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Why is this not getting more hype? Visually and budget-wise it seems to be a couple of notches above the rest of the Arrowverse. Like a teenager version of the boys.l. I'd watch a Joel Mchale superhero show

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wildcat...
they could have done better with the cowl. so much better.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Doctor Midnite, Hourman, and Wildcat?
Yes.
wildcat...
they could have done better with the cowl. so much better.
They obviously spent that better mask budget on making S.T.R.I.P.E. instead.
u9NtJCZ.gif

So what was the big deal with the recast and tweet and all of that stuff?
A silly misunderstanding about a sarcastic Trump tweet from early 2016 that someone dug out to make her look bad.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Reviews for the first three episodes are out. Sounds like it's good stuff.

www.rottentomatoes.com

DC's Stargirl

Synopsis:Rotten Tomatoes, home of the Tomatometer, is the most trusted measurement of quality for Movies & TV. The definitive site for Reviews, Trailers, Showtimes, and Tickets

Corrie1960

Banned
Mar 19, 2019
Reviews for the first three episodes are out. Sounds like it's good stuff.

www.rottentomatoes.com

DC's Stargirl

Synopsis:Rotten Tomatoes, home of the Tomatometer, is the most trusted measurement of quality for Movies & TV. The definitive site for Reviews, Trailers, Showtimes, and Tickets

what a time to be DC fan with all these tv shows

Arrow (it's over now thanks for starting everything)
The Flash
Legends of Tomorrow
Supergirl
Batwoman
Black Lightening (I don't watch this show)
Batwoman
Stargirl
Superman & Lois
Green Arrow & the Canaries (if it gets picked up)
Green Lantern

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a little confused with this show. Which universe is it in? I thought this was originally a DCU show? Then should I expect DCU level budget and production? I think it looks good..But not sure lol

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I'm curious to see the world of this show considering it's supposed to be on Earth-2 and they haven't explained how this new multiverse works yet.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
I'm a little confused with this show. Which universe is it in? I thought this was originally a DCU show? Then should I expect DCU level budget and production? I think it looks good..But not sure lol
It's a DC Universe show. Much bigger budget than a CW show. They were filming the final episode when they found out that they would also air on The CW according to Brec Bassinger in a recent interview on FatMan Beyond.

Interview starts at around 13 minutes in.