• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I was going to post this in the other casting thread but I figured this would be bigger for some members

stargirl-1014x570.jpg

While Gotham gears up to unleash Selina Kyle's inner-Catwoman, another feline is making his way to DC Universe's upcoming Stargirl as part of the classic JSA.

As reported by TV Line, Hulk-spawn Lou Ferrigno Jr. has signed on to recur as Rex Tyler (also known as Starman, last played by Patrick J. Adams on Legends of Tomorrow) and Joel McHale will pop in as Sylvester Pemberton, aka Starman.

Now, TV Insider can exclusively confirm that Brian Stapf has landed the recurring role of Wildcat!

Based on the DC Comics character created by showrunner Geoff Johns and inspired by his late sister, the upcoming series centers on Courtney Whitmore (Brec Bassinger), a super-powered high-schooler integral to the Justice Society of America's battle against baddies from the past. Being new to the crime-fighting game, who better to train her in the ways of throwing down than a fella who knows his way around a left hook, right?

This has to be shooting pretty soon, huh?

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Weird how we got more news about Stargirl casting than Swamp Thing .... and Swamp Thing is the next live action stuff that is only going to start airing at the middle of next year

OP
OP
Boxy Brown

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
Weird how we got more news about Stargirl casting than Swamp Thing .... and Swamp Thing is the next live action stuff that is only going to start airing at the middle of next year
Tbf, we've got tons of casting news for Swamp Thing but we just didn't post it that much. They've pretty much rounded out most of the cast and are shooting the pilot.(Or have shot the pilot already going by BTS from the director)

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York

I imagine because more "named" characters in Stargirl

Since Swamp thing is already filming, we know most of the core cast.

Also thinking of making a general Stargirl casting thread since 3rd one in 2 days

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
My initial reaction was what casts who as what?!

But now that I'm looking into it, it might be pretty cool. DC seems to be having better success on the small screen as of late.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Tbf, we've got tons of casting news for Swamp Thing but we just didn't post it that much. They've pretty much rounded out most of the cast and are shooting the pilot.(Or have shot the pilot already going by BTS from the director)
I imagine because more "named" characters in Stargirl

Since Swamp thing is already filming, we know most of the core cast.

Also thinking of making a general Stargirl casting thread since 3rd one in 2 days

So zero chances of Constantine having a DC Universe version on season one of Swamp Thing ?
=/
C'mon, Titans loves a backdoor pilot potential

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Is this just a stealth JSA show?
The producers probably thought it would be better to introduce me to the idea slowly, in order to avoid a heart attack.

Chalphy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully he doesn't get wiped from existence like Arrow's version.