• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver

The cracked/stone texturing is a bit much for me, atleast in this photo. Like I get she's from this tough-ass war planet, so something that is too sleek or unweathered would look "weak", but eh...

I like the actual design, just wish they went a different way with the material.

Last edited:

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017

I like it. Looks like HBO are putting some money (and planning) behind the show.
I think the actress herself has been through a ton of crap over this role over the last 2 years so hopefully this is the end of it.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I think she looks pretty cool. I'm not a huge Starfire fan or anything, so I'm not sure how much my vote counts for, but I like her look.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I think the concept art shows it off a bit better and probably what it'll look more like when the FX are applied.

OP
OP
Khanimus

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver

I like it. Looks like HBO are putting some money (and planning) behind the show.
I think the actress herself has been through a ton of crap over this role over the last 2 years so hopefully this is the end of it.

It sucks the shit she's had to take, and the show itself did her so fucking dirty. Like... she herself is genuinely good in the role. But that S1 outfit and the fact S2 gave her fuck-all to do? Waste of good talent.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
đź‘€

What's the actress name?

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I forgot, was there a lore reason for her costume in the first season? I remember other characters commenting on it. Agreed that she got way less attention in the second season compared to the first where she shined.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Might just be the perspective but she has some weird long arms

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the new outfit. Got close to finishing last season, but couldn't get past the last few EPs. I hope season 3 turns out well, if the buzz is good I'll probably trudge through season 2.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
what happened to her hair color?
pretty sure it's still red at the end of season 2 no?

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Titans has it's lows and highs and while the lows aren't great ( too much drama) the highs are indeed great, like the portrayal of Bruce and the characters themselves are pretty good as well.

Enjoyed both seasons and will keep watching.

OP
OP
Khanimus

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Titans has it's lows and highs and while the lows aren't great ( too much drama) the highs are indeed great, like the portrayal of Bruce and the characters themselves are pretty good as well.

Enjoyed both seasons and will keep watching.
The problem isn't too much drama. Drama is good. It's that it's too much bad drama that doesn't have much of any momentum, or character arcs that seem to swing wildly or just feel meandering. Season 1 felt much more focused in comparison.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
The problem isn't too much drama. Drama is good. It's that it's too much bad drama that doesn't have much of any momentum, or character arcs that seem to swing wildly or just feel meandering. Season 1 felt much more focused in comparison.

Yeah, true. Season 2 felt like it was mainly about keeping t he family apart and the drama that came with it but I don't remember people growing from it.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of
e45cd9efe61b1e3bd81832f8183ab2e1e12cf1b1_hq.jpg

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Might just be the perspective but she has some weird long arms
I thought that too, I think its the wristguards or the way the shoulders kinda drop due to the way its designed. Not an expert by any means though!

I absolutely love this look though, she's great as Starfire and I can't wait to see her get a bit more focus in season 3 after she had so little to do in the second season

OP
OP
Khanimus

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
What a fucking weird show. Like this wasn't even their first go at Starfire's comic outfit.
74958271_799208377217193_2553636348909821911_n-1.jpg

titans-finale-2.jpg

When they cut the Season 1 finale, cannibalized it and reshot a bunch of stuff as a Season 2 premiere, they also cut Kori and the rest of the crew (including Dick as Nightwing) fighting H.I.V.E., all in costume.

I forgot, was there a lore reason for her costume in the first season? I remember other characters commenting on it. Agreed that she got way less attention in the second season compared to the first where she shined.
I can't totally remember, but it's like she took over the body of some mob boss' girlfriend or something? So when Blackfire arrived, she hijacked the body of some mother at a supermarket.

Last edited:

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
What a fucking weird show. Like this wasn't even their first go at Starfire's comic outfit.
74958271_799208377217193_2553636348909821911_n-1.jpg

titans-finale-2.jpg

When they cut the Season 1 finale, cannibalized it and reshot a bunch of stuff as a Season 2 premiere, they also cut Kori and the rest of the crew (including Dick as Nightwing) fighting H.I.V.E., all in costume.

I can't totally remember, but it's like she took over the body of some mob boss' girlfriend or something? So when Blackfire arrived, she hijacked the body of some mother at a supermarket.
Yeah I vaguely remember something like that.

Had no idea she had other outfits already filmed! That first one looks good, just needs the colours. The new one doesn't look comfortable, probably pretty hard to get in and out of.

OP
OP
Khanimus

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Yeah I vaguely remember something like that.

Had no idea she had other outfits already filmed! That first one looks good, just needs the colours. The new one doesn't look comfortable, probably pretty hard to get in and out of.
The first one was probably a straight-up warrior outfit she pulled off her ship. The second was for the end-of-episode flash-forward they intended to set up HIVE as the S2 baddie.

Chiaroscuro

Oct 25, 2017
I think the concept art shows it off a bit better and probably what it'll look more like when the FX are applied.

So she will finally fly? All Titans were nerfed in this show, but Starfire was been ridiculously nerfed. A small blast and she was off.

Costume is fine but too much overdetails for my taste.