• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
And according to this channel that I follow on YouTube for TES and Starfield news that means the game is finished. If that's the case that would be crazy, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Instead of typing the whole thing I'll just post a screen shot of it. Is the guy, right about that rating meaning it's finished?

screenshot_20200526-1j8jaj.jpg

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
Instead of typing the whole thing I'll just post a screen shot of it. Is the guy, right about that rating meaning it's finished?

Yes, but unless the rating shows up on the USK website, it means nothing. Probably just a temporary rating because they already expect the game to get that rating.

Do trailers get USK ratings?

If they're shown at gamescom, yes. No idea how it works with the event being digital-only this year, though.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Getting a rating doesn't mean it's finished. That Youtuber is talking out of their ass

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that'd be sooner than expected. I figure they'd just have Skyrim 3.0 now with RT for next gen

mrndkra

Oct 25, 2017
Starfield isn't finished. YouTubers are not a good source for video game information (or information in general).

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't mean it's finished. The game also has a PEGI rating, but it's provisional.

Q6yQi1D.png

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
As mentioned, USK rating happens for different reasons, can be a Trailer, can be a pre-release build that is shown at conventations to the public, like Gamescom, etc. I would guess it's Trailer material for (an) upcoming presentation(s).

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And a big suprise is spoiled.

People should remember how fast fallout 4 was released.

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
As mentioned, USK rating happens for different reasons, can be a Trailer, can be a pre-release build that is shown at conventations to the public, like Gamescom, etc. I would guess it's Trailer material for (an) upcoming presentation(s).

Though you only need an age rating for a public event. A press presentation/ event does not need an age rating, ´for example.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
USK 18 is the highest rating, which I doubt this game would get so this might simply be a placeholder (provisional).

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
USK finishes games unlike other rating boards.

While this doesn't mean that (probs trailer) please stop spreading misinformation.

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
The page loads the 18 rating first and then switches to rating pending. The "glitch" in this case is just letting the site not load all the way.

OP
OP
Detective Pidgey

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Thank you all for the clarification. Good thing I didn't let myself get hyped up because of this, just needed to be sure.

A trailer this year would be neat, would also however go against what BGS has been doing when it comes to revealing and releasing the same game in the same year. Then again, technically they already revealed it at E3 2018.

Mik2121

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
They announced Fallout 4 about three months before release or so. I would definitely be happy to see them announce Starfield now and release it sometime later this year :)

Edit -- But if it's actually rate pending, then yeah, this might take a while :P

May 19, 2020
Is there a reason that Bethesda games in particular have this see everything in absolutely nothing type mentality? Or is this a big put-on for social clout and easy clicks?

Com_Raven

Brand Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Europa
They announced Fallout 4 about three months before release or so. I would definitely be happy to see them announce Starfield now and release it sometime later this year :)

Edit -- But if it's actually rate pending, then yeah, this might take a while :P

5 months, from E3 to November. So not too crazy, actually.

Is there a reason that Bethesda games in particular have this see everything in absolutely nothing type mentality? Or is this a big put-on for social clout and easy clicks?

If you think this is bad, promise me to never delve into the wonderful world of Metal Gear YouTube :p

OP
OP
Detective Pidgey

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
And a big suprise is spoiled.

People should remember how fast fallout 4 was released.

Nah nothing spoiled after all. Maybe a trailer this year but even that I doubt.

Pete Hines recently clearly implied that the wait will be long. However, Pete also likes to put people on the wrong track. It was a month before Fallout 4 was officially announced that he told a fan a new Fallout wasn't gonna come anytime soon. It's very likely they want to come out of left field again.

RyuCookingSomeRice

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2020
Nah nothing spoiled after all. Maybe a trailer this year but even that I doubt.

Pete Hines recently clearly implied that the wait will be long. However, Pete also likes to put people on the wrong track. It was a month before Fallout 4 was officially announced that he told a fan a new Fallout wasn't gonna come anytime soon. It's very likely they want to come out of left field again.

You mean Pete lies constantly? Yes thats correct

Phantom_Snake

The Fallen
Jul 26, 2018
Montana
Yeah I'm expecting Starfield to follow the same rollout that Fallout 4/76 used. 5 month marketing campaign from June to November. Hopeful that it's this year but I'm expecting Starfield to be a 2021 game.

EagleClaw

Dec 31, 2018

To be fair in this case.

I think that guy informs himself about the game starfield on the official game page, and a rating symbol was shown that was not there before.
Also it happens that he makes his own "game news show" on youtube.
Well, he didn't use some investigative journalism skills, but even some of the biggest news corperations don't do that to bring a fast story to the internet.