• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kvothe Ctaeh

Sep 29, 2020
I want to see an asteroid station like Eros, or a large, fancy station like Tycho. Maybe even a big colony ship like the Nauvoo. The planet stuff is whatever, I want them to really flesh out space.

That's a great point actually. Just imagine flying through space to find a derelict space station just sitting there where you can land and slowly uncover what actually happened there.

Oct 12, 2020
The scale of it is amazing and seeing people reduce it down to NMS has been pretty annoying. No offense to NMS, it's a great game but Starfield is just doing so much more.

Anyone with a modicum of common sense can see they are VERY different games…but it suited certain folks with an agenda to engage in that nonsense.

This thread looks like it will be devoid of all that. In fact, I think this should become the de facto Starfield OT.

maabus1999

Oct 26, 2017
I'd say the gun feedback could use some work but beyond that looks stellar so far with what is shown and still have a long ways to release.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I do hope we see more impressive space stations though. The ones we've seen have been decidedly too close to current reality. Especially compared to even the space ships and many of the buildings. I want to see an asteroid station like Eros, or a large, fancy station like Tycho. Maybe even a big colony ship like the Nauvoo. The planet stuff is whatever, I want them to really flesh out space.
Only read if you want a little spoiler

Supposedly there is a pirate city on an asteroid, came from a leak that has basically been proven accurate

Richi

May 15, 2021
Man, I really want to dock an enemy ship, clear it, and sell it for coin (hopefully).

Already salivating the ability to outfit my ship for combat.

Alcander

Oct 29, 2017
Did someone GIF the scene of space man walking by a broken down mars (?) rover? That was cool.

ScoutDave

Oct 25, 2017
I usually play 'good' characters in rpgs. But i have a feeling a may struggle with that when i start seeing ships flying about i like lol.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
So you can build outpost on land and spaceships... Can we build space stations?

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
So you can build outpost on land and spaceships... Can we build space stations?
I could see that as a part of one of the DLCs if it's not in the main game. They could use a similar interface to the ship construction for it. Basically a marriage of the outpost and ship building systems.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
I could see that as a part of one of the DLCs if it's not in the main game. They could use a similar interface to the ship construction for it. Basically a marriage of the outpost and ship building systems.

I wouldn't be surprised if that becomes an option eventually. I mean even one of Skyrim's add-ons, Hearthfire was focused on building your own home so for Starfield having buildable space station might be a larger scope of the same concept.

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
I wonder if they consulted with Arkane at all on the zero-G gameplay? Prey had a full gravity system with 3D propulsion and acceleration outside of the space station.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Everything looks so good . My only "concern " with the game is if we are not gonna have anything like VATS. But even that's not the biggest deal

Last edited:

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Everything looks so good . My only "concern " with the game is if we are gonna have anything like VATS. But even that's not the biggest deal
It'd be cool if you could buy an implant that enabled a VATS-equivalent feature. Maybe one of the character creator backgrounds can start with it included

VATS would also be great for space combat, let me target different parts of the ship with homing missiles to disable weaponry

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for modders to come up with Star Wars, Star Trek, The Expanse, Dune, Warhammer 40k etc. mods

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
The comparison here ignore most aspects of what makes SF different. It's alright to criticize and critique, but some of the takes here seem weird and unfortunate.

5m79ffv.jpg

ACG just dropped a really informative video deconstructing the 1K planets, procedural gen, and NMS comparisons. He pulls a lot of info in from game devs and game theorists on the topic. Also talks game pacing, BGS brand of open-world design and how that features in the mix.

It's a great watch.

Spoiler: It's gonna be just fine.

Capt Sensib1e

Banned
Jun 4, 2022
I can't wait for modders to come up with Star Wars, Star Trek, The Expanse, Dune, Warhammer 40k etc. mods
I'm not sure what people are imagining when they say Beth makes bad gunplay, I haven't played anything that blows it away. However their gun design was the weakest thing in base FO4, like generic looking guns that fill up half your screen.

Something easily "fixed" by modders and I'm sure the same thing will happen in Starfield with proper Star Wars, Warhammer, Alien, and Starship Trooper smart guns, blasters, pulse rifles...

More DAKKA!

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
Build Your Own Space Station feels like prime modding content if Bethesda doesn't add it officially
Basically.

Modders can use the same parts as the outposts for a starter, but I'm guessing there will be much more custom parts too from the community. I wouldn't worry about it too much. If Bethesda is providing official assets from DLC, that would be much better.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
BENNdyd.jpg

Whenever I see this concept art it makes me wonder if we will get some kind of rover like the Mako. I mean, it's concept art and concepts get changed or cut all the time.

Or maybe this is just set dressing on one of the hand crafted worlds. 🤷

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
nvx3azh3lz591.jpg

Looks no better than Skyrim on max settings /s

To be fair, there are better done characters in Fallout 76. That one is horrible even for 76.

(not saying it looks no better than Skyrim cause it definitely does, not even sure how people say that. But you managed to pick the one char in 76 that even I notice how bad she looks and I tend to cringe when I have to interact with her).

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
c65a55e7fc7bd382d4644406993aff21.png

Systems with multiple stars? 🤔

I know alpha centauri has 3 stars in real life, and they even toyed with the idea of having them ingame as you can see on this concept art

800px-SF-concept-New_Atlantis_04.jpg

So even if they dropped the concept for that system, maybe we'll still get it on others