• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait to customize everything. Looks like the Droid companion has a lot of customization options as well.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Anybody hoping we can create a buggy as a ground vehicle for planetary exploration? I don't think that'd make it in but I'd love to see it.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
So, do we know how big the planets will be? Will the entire planet be explorable? And, since the planets will mostly be procedural.... Does that mean each player will have a different landscape when they land on a planet? Like, if someone makes a cool discovery can they say WHERE they found it if it's procedural or is it different for every player?

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Anybody hoping we can create a buggy as a ground vehicle for planetary exploration? I don't think that'd make it in but I'd love to see it.

Do you mean ground vehicles in general, or customisation? I think both will be in.

There was concept art with buggy's, and tyre tracks on the lowered cargo door/ramp of the ship. I think with how free they are being with the ship customisation options, it would be weird to not let you do the same with ground vehicles.

May 22, 2022
I think it looks fantastic! Bethesda's single-player games have never missed for me and they're almost a genre unto themselves, I'm really looking forward to it.

May 23, 2020
So, do we know how big the planets will be? Will the entire planet be explorable? And, since the planets will mostly be procedural.... Does that mean each player will have a different landscape when they land on a planet? Like, if someone makes a cool discovery can they say WHERE they found it if it's procedural or is it different for every player?

Not sure about the size but I am sure Bethesda will use negative space well. Most likely whole planet will be explorable. Landscapes will be same for everyone. They used procedural in building the planets but it wont happen in real time for players. Cool discoveries will be same.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
GBD3waW.jpg

REKrEA3.jpg

9f28XyX.jpg

Ph15WIs.jpg
Is that first one Akila? The scale looks good, really excited to see how big these cities get.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
Not sure about the size but I am sure Bethesda will use negative space well. Most likely whole planet will be explorable. Landscapes will be same for everyone. They used procedural in building the planets but it wont happen in real time for players. Cool discoveries will be same.

Man I don't even get how that's technically possible lol. Amazing

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
I don't think it's been confirmed but given you can't fly down to the planet, I expect each one will just have an explorable area, not the whole planet. Kind of like a ton of smaller open worlds. Also, I expect the procedural stuff to be the same for everyone - it probably uses some function for randomization with the same seed so everyone has the same experience. I think making it completely random playthrough by playthrough might take away a bit from it

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
This has a very high chance to be my GotY. It looks absolutely bonkers.

Also, really hope Bethesda does deals with other companies/studios and there's special event ship parts (Normandy, Falcon, etc.).

I wouldn't be surprised if we see Halo ships eventually.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021

Also, really hope Bethesda does deals with other companies/studios and there's special event ship parts (Normandy, Falcon, etc.).

If Bethesda doesn't put them in, they'll get modded in for sure

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Forget Laser Guns and Plasma Rifles. I want my Beam Saber in the game in some way. Also can't forget the advanced psionics tech that will project my voice by 1000 times over. I want to be Space Dovahkiin!

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Do you mean ground vehicles in general, or customisation? I think both will be in.

There was concept art with buggy's, and tyre tracks on the lowered cargo door/ramp of the ship. I think with how free they are being with the ship customisation options, it would be weird to not let you do the same with ground vehicles.
Both tbh.
There is so much more to this game. We've basically only seen a sliver. It's been a long time since I've been this excited for a game.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
This game is so vast and gorgeous. It's going to eat up SO much of my time.
Man I don't even get how that's technically possible lol. Amazing
Procedural doesn't necessarily mean randomly generated in real time. Most AAA (and many smaller) games use procedural tools to build out the game world. Games are huge, not every rock and pile of trash needs to be placed by hand. Procedural software will take into account context when generating environments and often can start with an outline that made by a designer.

This is a great video about how Ubisoft used procedural software to build Far Cry 5. The software has only gotten better since then.

Oct 12, 2020

The possibilities are endless really. I'm a very patient person but I'm going to start getting antsy when the calendar flips over to 2023.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
Both tbh.
There is so much more to this game. We've basically only seen a sliver. It's been a long time since I've been this excited for a game.

Yeah, we've seen nothing, but they've still got me hooked with that presentation. I was already hyped for a new Bethesda RPG anyway. I can't wait to go explore, Ima go look for the alien planet where the Mothership Zeta came from and get some revenge lol.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
The possibilities are endless really. I'm a very patient person but I'm going to start getting antsy when the calendar flips over to 2023.

I'd like to think I'm patient, but I can't wait as-is lol

Right now though, the content is clearly there. In that short reveal, I felt we learned so much but I also felt they were holding back. If Bethesda focuses on polish until release and gets a stable frame rate… I can't even

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Oblivion upscaled...

On a serious note, i absolutely love the look of this game, easily among the most impressive games this gen so far to me.

Oct 12, 2020
I'd like to think I'm patient, but I can't wait as-is lol

Right now though, the content is clearly there. In that short reveal, I felt we learned so much but I also felt they were holding back. If Bethesda focuses on polish until release and gets a stable frame rate… I can't even

Have you seen that version of the Starfield showcase footage that, with some cool technique (which I don't understand), made the trailer run at 60fps? I mean, it makes the already good looking footage look SPECTACULAR to my eyes. Slams home the point that they need to really double down on their efforts to get Starfield running well, preferably with an option for 60fps.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
Have you seen that version of the Starfield showcase footage that, with some cool technique (which I don't understand), made the trailer run at 60fps? I mean, it makes the already good looking footage look SPECTACULAR to my eyes. Slams home the point that they need to really double down on their efforts to get Starfield running well, preferably with an option for 60fps.

I have! That's why I specifically mentioned FPS actually lol

I don't get it (that technique) either, but if Bethesda can get it to 60 FPS (stable), the combat (arguably the weakest part of what was shown) started to look absolutely fluid and amazing.

Oct 12, 2020
I have! That's why I specifically mentioned FPS actually lol

I don't get it (that technique) either, but if Bethesda can get it to 60 FPS (stable), the combat (arguably the weakest part of what was shown) started to look absolutely fluid and amazing.

It's interesting how the combat was immediately elevated in quality when it was running at 60fps. Zero doubts they will have an 60fps option, but at what resolution? 🤔 Hope they exhaust every feature of RDNA2 in an effort to make it run great AND look pretty. 😊

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017

No idea the actual scale. Everything is supposed to be explorable but we don't know if that is true of water. And it's procedurally generated but everything will still be in the same place for everyone yes.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Mod potential for this is simply going to be insane.

Just as Elder Scrolls formed a foundation for hundreds of fantasy mods and assets (Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Warcraft, Wheel of Time, Witcher) Starfield is going to be that to Sci-fi.

Halo ships, enemies, weapons and planets; Star Wars settings, ships and sabers; The Expanse; Dune!; Hyperion planet with the Shrike; Tron; Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy; Star Trek; Mass Effect; Treasure Planet; Ender's Game; etc.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Mod potential for this is simply going to be insane.

Just as Elder Scrolls formed a foundation for hundreds of fantasy mods and assets (Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, Warcraft, Wheel of Time, Witcher) Starfield is going to be that to Sci-fi.

Halo ships, enemies, weapons and planets; Star Wars settings, ships and sabers; The Expanse; Dune!; Hyperion planet with the Shrike; Tron; Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy; Star Trek; Mass Effect; Treasure Planet; Ender's Game; etc.
Yep patiently waiting for the Arrakis mod.

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
BTW thanks OP for this thread, set it to watch. Cannot wait for it to fill up with shots as we get closer to release