• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
That's amazing. And it totally deserves it, it's a great game with incredible post-launch support. The last patch had tons of new stuff.

BebopCola

Jul 17, 2019
So well deserved. I know I'm not alone in stating this game really helped me process and get through some personal issues. Just a perfect way to zone out and let my mind unspool, all while actually enjoying myself.

FanceeLadd

Jan 17, 2020
I sunk about 100 hours into the game on PC and have been considering purchasing it again for Switch. (Just gotta work through some of my enormous backlog first.) The game's level of polish and its runaway success really are remarkable accomplishments.

Fifstar

Oct 27, 2017
This game is basically always on the numbver 1 spot in the german e-shop charts, often beating recent big retail releases. Wonder about the regional and platform split.

Jeff6851

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Followed this game for a while before release and was super excited when it finally released but never bought it till the summer sale that year. Now my most played Steam game with 155 hours.

Also, download Stardew Valley Expanded. It adds so much to the game.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
What a great success story. Can't wait to see what's next. I think he once said on twitter that his next game wouldn't be Stardew Valley 2, but that he would do the same kind of thing with another genre. (What he did to Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons with Stardew Valley, he'll do it to another game in a different genre with his next game)

MickZan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh damn this was made by one person indeed. That nets him like 100 million right? jeez.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
That's great to hear. I wonder if ConcernedApe is going to pull a Toby Fox and try and assemble a team for his next project.

Oct 25, 2017
That's so great to hear, it's one of the all time great zen games for being on an airplane. I'd love to see how it did on just mobile, I know lots of fans have double dipped

Vorpal

Nov 4, 2017
I was kind of taken aback by the game when it was first released, as I thought it was just too much of a blatant rip-off of Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons. But eventually I accepted that if the original developers have abandoned the original concept of the game, why shouldn't someone else take up the reigns?

And over time and with updates the game really came into its own and has in my opinion, exceeded the original in just about every way (aside from the character portraits that are mostly hideous). Proud to say I've picked the game on two systems now, and at least once a month debate buying the mobile version.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
I bought it on the Switch a few years ago in the hopes that my gf would enjoy it.

I ended up putting 150 hours into it, myself.

Then buying it on my ps4 and putting another 2-300 hours into it.

My gf did end up enjoying it too, though - not just on the switch but also got it on iOS, too.

It's easily one of the games I've put the most hours into this gen, and is definitely the only Switch game I've put more than 20 or so hours into. And I have botw.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Got back into this game on the Switch this month. Playing it just about nonstop until Animal Crossing comes out. Racking up the hours. Fantastic game.

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely contributed to this by buying the game five separate times. Twice on Steam (once as a gift), PS4, Switch and mobile. Well deserved success.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Me too, though I'm wondering if it'll ever happen since it looks like he still contributes tons and tons of content to the first game.
Iirc he is working on a new game but keeps getting distracted and coming back to stardew to implement new ideas. He is planning on it though. I think he employed people to help take care of these stardew improvements so he can try to focus on the new project. Or at least it was the plan at one time.

Maeros

Dec 21, 2017
Great news. I only wished 10 million people would have bought the game at a higher price. 10 to 15 euro for this game is too little for the content you get. I wonder how much this game would have sold at 35 euro or 60.

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
One of the cooler success stories in gaming that I can remember. And it's such an incredible game that I hope it sells 10 million more.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've been meaning to pick up the PC version. Put a good bit of time in Xbox and one of my favorite streamers likes to go back and start a new save once a year. It's always nice and relaxing to have that playing in the background.

chanman

Nov 9, 2017
I hope they find some way to add Split screen co-op to the game, it would make it a must buy for me.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Development of the game was a ride. Barone deserves all the credit, but his girlfriend too, she supported him for years. If I'm not mistaken, she also told him to stop and ship it, otherwise he would be working on it forever.
Dude was living with his girlfriend's parents if Im not mistaken. Im happy for them.

BTW PC PLAYERS:

There's an AMAZING expansion mod called "Stardew Valley Expanded". it adds new characters and areas and it's basically SV 1.5

One of the reasons I stopped playing SV is because I wanted more expansion content and the game wasnt going the route exactly

Furyous

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
I downloaded it on wine. I downloaded it on PS Vita in part to play the game mobil. I downloaded on Mac. I just bought it on PS4. Have I mentioned I own the Android version? What's wrong with me?