• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

img_20191217_235923takge.jpg

Starbucks clarified Tuesday that Twitter user "MuellerDad69," who tweeted that he managed a location and fired subordinates for saying "Merry Christmas," was not in fact affiliated with them shortly after Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) appeared to fall for the hoax.

The initial tweet read: "I'm the manager of a Starbucks in Charlotte NC. I have informed my employees that they will be fired on the spot if I hear them say 'Merry Christmas' to any customers. I'm doing it because I personally dislike conservative Christians."

The user, who has been suspended, listed his location as New York, not North Carolina, and was affiliated with "Weird Twitter," a section of the social networking platform known for trolling and absurdist jokes.

"Chris (@muellerdad69) is not an employee of Starbucks and his account has been suspended due to impersonation," the coffee chain's customer-service account tweeted Tuesday. "Our baristas are offered the autonomy to choose how to greet each person, which can be anything from 'the usual?' to 'Merry Christmas.' No script is provided."

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
HELLO I AM GOING TO ROB YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE WHITE HAHAHA, ALSO TELL SOROS THE CHECK CLEARED

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
King didn't fall for the hoax, he and his ilk know this shit isn't real, but some of his dumbass audience will fall for it, and they really are doing more harm than good by acknowledging this sort of thing.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know. What would Starbucks know about this? I'm going to wait until MuellarDad69 has a chance to respond and all the facts are clear.

Eeyore

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 13, 2019
Oh it's Steve King, you know that white supremacist who's a congressperson. And we're worried about some fake war on christmas. smh

Last edited:

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
they know it's fakenews, but the Daily Show did it for years, so now it's their turn. (Republican logic)

Jeff Albertson

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry Christmas gets banned every year in England, along with Easter eggs and English / British flags, at least according to Facebook

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
MuellerDad69, lmao, people falling for this shit, then again why am i ever surprised anymore, there has been other blatant troll hoaxes people have fallen for & donated thousands of dollars to the "victims" i always wonder what happens to that money.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MuellerDad69, lmao, people falling for this shit, then again why am i ever surprised anymore, there has been other blatant troll hoaxes people have fallen for & donated thousands of dollars to the "victims" i always wonder what happens to that money.

because they see it spread by their friends and trusted (by them) media

with a heaping dose of confirmation bias because they already believe christians are persecuted in this country (lol)

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
Impersonating a brand is a high crime in the court of Twitter. Gotta be able to trust the brands.

Pepito

Dec 11, 2017
It's weird that Starbucks' customer service account is the one saying he's been suspending from Twitter, lol.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
What's up with Starbucks always attracting these loonies?

You never hear stories like this from McD's or Dunkin.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017

Clearly this is all part of the shadow war against Christmas, red Christmas cups and conservatives.
Don't be fooled