• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vote for your favourite episode/s!

• The Duel (Kamikaze Douga)

Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Tatooine Rhapsody (Studio Colorido)

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • The Twins / The Elder (Studio Trigger)

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • The Village Bride (Kinema Citrus)

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • The Ninth Jedi (Production I.G)

Votes: 49 45.8%
  • T0-B1 / Akakiri (Science SARU)

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Lop and Ochō (Geno Studio)

Votes: 15 14.0%

• Total voters

Xion385

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Top Tier
The Duel
The Village Bride
The Ninth Jedi
The Twins

Mid
Lop and Ocho
The Elder
T0-B1
Akakiri

Tattooine Rhapsody
Tattooine Rhapsody

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i really dont understand what is so different from Rey to the new female protagonists to say they are "so much better"

Rey was perfectly fine, until you mofos complained about "but how is she so powerfuuuuuulllllll"

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing

The Duel
The Village Bride
The Ninth Jedi
Lop and Ocho

Good

The Elder
The Twins

Ok

Akakiri
Tattooine Rhapsody

YIKES
T0-B1

rude

Oct 25, 2017
A-Tier
The Elder
The Ninth Jedi
The Duel
The Village Bride

B-Tier
Lop & Ocho
Akakiri

C-Tier
TO-B1
Tatooine Rhapsody

Shit Tier
The Twins (so fucking terrible)

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Not a star war fan, only saw some of the movie and cartoon and TV show, looking online, seem like a lot of people are very...serious? About what is and what is not...realistic...

Guess that's how I feel when watching and reading other people do wuxia thing.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a star war fan, only saw some of the movie and cartoon and TV show, looking online, seem like a lot of people are very...serious? About what is and what is not...realistic...

Guess that's how I feel when watching and reading other people do wuxia thing.

Star Wars is science fantasy, but it doesn't generally contain the kind of extreme over the top antics that The Twins has. I don't really get the criticism though since this is explicitly non-canon.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
Finished them all and I think The Village Bride, The Ninth Jedi, and The Elder are my favorites with Lop & Ocho coming in right behind them. Most of the others were solid, though I'd say Tatooine Rhapsody and Akakiri were the weak ones for me.

All in all, this was a super fun take on Star Wars with some really great showings. I love that we got to give a bunch of different creators and studios a chance to play in this sandbox. It'd be really cool if it lead to more.

Oct 25, 2017
watching The VIlliage Bride

Emi Evans, The singer for Nier Automata and Replicant starts singing...

It's Chaos Language

EZSBMhHWsAAf2YY

Last edited:

Spine Crawler

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A full-length live action movie in black and white based on the first episode would be awesome.
i want more of that samurai. is he sith? is he a dark jedi? a swordsman with force powers that is just killing sith?

I'm glad everyone is recognizing how over the top fun Twins is
😂

Please more of that!

I'm about to watch the Ninth Jedi episode, hopefully it's as fun!
yes. this is what I want

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Duel was freaking great

Tatooine Rhapsody was... ok I guess

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
Having some issues with the terrible closed caption substitute on episode 8. So I tried changing to English dub but it keeps giving audio descriptions as well. I can't seem to have English dub without it. I am on Roku, any help would be great.

Oct 25, 2017
Gods, Ninth Jedi was *perfect*. 2-Cour series please, Studio IG!

Homen is furry Husbando bait, a Purple Saber user, and actually *survives*, I wanna see more of him omg

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018

It's Chaos Language

EZSBMhHWsAAf2YY

IT'S ALL CONNECTED!

Seriously loved this series. All felt like pilot episodes to an extent. Also it's interesting how everyone's favourites are all quite different. Twins is the most polarising, with it both being either generally being people's worst or best episode. Ninth Jedi and Duel seem to be the most consistently liked.

People seem to hate T0-B1 but I liked the potential of a Jedi creating a force sensitive droid that brings life to other worlds. I also want to know more about Lop, though I feel we missed important background stuff where he trained his daughters in the way of the Jedi, possibly with Lop showing force potential during those 7 years.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all, I didn't expect the Twins episode to be so bad lol

The Village Bride and the Ninth Jedi however was dope, I get why people want to see more of the Jedi from that. The latter in particular is easily the overall strongest episode so far.

It's Chaos Language

EZSBMhHWsAAf2YY

I got so fucking giddy once I realized who it was lol

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
i really dont understand what is so different from Rey to the new female protagonists to say they are "so much better"

Rey was perfectly fine, until you mofos complained about "but how is she so powerfuuuuuulllllll"

Sadly a lot of people put their frustration with the story of the sequel trilogy onto Rey. Same thing with Doctor Who, as I personally think Jodie is amazing as the Doctor, but the scripts have been really bad.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
If the reception to The 9th Jedi results it in a Bad Batch situation, i.e. it gets greenlit as a series i don't ever want to hear y'all talk about the importance of lightsaber training again.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not much of an Anime guy, but this series was pretty great. Some episodes were not my cup of tea and seemed to clearly target a younger audience (The one with the kid robot Jedi and the one with the rock band, for example). That's fine. Star Wars need diversity.

I quite enjoyed this series, but also it does seem like every single episode was either a pilot or a test bed. There were a few episodes where I was thinking to myself, "this should have been spread out over a whole season".

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
I liked The Twins but was a little underwhelmed with it. I wanted some OTT Trigger action, but it actually felt a bit underwhelming (especially compared to The Duel)? The VA was also just bad. Maybe it's better subbed.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
fuuuuuuuuck I need a Kamiyama-helmed Ninth Jedi series like yesterday *dabs forehead*

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I liked The Twins but was a little underwhelmed with it. I wanted some OTT Trigger action, but it actually felt a bit underwhelming (especially compared to The Duel)? The VA was also just bad. Maybe it's better subbed.

It just felt like, man, the premise is two twins that serve the dark side, and that's the best y'all could do with it? Smh

nonoriri

Apr 30, 2020
It just felt like, man, the premise is two twins that serve the dark side, and that's the best y'all could do with it? Smh
I really enjoyed it but I think they spent too long explaining the set up and who the twins are and the deal with their armor when they should have just jumped right into the conflict and instead used more time to explain the dynamic between Am and Karre as siblings instead of what they do in the universe.

Ogre

Mar 26, 2018
Aight. Seen 'em once through. Some impressions:

1. The Duel: chanbara + Star Wars = pretty great. I'm not the biggest fan of CG anime, but there was enough flair to make up for the money saving frame dips.

2. Tatooine Rhapsody: I really wanted to like this more than I did. I dug the style, and the songs were catchy enough, but it just felt like 100% cotton candy: dissolving into sweetness before I could get anything to chew on.

3. The Twins: it's 2003. Xzibit: Yo, we heard you want Trigger in your Star Wars - so we had Trigger throw in all the Trigger they could so you get Triggered watching Trigger do Trigger all over Star Wars.

I like the idea of this more than I like the execution.

4. The Village Bride: this was great. Doesn't spoon feed, suggests some greater mysteries, excellent music, and short, punctuated action. The MC was dope af, and I neeeeed one more episode at least to see them heels fuck shit up.

5. The Ninth Jedi: Actually felt like a pilot. Efficiently paced despite executing simultaneous plots in about 20 minutes. Good characterization, a clever twist, solid animation throughout. I would watch this show.

6. Astro Boy T0B1: beautiful episode. Somewhat jarring editing brought it down a notch, but it was otherwise nice enough.

7. The Elder: yeah, the dialogue was perfunctory, but this worked for me. It felt like a Star Wars procedural. Creepy ass antagonist. The contrast between the well-worn Jedi/Padawan relationship and the ambiguous, sort of cosmic chaos that the elder represents helped this along.

8. Lop and Ocho: fuuuuuuck this was gorgeous. Make it a series and I'll take it straight to my veins. How much money did they drop on this? The dynamic between Furry Bait MC and A-line means Antagonist co-MC was fun, even if you could see the plot beats a mile away.

9. Akakiri: a bit unpredictable up until the end. Actually does something that has never been successfully done in the main canon:
make the dark side seem like a reasonable choice. Sure, I'd like to resurrect the love of my life and bring peace to the planet.

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked Tattoine Rhapsody and I desperately want it to be canonised. The idea of a Jedi surviving Order 66, only to form a space band is brilliantly funny.
Yeah. The idea that they all went into hiding or just died from the canon was always super boring to me. I love the idea that some just ended up doing other things in life. Plus I loved the music in this episode and it reminded me of Beck

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't finished this anthology but I have to say I feel inspired by, hyped and frustrated with T0-B1.

I'm frustrated by the execution lacking at certain points of the story. I can't put my finger on it but the voice acting, direction and/or script felt clumsy. I was invested in what they were doing up until T0-B1 enters the basement.

Somehow it didn't flow like I felt it should.

That said I was hyped by the style of the episode, the two lead characters were great and I really just like the idea of a droid aspiring to be a jedi.

I felt inspired by the underlying premise. There is nothing wrong with the direction this episode took as a stand alone thing but when I think about how the ideas presented could be expended into a full blown series or movies I would do a bunch of things differently. The most important element I would want to introduce is the problematic history of Star Wars living sentient beings and how they interact with droids. I would want to craft a story that depicts both the forces the Jedi and Sith usually represent are both fairly bad when it comes to droids and how T0-B1 has to deal with the challenges of being a droid while aspiring to be a Jedi who brings balance for all life.

If only I could screen pitch this concept.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I really liked Tattoine Rhapsody and I desperately want it to be canonised. The idea of a Jedi surviving Order 66, only to form a space band is brilliantly funny.

Considering the lead singer being a Jedi isn't really important to the plot, I don't think there's anything in it at all that wouldn't fit snugly into canon anyways. The Village Bride feels similar, the timeline is a little iffy but it's so low-key that it being canon is pretty easy.

The Twins is obviously not canon, The Duel has a lot of implications were it to become canon so I'm iffy there. I'm not through with the season yet but I'm surprised how not totally out there a lot of it is.

Also, where's the merch? Disney put out shirts, it looks like, and I know there's a novel coming. I want action figures of everyone from The Duel and an art book!

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
Considering the lead singer being a Jedi isn't really important to the plot, I don't think there's anything in it at all that wouldn't fit snugly into canon anyways. The Village Bride feels similar, the timeline is a little iffy but it's so low-key that it being canon is pretty easy.

The Twins is obviously not canon, The Duel has a lot of implications were it to become canon so I'm iffy there. I'm not through with the season yet but I'm surprised how not totally out there a lot of it is.

Also, where's the merch? Disney put out shirts, it looks like, and I know there's a novel coming. I want action figures of everyone from The Duel and an art book!
The Twins feels the most like a Marvel style "What If...?"

"What If...Instead of Snoke, Palpatine created evil clones of Luke and Leia to lead the First Order?"