• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Vote for your favourite episode/s!

• The Duel (Kamikaze Douga)

Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Tatooine Rhapsody (Studio Colorido)

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • The Twins / The Elder (Studio Trigger)

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • The Village Bride (Kinema Citrus)

Votes: 11 10.3%
  • The Ninth Jedi (Production I.G)

Votes: 49 45.8%
  • T0-B1 / Akakiri (Science SARU)

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Lop and Ochō (Geno Studio)

Votes: 15 14.0%

• Total voters

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
poster_largecfjaw.jpg

the_duelerkqo.jpg

lopd8k3m.png
rhapsody9tjse.jpg

twinsrckmu.png

elderksktc.png

bride9qjbw.png

akakiriuyk9d.png

t0-b1q5jcs.png

ninthwakla.png

CASTS

The Duel

Ronin - Masaki Terasoma / Brian Tee
Bandit Leader - Akeno Watanabe / Lucy Liu
Village Chief - Yūko Sanpei / Jaden Waldman

Tatooine Rhapsody

Jay - Hiroyuki Yoshino / Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Geezer - Kōsuke Gotō / Bobby Moynihan
Boba Fett - Akio Kaneda / Temuera Morrison
K-344 - Masayo Fujita / Shelby Young
Lan - Anri Katsu / Marc Thompson

The Twins

Karre
- Junya Enoki / Neil Patrick Harris
Am - Ryoko Shiraishi / Alison Brie
B-20N - Tokuyoshi Kawashima / Jonathan Lipow

The Village Bride

F -
Asami Seto / Karen Fukuhara
Haru - Megumi Han / Nichole Sakura
Asu - Yuma Uchida / Christopher Sean
Valco - Takaya Kamikawa / Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa
Izuma - Yoshimitsu Shimoyama / Andrew Kishino
Saku - Mariya Ise / Stephanie Sheh

The Ninth Jedi

Kara - Chinatsu Akasaki / Kimiko Glenn
Juro - Tetsuo Kanao / Andrew Kishino
Zhima - Shin-ichiro Miki / Simu Liu
Ethan - Hiromu Mineta / Masi Oka
Roden - Kazuya Nakai / Greg Chun
Narrator - Akio Ōtsuka / Neil Kaplan
Hen Jin - Daisuke Hirakawa / Michael Sinterniklaas

T0-B1

T0-B1 - Masako Nozawa / Jaden Waldman
Mitaka - Tsutomu Isobe / Kyle Chandler

The Elder

Tajin
- Takaya Hashi / David Harbour
The Elder - Kenichi Ogata / James Hong
Dan - Yuichi Nakamura / Jordan Fisher

Lop & Ochō

Lop
- Seiran Kobayashi / Anna Cathcart
Ocho - Risa Shimizu / Hiromi Dames
Yasaburo - Tadahisa Fujimura / Paul Nakauchi
Imperial Officer - Taisuke Nakano / Kyle McCarley

Akariki

Tsubaki
- Yū Miyazaki / Henry Golding
Misa - Lynn / Jamie Chung
Senshuu - Chō / George Takei
Kamahachi - Wataru Takagi / Keone Young
Masago - Yukari Nozawa / Lorraine Toussaint

Review Thread

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Wait all the episodes are dropping tomorrow? That's so cool.

Usually I prefer the one-a-week method but with an anthology thing like this, its nice they're putting it all out at once.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Wild. Thought it was going to be weekly. Any reviews talk about the length of these episodes?

OP
OP
WadiumArcadium

WadiumArcadium

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
UK
the fact this is happening tomorrow and being released all at once is very unusual. is this a bad sign? or did i just miss the build up somehow
There hasn't been a ton of marketing but reviews have been positive. It's a collection of separate stories which probably contributed to their decision to release it in one go. That and the length of the episodes.
Wild. Thought it was going to be weekly. Any reviews talk about the length of these episodes?
From Verge:
Visions is a nine-part anthology, with each episode telling a completely original story. They're all short — the longest is 22 minutes long, and some clock in at just 13 minutes — and, in a rarity for Disney Plus, the entire season is available to stream all at once. The most striking thing about the collection is how different each episode is, both in style and tone.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
There hasn't been a ton of marketing but reviews have been positive. It's a collection of separate stories which probably contributed to their decision to release it in one go.
From Verge:
Shortest is 13 minutes and longest is 22 minutes. Average length is about 16 minutes so we're getting about 2 and a half hours of content

Thanks!

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
The reviews for this are pretty great. Sitting at 100% on RT right now and from a wide variety of outlets and reviewers, so it's not just fan sites.

Can't wait! I promised myself I would spread these out instead of binging them, but I don't think ill be able to manage that considering some of them are very short and all of them are anywhere from good to amazing, so I'll likely just watch them all tomorrow more like a movie than a series.

ZiZ

Oct 27, 2017
I usually watch anime subbed, but I kinda feel like going dubbed with this one.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
First episode was already super good. Fuck the new trilogy. Give me Samurai Star Wars.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Watched the one done by Imaishi / Studio Trigger.

I guess it's safe to say Anime saved Star Wars.

Am and Karre are the coolest protagonists this franchise has had 😎

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Holy shit the artdesign is so good in the first episode (Duel). Like mind blowing good.

Last edited:

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot believe Trigger and IG are involved in this, I'm so damned happy.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
With Episode 3 its clear that you can see how far Studio Trigger can go with Lucasfilm and Disney xD.

If Lucasfilm and Disney weren't supervising all of this closely, then Trigger would have gone way more on Am's battle torn uniform at the end.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Not really a big Star Wars fan, but Emi Evans of Nier fame is going to sing and write lyrics for "The Village Bride"

The lyrics part really intrigue me... I wonder if she sang in Chaos language?

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
How do I watch this subbed? Do I switch the audio to Japanese and turn on english CC? But wouldn't those be dubtitles at that point? Meaning they're subtitles of the English VA, not a translation of the Japanese?

Am I missing something here? Or some separate option?

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So yeah, these are dubtitles. And they're not even subtitles, they're closed captioning. What am I missing. How do you watch this in Japanese with proper subtitles?

Antoo

May 1, 2019
episode 3 by trigger is pretty much every dumb anime thing you can imagine all rolled into one episode

unnatural exposition delivered by a character who is saying their thoughts out loud

absolutely wild shit that flies in the face of all logic

yet I fucking loved it

what a trip

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
I'd like to extend a special thank you to The Twins for noting the views of people who think Leia's Mary Poppins moment and the Holdo Maneuver were too much, and then being like "Counterpoint: according to the rule of cool, people can casually swordfight in space with no helmets, and also you can use hyperspace to do a ship-cutting supermove with an impossibly huge lightsaber."

Nice to see a Star Wars story just wild out with pure anime logic for a change. Maybe Star Wars was anime all along.

So yeah, these are dubtitles. And they're not even subtitles, they're closed captioning. What am I missing. How do you watch this in Japanese with proper subtitles?
I'm not seeing the option for normal subtitles either. Kind of an inconvenient oversight, since my ears still work well enough to tell when a droid is beeping.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to extend a special thank you to The Twins for noting the views of people who think Leia's Mary Poppins moment and the Holdo Maneuver were too much, and then being like "Counterpoint: according to the rule of cool, people can casually swordfight in space with no helmets, and also you can use hyperspace to do a ship-cutting supermove with an impossibly huge lightsaber."

Nice to see a Star Wars story just wild out with pure anime logic for a change. Maybe Star Wars was anime all along.

I'm not seeing the option for normal subtitles either. Kind of an inconvenient oversight, since my ears still work well enough to tell when a droid is beeping.
Ideally they would have a proper Japanese version listed as a separate entry on D+. As-is, there is no proper English-subtitled, Japanese-voiced option available. All of the subtitles are translations of the English, and there is only English closed captions. This is a really disappointing oversight, especially given the pre-release trailers.

Domino

Oct 25, 2017
The Nier like music in The Village Bride (Episode 4) is incredible, the episode is fantastic.

The Ninth Jedi (Episode 5) is also great.

Last edited:

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Not really a big Star Wars fan, but Emi Evans of Nier fame is going to sing and write lyrics for "The Village Bride"

The lyrics part really intrigue me... I wonder if she sang in Chaos language?

Just heard her music in this episode.

Honestly, can she even make songs that aren't completely enchanting? Hire her for everything.

Ideally they would have a proper Japanese version listed as a separate entry on D+. As-is, there is no proper English-subtitled, Japanese-voiced option available. All of the subtitles are translations of the English, and there is only English closed captions. This is a really disappointing oversight, especially given the pre-release trailers.
Damn, I hope they correct this eventually.

Holy shit the artdesign is so good in the first episode (Duel). Like mind blowing good.
Yeah it's just great.

Last edited:

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Not to nitpick, but I wonder if it's necessary for nearly every episode, and indeed nearly every piece of Star Wars media, to have someone say "I have a bad feeling about this."

Enough is enough! You're beating it to death.

The only good use of this line in recent memory is the variation in Solo where Han is like "I have a great feeling about this." That's just cheeky enough to fly with me.

Also, while I'm in not-nitpicking mode, let me say that I'm kind of bothered by the writing in Episode 7 (The Elder), an otherwise cool as hell episode, where Dan and his master split up to find the old guy.

Let's think this through. The old guy was going to return to his ship at some point, so there's absolutely no reason to have Dan seek him out in the mountains.

Best case scenario, the old guy is harmless. But they suspect he could be a dangerous enemy, so splitting up guarantees a disadvantage if one of them is trapped in a fight.

I know it's just a contrivance to get the characters where the story needs them to be, but if I were writing a story I wouldn't want it to hinge on a really stupid decision. The choice should have been justified with some additional factor like a narrow time window, or something back in the village that they couldn't leave undefended.

Last edited:

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Taking a break after the first 4. Last Duel and Village Bride are the clear stand-outs for now.