• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
It's so darkly funny for having Disney - the company most responsible for stretching out copyright law towards infinity - touting a new project for Star Wars - a 44 year old IP - around the basis of "Oh wow, how cool would it be if just anyone could make their own Star Wars story! All of these different perspectives and interpretations of beloved classic setting! Look at all the different things that would be possible if it wasn't just us making Star Wars! You could even get Star Wars anime! How wild!"

Yeah motherfuckers, what if

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this does well and leads to more projects like this. Star Wars needs experimentation in terms of aesthetic and storytelling, they can't keep treading the same ground and motifs much longer

Crashman

Oct 27, 2017
I see, I see. The girl of the twins in the Trigger short was also trained by Count Dooku in Jedi arts.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
whoa where did this come from. Looks amazing.

Some non-canon out there star wars anime is something right up my alley.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
I hope this does well and leads to more projects like this. Star Wars needs experimentation in terms of aesthetic and storytelling, they can't keep treading the same ground and motifs much longer

They can, but it's always nice to see something from another angle, sure.

This looks great. Hopefully there will be some gentle giant/sideshow figures along the way to collect.

Incite

Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars does nothing for me but I will definitely watch for those visuals and animation, fucking gorgeous.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Can we please make this a regular thing? Like actually keep making more of this Lucasfilm PLEASE!!
This is what Star Wars needs to shake things up. Embrace the craziness and weird, and get out of their comfort zone.
I'm also wondering if I should watch this in Japanese or english dub. For once I'm actually needing to think about this for an anime...
Also wish they are dropping episodes weekly instead of all at once. Oh well...

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Betting 10 bucks that the character can also use it to spin and fly away like the inquisitors in Rebels lol.
yondu-mary-poppins-yall.gif

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Imperial waifu General Greivous with lightsaber whips? Yeah, sure...

I know none of it is canon but since Temuera is in one episode as Fett, that automatically makes it canon to me.

This one seems to have connection to the Ronin novel that's releasing later this year

Any further whining about the Inquisitors' lightsaber helicopters is now invalid. That thing is ludicrous lol

Rogue Blue

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
OH MY GOD GIVE IT TO ME NOW.

I need this shot into my veins this very second. September can't come fast enough.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
Just remembered that it's gonna overlap with the last 2-3 episodes of What-If season 1.
godammit Disney, don't make me choose!!! Why can't you separate the 2 releases on different days!?

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Surprised to see the English Dub trailer not have as many views as the JPN voice one. Here I assumed since it was Disney/LucasArts/Western IP, it would be on English by default as the original track like they did with Afro Samurai, interesting.

I think I'll be going with the Dub for this.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I'm already excited for a second season, a spin off, and an action figure line.

How does this affect the "worked for" Disney/Marvel/Star Wars/Pixar trophy?

Am I going crazy or is this the first time Alison Brie has actually been in any of them? I swear there's been multiple (MCU at least) casting announcements where site reports she was in contention but lost to xyz.

Supposedly she directed a doc for Marvel at least.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
I'm already excited for a second season, a spin off, and an action figure line.

Am I going crazy or is this the first time Alison Brie has actually been in any of them? I swear there's been multiple (MCU at least) casting announcements where site reports she was in contention but lost to xyz.

Supposedly she directed a doc for Marvel at least.
So I just checked and she technically starred in an episode of Hannah Montana, give her a sorta fuzzy disney pass.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
So I just checked and she technically starred in an episode of Hannah Montana, give her a sorta fuzzy disney pass.

I always interpreted the Disney pass as being part of the Animated Canon, in the same way a Marvel pass is probably the MCU and not the unaffiliated cartoons. Regardless, it's weird she hasn't been in more franchise stuff, unless she's not interested.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Anime fans and Star Wars fan will come together and join hands in harmony when this finally releases. Twitter will be on some WWI Christmas shit

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
It's so darkly funny for having Disney - the company most responsible for stretching out copyright law towards infinity - touting a new project for Star Wars - a 44 year old IP - around the basis of "Oh wow, how cool would it be if just anyone could make their own Star Wars story! All of these different perspectives and interpretations of beloved classic setting! Look at all the different things that would be possible if it wasn't just us making Star Wars! You could even get Star Wars anime! How wild!"

Yeah motherfuckers, what if

I'm hyper hyped for this after the trailer - I think it looks amazing.

But this is a damn good take... hadn't even thought of this.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
care to explain your word salad?

i am not understanding
Basically Imaishi's sort of madness and very, very broad shounen stuff. Two decades ago we at least got The Animatrix - which bothered to be thoughtful and creative instead of the equivalent of throwing action figures at each other.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Basically Imaishi's sort of madness and very, very broad shounen stuff. Two decades ago we at least got The Animatrix - which bothered to be thoughtful and creative instead of the equivalent of throwing action figures at each other.

i dont understand how can you claim something like that without even watching the series, but ok.