• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD

*imokaywiththis.png*

This kind of "let your hair down" thing is just the kind of thing I've been wanting to see from Star Wars. It probably won't happen, but I would love "Star Wars Visions" to become its own subseries within the brand where all this kind of over the top shit can be entirely localized.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
It'll be interesting what the Trigger episodes will be like. I love their animation but their writing is… not good.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Animatrix vibes, which I guess was the inspiration.
I want them to take one of these art styles and do a mini series.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
Why does everything need to have an anime show these days?
I don't like thing.
Kids these days and their kawai cartoons.

Get off my lawn.

No fun allowed.

Looks really cool for anime fans, and more SW lore is a good thing.

I say this in a lot of threads, but I side eye anyone that writes off anything animated that comes from Japan. Like here's something with varying artsyles, animation, lack of cringey anime tropes, but because the country of origin is Japan you're not interested? Come on.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
This is exactly something I had no idea I wanted but now I need. Incredibly good looking.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
With that list of dub actors, I'll probably watch all of these in both languages. Japanese first, then dub.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
Everybody is praising the animation (and rightly so these look stunning) but hot damn that sound design.

awilliams213

Oct 27, 2017
CT
They had me at the stills with Studio Trigger seeing it in motion this might be in the Robot Carnival / Animatrix category. That trailer with the sound design already looks like a sakuga collection video.

Jamesways

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
User Banned (2 Weeks): Dismissive commentary; conflating Japanese culture with other Asian cultures
I say this in a lot of threads, but I side eye anyone that writes off anything animated that comes from Japan. Like here's something with varying artsyles, animation, lack of cringey anime tropes, but because the country of origin is Japan you're not interested? Come on.
Just because I don't like anime doesn't mean I'm racist. I don't like the style. It's not for me. People like different things, and that's ok. I don't care for a lot of animation period.

Last edited:

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
List of studios involved:

• Kamikaze Douga
  • Geno Studio
  • Studio Colorido
  • Trigger, Inc. (working on two episodes)
  • Kinema Citrus Co.
  • Science SARU (also working on two episodes)
  • Production IG

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Now this is something I'm looking forward to. Anime Star Wars. And Trigger animating some episodes? I'm so in.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, so it's basically Star Wars getting the Animatrix treatment, which means this may be the best Star Wars content we'll ever get.

Love the variety on display. Definitely looking forward to it.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just because I don't like anime doesn't mean I'm racist. I don't like the style. It's not for me. People like different things, and that's ok. I don't care for a lot of animation period.

Racist? I love martial arts, practiced for 30 years. I started in Kung Fu, took Chinese for two years in college to enhance it, wanted to move there to be immersed in their culture.
I love samurai movies and swordsmanship, Eiji Yoshikawa's Musashi is one of the best books I've ever read.
The Book of Five Rings is literally the basis/philosophy of one of the weapon styles I have an instructorship in and practice daily.
I also study Filipino martial arts, and borrow elements from Kubudo and Wushu in my weapon flow. Interconnected rings flowing together around the body applies to every style, weapon or empty hand.

No, I don't dislike Japanese people or culture, far from it.

No, I'm not racist because I don't like anime.

Huh.

ignoring the bunch that practically reads like "i have X friends"

WHAT STYLE, specifically??

how can you say you dont like the style

when there would be 9 differents styles on this series due to multiple studios working on it?

BoredLemon

Nov 11, 2017

Racist? I love martial arts, practiced for 30 years. I started in Kung Fu, took Chinese for two years in college to enhance it, wanted to move there to be immersed in their culture.
I love samurai movies and swordsmanship, Eiji Yoshikawa's Musashi is one of the best books I've ever read.
The Book of Five Rings is literally the basis/philosophy of one of the weapon styles I have an instructorship in and practice daily.
I also study Filipino martial arts, and borrow elements from Kubudo and Wushu in my weapon flow. Interconnected rings flowing together around the body applies to every style, weapon or empty hand.

No, I don't dislike Japanese people or culture, far from it.

No, I'm not racist because I don't like anime.

Huh.
Is this a parody post?

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Once again, anime to the rescue.
jonah-hill-cut-it-out.gif

a916

Oct 25, 2017
There's no mention of length right? I'm hoping we get something meatier than 20 minutes.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In my veeeeeeeeeeins. Do weird shit with the Force the movies never could, pls, and definitely give the fights better choreography than humans can emulate.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Out of curiosity, what's the official line here? Like, is this going to be approached as a Star Wars Legends thing that at least has the potential to leak into the canon at some point?
I think Lucasfilm told the studios to not feel restricted in what's already been made and go nuts. With that said there are some stories that obviously are set in the time of the movies, some even post Rise of Skywalker but again they were allowed the freedom to do whatever.

GarbColle

Sep 5, 2019
Get ready for stupid dev vs. sub posts.
I usually vastly prefer sub to dub (or rather original to dubbed), but since this is a western IP, and I trust Disney to produce a good dub (and what I heard in the trailer sounded really well), I might watch it twice, once dubbed and once subbed. So less sub or dub, and rather sub first or dub first.

Also I found it interesting they kept the MTFBWY in Japanese in the dub trailer.