• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Well it's nice to see that Rey, Finn and Poe actually get to share screen time together in this film.

Youabra

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Spain
As someone who watched the event just for the event itself (I haven't watched any of the Star Wars believe it or not), I got a laugh during the scene

ELxX0FTU8AA2rm5

Because it didn't show up to me. I just had this black screen and that's it.

Thanks Epic, for not spoiling me for when I decide to watch all the films! :p

Also, it's the glider suppose to have different styles?

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Lol I ended up caving for the Sith trooper, and I will probably get Kylo Ren too. XD

Anyway fun event, if only because of the opening and lightsaber battle.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
As for the preview clip itself, that was what any talk show would have gotten as an exclusive. It was fine.

GDGF

Oct 26, 2017
Got the Finn skin. Second skin I ever bought in this game. Been playing since season4. Had to support my guy.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
Won my first match after the event. Final kill was with Mace's lightsaber. Felt badass. I guess lightsabers are just a rare drop? I picked it off someone and it came out as epic.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Won my first match after the event. Final kill was with Mace's lightsaber. Felt badass. I guess lightsabers are just a rare drop? I picked it off someone and it came out as epic.
Yes but there are also special crates similar to the one from the event with all 4 lightsabers in it

a Question

Oct 28, 2017
..... I just ..... this game. You know you are big when Disney comes to you so they can put exclusive content for marketing.

Even if its Epic approached Disney its still big when Disney allows you to use their exclusive content for marketing.

Antoo

May 1, 2019
..... I just ..... this game. You know you are big when Disney comes to you so they can put exclusive content for marketing.

Even if its Epic approached Disney its still big when Disney allows you to use their exclusive content for marketing.
I'm pretty sure the two companies are in bed with each other (as in they are business partners). They use Unreal for Mandalorian. Their Falcon ride at the Disney parks is built using Unreal technology in collaboration with Epic.

Taker34

QA Tester
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
building stone people
It is certainly a hot skin! Personally I'm really excited about that textured, hooded cape for back bling on other characters.
Oh hell yeah. Haven't even thought about that. Though I can't imagine them selling the hood like that in this pack. The outfit in the tweet is usually accompanied by only a cape. The hood should only come with the TFA robe outfit. Maybe there are 2 Kylo Ren versions coming out? I can't imagine Disney agreeing to non-canon outfits like that.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
I probably only buy Kylo if you can remove the helmet. Maybe I should had hold off on the Sith Trooper lol, but the red is soooo good.

I wonder how often these event skins will come around? Doesn't seem like the Avengers skins have come back yet.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh hell yeah. Haven't even thought about that. Though I can't imagine them selling the hood like that in this pack. The outfit in the tweet is usually accompanied by only a cape. The hood should only come with the TFA robe outfit. Maybe there are 2 Kylo Ren versions coming out? I can't imagine Disney agreeing to non-canon outfits like that.
The hood is a part of the cape, it's just not up/on.
ELxX9BHWwAAV3BR

Huh. Though in this picture it looks up? They've never done a back bling that extends over the head I don't think.

Unless it has a Kylo-only style then this is going to clip on so many skins.

VirtuaModel

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Here is 4K 60 FPS footage of the whole event, which was a little over 15 minutes long. The video starts right when the event does and does not have any commentary. If the video says unavailable on ResetEra, you can click the title and watch it on YouTube or click here.

This was the first event I have been present for in Fortnite. I rarely play the game and don't usually have it installed, but I thought it was pretty cool. It kind of reminded me of my time in AltspaceVR watching Reggie Watts perform live in virtual reality. I guessed that it was Ben Schwartz as the Stormtrooper pretty early on. I think the highlight of the event for me was J.J. Abrams Naruto-running onto the Millennium Falcon. What a sentence!

It was all technically very impressive and I look forward to checking out future events. I have must faster internet now so I can be ready in the future when I inevitably uninstall the game again.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was great. The preview was super short. Like maybe less than two minutes but what it showed was important.

The three main new heroes that were well received in The Force Awakenings adventuring together again. That was missing from the last film, the characters were wasted.

The more I think about it, the more I wish JJ just had this entire trilogy to himself and Rian just had the next trilogy. Both are good but they can't achieve what they want when they have to share a storyline together.

I feel like JJ is more about capturing the magic of the original trilogy while Rian is more about presenting new ideas. You can't have both, like that cake idiom.