• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
-Zorii catches Poe and didn't mind killing him.
-Zorii and Poe walk up the stairs and explicitly tell how they don't trust each other.
-Few seconds later Zorii tells Poe that she has a medallion and wants him to run away with her.🤦🏻‍♂️

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
-Zorii catches Poe and didn't mind killing him.
-Zorii and Poe walk up the stairs and explicitly tell how they don't trust each other.
-Few seconds later Zorii tells Poe that she has a medallion and wants him to run away with her.🤦🏻‍♂️
She was just being tsundere. Come on, the film has dozens of plotholes but this isn't one.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This was a strange viewing experience for me. The story was convoluted and messy, so much felt rushed, certain scenes were nonsensical, other scenes that should have been emotional or weighty lacked impact, but with all that being said, I still really enjoyed it.

It had a real sense of adventure, with lots of sprinkles of grandeur, epic scale, spectacle, beautiful cinematography, cool action, colour, vibrancy, wonder, awe, thrill, warmth, commradery, humour and more.

So many of the films scenes and environments were visually arresting and just awesome to behold, and I enjoyed that the character's were together again on this big journey.

In a way, it was sort of similar to how I felt with TLJ, only TRoS was more enjoyable for me overall, since it had more fanservice, more championing of Star Wars legacy, better character portrayals, more upbeat pacing, and more interesting action or plot developments, even if some of it was hugely rushed or forced.

Oct 25, 2017
he came in his custom tie fighter the one that Rey stole and then destroyed on Ach-To (and that also was destroyed on whatever the desert festival planet was when Rey sliced off the tie fighter wing with her saber)
Are we talking about the same moment? He arrived on Exegol in an old Imperial TIE fighter. Which we are to assume he found among the DS2 wreckage. Which is what he used to get off the Endor moon with, because Rey had stolen his ride.

I did poke around some clips online to double check my assumption. It's definitely not his custom fighter on Exegol. It's a standard flat-winged TIE, looks to be Imperial colors (not First Order).
(which doesnt have a hyperdrive but well...JJ acts like all of space is about 3 miles wide anyway so whatever I guess. Would have made more sense for it to be a TIE advanced)

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
In one sense, I wish they had explained the whole passing souls thing 'cus I think that's really interesting and it makes the Rule of Two not be so dumb. However, you also don't want Palpatine to be dropping a wookieepedia article in the middle of that scene.

If I had to guess, I think the ritual is what does it and not just simply killing someone but also, as we now know, Vader didn't actually kill Palpatine.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Staying out of range isn't possible, you have to be close enough to hit the enemy... but if you're too close they can detect you and shoot you.

Go on what else do you have. Just admit you just don't like the move.

What? Why would you have to be in target range to calculate a hyperspeed collision course? That makes zero sense. Once you detect where the enemy is and punch in their coordinates into the hyperdrive, range nor speed is no longer an issue since you'll hit them literally faster than the speed of light.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Palpatine made her do the ritual

Don't ask why she couldn't kill him without the ritual
And every time a Sith apprentice has killed their master, it has been as part of the ritual with the master's consent?

That...really recontexualizes the entire Sith. It changes them from inherently self-destructive seekers of power to very committed team players.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
And every time a Sith apprentice has killed their master, it's has been as part of the ritual with the master's consent?

That...really recontexualizes the entire Sith. It changes them from inherently self-destructive seekers of power to very committed team players.

yes, the ritual shit is good for the stupid fucking dumb "rule of two"

Oct 25, 2017
This movie feels like watching my 8-year-old cousin act out a play with his action figures. It has that same frenetic incoherence that only a child can conjure up with a straight face.

Mokujin

Oct 31, 2017
The movie is an absolutely disjointed mess stitched together to resemble a movie. That said I could stand it and somewhat enjoy it which is something I can`t say about The last Jedi, some atrocious ideas thrown into the movie like portable planet killers, Palpatine recycling, Space Burning Man Festival, the Knights of Ren being a stupid team on par with some Power Rangers badies...

But I liked how they gave Rey a proper training this time around, fights with Kylo were balanced, characters like Luke, Poe and Fin were given more respect, Red 5 flying again!!! and I would lie if I said i didn't almost shed a tear in the last scene. Maybe it's the lowered expectations after Ep7 and Ep8 but I didnt feel as offended this time around so that's something.

This movie feels like watching my 8-year-old cousin act out a play with his action figures. It has that same frenetic incoherence that only a child can conjure up with a straight face.

Man do I love your analogy, couln't have described it better.

I really hope this cycle is over and Favreau, Feloni and Deborah Chow get over the franchise in the future.

Last edited:

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What? Why would you have to be in target range to calculate a hyperspeed collision course? That makes zero sense. Once you detect where the enemy is and punch in their coordinates into the hyperdrive, range nor speed is no longer an issue since you'll hit them literally faster than the speed of light.
You have to hit them in normal space (BEFORE you vanish into hyperspace, obviously not after).

Oct 26, 2017
how is it a rushed relationship when we know they have a past o.o

Do you just take things at face value? It's rushed because despite the history, she was ready to kill Poe. But when Poe and the gang needs to do important shit, now all of a sudden, she wants to be together.

This is like if Star Wars was written by Zack Snyder.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Rule of two exist because the Sith as philosophy is not sustainable and they end up backstabbing each other

The master then gets killed when they either too weak or careless

It's weird you have to do a ritual to backstab

It doesn't change anything about rule of two it seems to be a Palpatine thing more than anything

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Rule of two exist because the Sith as philosophy is not sustainable and they end up backstabbing each other

The master then gets killed when they either too weak or careless

It's weird you have to do a ritual to backstab

It doesn't change anything about rule of two it seems to be a Palpatine thing more than anything

it changes it to not be a backstab, but something they willingly do.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I thought all the sith was more metaphorical and mystical than him literally being legion

Then again Abrams doesn't know metaphor

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
LMFAOOO are you trying to say that a rushed relationship = "lol she's just tsundere"??
She's clearly Poe's ex girlfriend.
Do you just take things at face value? It's rushed because despite the history, she was ready to kill Poe. But when Poe and the gang needs to do important shit, now all of a sudden, she wants to be together.

This is like if Star Wars was written by Zack Snyder.
If she genuinely wanted to kill Poe she would've killed him, based on her personality as shown in the film do you really think she's the type to threaten instead of just doing what she wants to do? Like, YOU'RE the one taking things at face value here.

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Are we talking about the same moment? He arrived on Exegol in an old Imperial TIE fighter. Which we are to assume he found among the DS2 wreckage. Which is what he used to get off the Endor moon with, because Rey had stolen his ride.

I did poke around some clips online to double check my assumption. It's definitely not his custom fighter on Exegol. It's a standard flat-winged TIE, looks to be Imperial colors (not First Order).
(which doesnt have a hyperdrive but well...JJ acts like all of space is about 3 miles wide anyway so whatever I guess. Would have made more sense for it to be a TIE advanced)

I know somehow he got off Endor and into an old imperial tie fighter. I'm talking about the fact that
1) if it came from DS2 wreckage, most or all of the core cargo area is flooded and even still all of the tie's should be destroyed by the heat of the explosion
2) if it came from the first order/final order fleet, that also doesn't make sense cause KoR knew he turned pretty much immediately.
3) it was show to be navigating the field into exegol with hyperspace as hard much less with a plain ole tie and how does it even go that fast?

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So does anyone have any videos about this movie that doesn't start screaming that this was the SJW's fault for killing the true nerds cause I'd like to watch videos without being propaganda into the alt-right.

eZipsis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I can't believe this movie actually came out. I cringed hard when Maz gave Chewie the medal from A New Hope then looked at the camera and gave a big "hey guys I've finally fixed this injustice" wink to the audience.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It didn't feel like a ritual when Sheev was explaining the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise :\

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know somehow he got off Endor and into an old imperial tie fighter. I'm talking about the fact that
1) if it came from DS2 wreckage, most or all of the core cargo area is flooded and even still all of the tie's should be destroyed by the heat of the explosion
2) if it came from the first order/final order fleet, that also doesn't make sense cause KoR knew he turned pretty much immediately.
3) it was show to be navigating the field into exegol with hyperspace as hard much less with a plain ole tie and how does it even go that fast?

it would probably a Vader special Tie fighter, that the force willed to be ok

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
So then there's no reason for the rule of two then
If the rule of two exists as a means for sith to survive via body transfers then that could get iffy hella quick if you had more than one apprentice. Then again, pretty sure it's just a ritual specific to this one moment and not a standard rule of two thing. Like, I doubt Dooku was hoping Ventress would strike him down or that Maul would let Savage strike him down.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
You have to hit them in normal space (BEFORE you vanish into hyperspace, obviously not after).

What? No, hyperspace is the same as normal space. It's not a separate dimension. I don't care about some Wookipedia entry, ANH makes clear you can hit objects in hyperspace, hence why your calculations need to be precise. I've always assumed a hyperspace lane is a clean route through space, one where debirs is avoided.

Engaging a hyperdrive shouldn't be opening a separate dimension that you slip into. Again, don't cite me Wookipedia EU crap. This is ANH establishing this.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't fix it then because originally its because they're too much dicks to actually cooperate with each other and play fair so you cut it down to two to actually accomplish shit

Now it's stupid if they actually cooperate just have thousands of sith
The Rule of Two was invented by Darth Bane. Now the implications of TROS is that all the Sith ARE Darth Bane due to the soul transfer thing.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
If the rule of two exists as a means for sith to survive via body transfers then that could get iffy hella quick if you had more than one apprentice. Then again, pretty sure it's just a ritual specific to this one moment and not a standard rule of two thing. Like, I doubt Dooku was hoping Ventress would strike him down or that Maul would let Savage strike him down.
Yeah which is why i think it's Palpatine thing

If it's a rule of two thing it becomes really iffy and weird

Like i doubt Maul wanted to possess his brother for example

Status
Not open for further replies.