• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 62100

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 12, 2019
Kylo stole Rei's heart and deuced into the ether with it poor Finn

giphy.gif

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So those dudes Kyko were killing on Mustafar were likely Vader cultists, people who make pilgrimage to Mustafar.

Also the reason Mustafar was a lava planet in the first place is because eons ago some force user tried to find the secret to immortality and went so deep into the dark side she knocked the planet out of its orbit. The ancient Sith heard of this story and and turned it into a Sith planet .

It was just a fucking factory...that's all it needed to be JFC

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Couldn't palp just make a flesh puppet that looked like himself? Haha
I guess, but maybe he figured that re-emerging too soon would galvanize his enemies. It would have been easier for the Resistance to recruit people if they could be all like "Holy shit everybody, guess who's back!" So Palpatine used a clone/creature that doesn't resemble his original form.

I'd like to thank our unofficial sponsor, JJ Abrams, for making this speculation possible with his "less is more" approach to storytelling.

Last edited:

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
BTW, how is the Alt-right responding to the movie?

It's pretty disgusting how much of TRoS is capitulation to the fascist side of the fandom, like Kelly Marie Tran's reduced screentime, but like, do they even like it?

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Laughing is fine. but being annoying is being annoying.
I mean I literally had a person behind me who was doing commentary behind me throughout large chunks of the movie. They were clearly drunk and it was just infrequent enough that I did not turn around and ask them to be quiet so trust me I understand that people can be annoying.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I...didn't like it. And the more I think about it, the more I dislike it. What a disappointment. :/

I did like Leia's scenes though - they did the best they could under the circumstances. I also enjoyed seeing Lando, even if he didn't get the material he deserved.

n00bs7ay3r

Banned
Aug 21, 2018

It's pretty disgusting how much of TRoS is capitulation to the fascist side of the fandom, like Kelly Marie Tran's reduced screentime, but like, do they even like it?
It still stars a woman, and 2 POC so I am guessing no?

Oct 25, 2017
Man this movie was wack as fuck. They really had Carrie Fisher out here like Chef in that one episode of South Park.

I really thought that would work, and I guess it looked convincing. But every time she was on screen it took me right out of the movie. Just a weird, ghostly performance.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017

Nah I'm pretty sure they hate it too

I just had a brief glimpse of the Star Wars thread on Kiwi Farms (yeah, I know), and they were all shitting on it as well.

Oct 26, 2017

I don't think disliking Rose makes you fascist... I'm not a fan of the character but you don't see me goose stepping down main street

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I don't think disliking Rose makes you fascist... I'm not a fan of the character but you don't see me goose stepping down main street
I don't like her either but the fact that JJ didn't give her anything to do or improve her character and shoved her away from doing anything important 😬

Oct 25, 2017
How would they even know where the throne room would be located? Look up the 2nd Death Star blueprints?

The Rebels had the old plans, yeah and TFA established that Rey's life as a scavenger gave her some skill in navigating old Empire ships.

Instead, Abrams solved it in typical Abrams fashion. He awkwardly lifted something from Raiders of the Lost Ark in a way that misses key elements of what made that scene iconic in the first place.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
It still stars a woman, and 2 POC so I am guessing no?
Nah I'm pretty sure they hate it too

I just had a brief glimpse of the Star Wars thread on Kiwi Farms (yeah, I know), and they were all shitting on it as well.
So in total, this movie succeeds at pleasing literally no one except the uncritical?

*sigh* I am so tired of seeing this point misconstrued that I am not even going to bother to correct it.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I thought it was way better than the first two. My problem with the force awakens was it being a new hope clone. TLJ was pretty bad though.

n00bs7ay3r

Banned
Aug 21, 2018
It was a bad response to a criticism though. I don't like the idea of reversing something that was done in the previous movies just because fans didn't like it. Like I agree that Rose was basically a nothing character and that the "romance" between Finn and Rose was basically not set up at all until they kissed out of nowhere but it was established in the lore. JJ had an obligation to build upon what came before not disregard it. Like most of the stuff that happened with that stormtrooper lady could have easy been done with Rose instead and would have built upon lore that was established in the previous movie.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Good little touch that you might miss. Kylo's scar he got in TFA is gone when Rey heals him

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I still wonder - in this universe, what kind of asshole would you have to be to join the First Order?

It's like literally volunteering for the Nazis knowing exactly what they are. Yet somehow they keep finding enough people to crew all their planet killing WMDs.

Shaun Solo

Oct 25, 2017
Palpatine: Kylo you have yet to surpass Vader
Kylo: Uh, I totally killed the stand in for you in the last movie and became the direct leader of the fascists instead of being a lapdog like Vader
Palpatine: No, you didn't. Now go get your fuckin mask

Every main character in this is reset to where they were at the start of TLJ. It's fucking fascinating.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't like her either but the fact that JJ didn't give her anything to do or improve her character and shoved her away from doing anything important 😬
Yeah I feel bad for the actress, she didn't deserve the Jar Jar treatment.

It was a bad response to a criticism though. I don't like the idea of reversing something that was done in the previous movies just because fans didn't like it. Like I agree that Rose was basically a nothing character and that the "romance" between Finn and Rose was basically not set up at all until they kissed out of nowhere but it was established in the lore. JJ had an obligation to build upon what came before not disregard it. Like most of the stuff that happened with that stormtrooper lady could have easy been done with Rose instead and would have built upon lore that was established in the previous movie.
Kelly Tran didn't deserve what happened to her with the TROS, especially after all of the harassment she received. It was disappointing to see JJ cave to the pressure of cyber bullies. However, my comment was more about me being tired of seeing people disliking certain aspects of TLJ hand-waved off as alt-right, not everything is political like that.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I thought it was way better than the first two. My problem with the force awakens was it being a new hope clone. TLJ was pretty bad though.
I was expecting myself to like it more than TFA because I didn't like the fact that JJ did a boring rehash with that one, but this has way too many dumb things that it's quite easily the worst Disney Star Wars movie.

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Alright just got back from 2nd screening.

1. Dolby atmos is amazing to experience this movie but RealD 3D is so crisp and amazing in visual quality.

2. I still couldnt make out Ahsokas voices it was pretty low compared to the other voices.

MarkN

Oct 13, 2018
This movie was laughably bad. The only part I found genuinely funny was the exchange between Poe and finn when Poe asks him to be co general with him. "Finn I cant do this alone I want you to be general with me." "This droid knows somethi.....oh thank you" "general" "general". Other then that it's just jj polishing another turd hoping the audience wont he able to see through the shine.

Status
Not open for further replies.