• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Be aware that phone pics are starting to get out to the wild

Valiant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People who are attending the film's premiere.
EL7nNCUVAAAHOqB

No Lucas lol.

No Rian Johnson either!

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
STAY OFF REDDIT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED.

Maybe stay off Facebook/twitter too if you don't trust all your friends.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
Also watch twitch chat. Hans death in TFA was spoiled for me because some guy was spamming it over and over.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I love premier night, the first twitter reactions are my favorite. I remember TLJ reactions, so much love but then in the middle of all the good reactions were one or two that was like "there is prequel level crap in this movie" which really stood out to me. And I agree with that opinion more than the love. Going to be interesting to see what is said as now there seems to be teams taking sides over TLJ.

Around what time will the first reactions hit?

MrMephistoX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also watch twitch chat. Hans death in TFA was spoiled for me because some guy was spamming it over and over.

I just live stream on YouTube for this very reason and go full screen...Live stream chat comments are even worse than twitter in general somehow...I guarantee half of the last comments from Kerri Russell to Andi Gutierrez are show your titzzz! And right now half are probably N words for Billy Dee. Also Kathleen Kennedy comments now are likely 50% show your tots followed by you are a c word for ruining Star Wars.

MoosetheMark

May 3, 2019
There are few opinions I give less credence to than premiere night movie reactions. These people got to see the biggest movie in the world early, they're not gonna shit on it and lose their access, and Disney's not gonna hand out premiere tickets to people who are even remotely skeptical.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Generally, the thing to look out for is if people are straight-up channeling Kevin Smith or are somewhat more reserved in their positivity. That generally does give a hint as to the film's ultimate critical reception.

Oct 25, 2017
I just look for what specific things they bring up that they liked or disliked. The general impression I just kind of ignore.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Generally, the thing to look out for is if people are straight-up channeling Kevin Smith or are somewhat more reserved in their positivity. That generally does give a hint as to the film's ultimate critical reception.

So like premier night is similar to famitsu reviews? If it's 38-40/40 we're good and less than that it's cause for concern?

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
So like premier night is similar to famitsu reviews? If it's 38-40/40 we're good and less than that it's cause for concern?

It's essentially the ratio of "HOLY SHIT JJ CAME THROUGH" to "Hmm. That was indeed The Rise of Skywalker. Wow." tweets.

Of course the Reylo dynamic might throw this all out of wack depending on how that particular wind blows.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
The spoiler thread being so much more active than this one also is a pain as I keep worrying I'm going to click into the wrong thread lol.

Last edited:

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
The spoiler thread being so more active than this one also is a pain as I keep worrying I'm going to click into the wrong thread lol.
Clearly there's a lot of people that don't give a shit enough about the movie anymore to care about spoilers.
They are just curious to see the potential meltdown people will have when shit doesn't go their way.

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
I'm coming from TLJ actually being my favorite Star Wars movie so I really, really hope this ends the saga well.

Status
Not open for further replies.