• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Orbit

Banned
Nov 21, 2018
seriously wish we could've had abrams just direct/creative control the entire trilogy. for me, the second film had a lot of promise but it ended up contradicting itself and for that is even worse than playing it safe. "Rey...the past..throw it away...down with the old ways and let's start something new...JK gonna be the same set up as all other movies lol". Last Jedi just really threw a cog into my enjoyment for the overall new trilogy. i already feel myself a lot mroe invested in this third film.

emir

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ghost Palpatine uses that loser boy for seduce Rey. No doubt. I see a lot of mis-fucking-directions, but JJ goes to a weak scenario.

Last edited:

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Bendable lightsaber is utterly stupid and reeks of JJ nonsense.

Consistency

images

LeftDisguisedComet-size_restricted.gif

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017
Why can't they just cut 2 strong trailers and call it a day? This misdirection stuff gets old.

Oct 27, 2017
the 70s had The Godfather, Apocalypse Now, and Star Wars. It's not Star Wars job to be those other movies. This is like complaining in a MCU thread that we don't have anymore movies like Lawrence of Arabia.
I guess Star Wars is not my cup of tea then. I mean the teaser trailer pretty much sum up the movie and I have seen these kind of movies arc hundreds of time before so I'm pretty bored with it. So you guys carry on I'll just slowly exit this thread. No ill intended.

Guy.brush

Oct 27, 2017
She's a clone.

All Rey's are cloned from Luke's missing hand.
What if Darth Rey is a cybernetic organism? Model 606, living midichlorian tissue over a metallic Sith skeleton.
In all seriousness, that shot of her is probably one of those flashback fight /vision thingies and pure misdirection like they did with the TLJ trailers

Oct 25, 2017
B-wings and Y-wings....We really are going an entire trilogy with zero good new ships. That has my mind blown.

The entire thing that first got my imagination going with SW (and sci-fi in general) was the cool ships of the OT and PT. Disney era has exactly one movie that introduces a new ship worthy of the series... and it isn't even a mainline film.

IcyInferno

Oct 26, 2017
Starting to think the shot of Rey at the end is Kylo's vision perhaps her as an apprentice of Kylo since the red lightsaber looks similar to Kylo's (or she kills kylo and takes his lightsaber and modifies it in this vision). A flashback of him using force vision to find out more about her. Would help explain why he was trying to manipulate her in TLJ to join him by telling her that she is nothing and has no place it this story... but not to him. Maybe he knows Rey's true parentage (technically the audience still doesn't know since we never saw their faces or learned their names) and is hiding it from her since he fears she can overthrow him... unless he successfully manipulates and control her instead by telling her she's nothing and that her parents are dead in a pauper'a grave in the Jakku desert.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
"In a Galaxy fold fold Away"

How is that lightsaber even practical at all? No doubt it's a dream type sequence.

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
Trailer looks great! Some of those shots are breathtaking. Final shot is obviously some vision and yeah it looks off, hopefully on purpose.

I trust JJ, loved TFA, he gets the feel of Star Wars. Hopefully it does some bold things with the story.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"In a Galaxy fold fold Away"

How is that lightsaber even practical at all? No doubt it's a dream type sequence.

have you see how long is the saber when is unfolded, can you imagine having that hanging from your hip?

it is foldable so you can carry it around.

the final scene will probably the other way around, she unfolds it, then activtes it.

Dec 31, 2017
Fuck I'm in.

Always love seeing Kylo load his saber. He's got a lot of heavy power in his fight style.

And honestly, that Rey shit looks cool at the end.

IN.

captainuwu

Aug 14, 2019
B-wings and Y-wings....We really are going an entire trilogy with zero good new ships. That has my mind blown.

The entire thing that first got my imagination going with SW (and sci-fi in general) was the cool ships of the OT and PT. Disney era has exactly one movie that introduces a new ship worthy of the series... and it isn't even a mainline film.

The world building in these films is awful.

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Thanks to this thread I unfortunately started thinking about JJ Abrams while making dinner. You know....this guy really does like time/dimension fuckery in his projects...

Lost
Fringe
Star Trek
Star....Wars....?

:(

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
Where is R2? Why is he not with the gang? How can you have a final Star Wars movie and not have 3P0 and R2 together.
I've read online that R2 marketing rights are still on Lucas hands and this is why it's not pushed by Disney. I don't know if this is true or not though. You can read lot of things in the internet these days.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope

Just let people theorise; if they're wrong then you can post as many snarky 'eat crow' gifs as you want, but right now you're trying to squash discussion based on a lie that is itself a blind dismissal of literal objective evidence.
There is no objective evidence. None. Zero. RLM are the racist and sexist losers who are responsible for people online thinking this is at all legit and it's beyond frustrating. As nothing good has come from that hate filled trash heap.

There is nothing "objective" so far pointing to time travel.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Thanks for the replies everyone, maybe it is somewhat practical. I just don't don't see how you use it while folded with the energy already coming out of it.

As mentioned though maybe it's opposite in the end product and it lights as she opens it.

I'm excited regardless.

Oct 28, 2017
Is this where the Knights of Ren have been all along? Did Snoke's death trigger something?

The Rey/Kylo force connection continued after his death. Maybe it was Palpatine behind that all along?

thetrin

Oct 26, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Great visuals. Hate that like, 2/3 of that was just old footage from past movies. I've seen those movies a ton of times. I don't need to see them in a trailer.