• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I'm so happy to see Threepio finally getting something to do again. No matter how it turns out he's at least getting some attention.

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seriously, fuck Rey if she still wants to get it on with Kylo after all the shit he has pulled.

dw0MQMg.gif

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
That was fucking beautiful

I wish my dad could have made it one more year. He would have been there day one

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
This trailer definitely feels like they are gonna take Kylo and Rey into more teaming up, and I am all for that.

Fix the ending we got with TLJ and give us a Kylo/Rey team up against the Emperor. Have Kylo sacrifice himself to defeat the emperor and come to terms with the terrible things he's done (this would seem rather fitting for someone that idolised Vader).

I just hope there's more with Luke and other things we have yet to see.

Also hope (from the C3P0 line) this isn't gonna be one of those movies where they feel the need kill off like every old cast member they have from the OT.

Kid Heart

Oct 25, 2017
KqOI0eq.jpg

Look what's on the right!

Edit: credit to some guy on reddit

I didn't even catch that. The trailer was pretty good, but if the main movies start acknowledging the prequels exist then I am super pumped. There are plenty of interesting ideas to use from those movies, regardless of how one feels about the quality of the movies themselves, and I think it would be a real shame if they were ignored.

Oct 28, 2017
Dare I hope, again? Dare I allow myself to, once more let the feeling flow through me.

It's been almost 15 years since...

Loved that movie but the hype I felt going into was unlike anything I have aver felt.

foggy

Oct 25, 2017
It really is a treat to have competently photographed Star Wars movies.

Big thing that stuck out during this trailer is me understanding just how little I care about the new characters.

Anustart

9 Million Scovilles
Avenger
Nov 12, 2017
This trailer definitely feels like they are gonna take Kylo and Rey into more teaming up, and I am all for that.

Fix the ending we got with TLJ and give us a Kylo/Rey team up against the Emperor. Have Kylo sacrifice himself to defeat the emperor and come to terms with the terrible things he's done (this would seem rather fitting for someone that idolised Vader).

I just up there's more with Luke and other things we have yet to see.

Also hope (from the C3P0 line) this isn't gonna be one of those movies where they feel the need kill off like every old cast member they have from the OT.

Makes sense. JJ remade a new hope in EP 7. Only makes sense this one is a retread of rotj.

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What exactly can be gleaned from this trailer that looks "really bad".

The visuals are outstanding, some of the best ever seen, music is great? What's the problem?

I'd love to know.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Wow that actually gave me hype I didn't really give a fuck about this movie until now. It was a great trailer.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What exactly can be gleaned from this trailer that looks "really bad".

The visuals are outstanding, some of the best ever seen, music is great? What's the problem?

I'd love to know.
The franchise in general has become a cultural battleground, but yeah, it's hard to look at this trailer and not think it looks great. If you don't have faith in the franchise after TLJ, that's one thing, but this is a trailer at the highest levels of visuals and audio.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Looks good. Much better tone than what was implied in the previous trailer.

Was that Hamill saying "The force will be with you" at the end?