• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so glad this looks good I'd much rather watch something like this than shows about already established characters.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
European law makes it easier. I will sign up for a dutch account and then have access to all the content from germany.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking good, however I hate this shot:

qYL9hpt.jpg

I get this takes place after the OT, but I hate this stuff. Han being frozen in Carbonite should've been a one time thing, a quick and dirty solution to a problem that Vader had and had a small chance of success. To see it turned into perhaps the new means by which Bounty Hunter capture targets is just dumb. They should already possess a safer method of restraining and holding captives.

I had a similar thought. Not a fan of that part.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So this is bothering me. Wasn't Han only frozen in carbonite due to them being on bespin and it being continent at the time to transport him? Its not like it's Boba Fetts thing to do that or am I wrong? Because right now it just feel like a HEY REMEMBER WHEN HAN WAS PUT INTO CARBONITE then anything else.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
So this is bothering me. Wasn't Han only frozen in carbonite due to them being on bespin and it being continent at the time to transport him? Its not like it's Boba Fetts thing to do that or am I wrong? Because right now it just feel like a HEY REMEMBER WHEN HAN WAS PUT INTO CARBONITE then anything else.

Boba Fett disintegrates kills people, Darth Vader wanted to put Han on ice.

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Maybe it became a thing with bounty hunters after they learned about it from Boba Fett and Jabba?

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan

When Vader and Fett put Han on ice the first time, they didn't know if it would kill him. Once they determined it didn't, and word got out, why wouldn't other bounty hunters use the same method? It's perfect for transporting their bounties and makes it impossible for them to fight back or run away.

Ichthyosaurus

Banned
Dec 26, 2018
When Vader and Fett put Han on ice the first time, they didn't know if it would kill him. Once they determined it didn't, and word got out, why wouldn't other bounty hunters use the same method? It's perfect for transporting their bounties and makes it impossible for them to fight back or run away.

My theory is it's Werner Herzog, or some other bad guy with resources.

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Boba Fett disintegrates kills people, Darth Vader wanted to put Han on ice.

Which is why I'm questioning its appearance in the trailer.

Maybe it became a thing with bounty hunters after they learned about it from Boba Fett and Jabba?

But they cant just take a quick fly to bespin or another gas planet with a prisoner in tow and bribe someone to use this huge ass machine can they?

Because its a method that requires a larger then room sized industrial machinery exists on Bespin. This is a seemingly specialized machine how will it be usable on demand without them just pulling a portable out of their ass?

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
IIRC carbonite was a thing during Old Republic times. Considering how open Lucasfilm has been to re-introducing TOR as canon then this should be a non issue. It's dumb retconning, but yeah.

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Wait, this is gonna work? Without a vpn?
I'm in the same boat - Germany is gonna get access somewhere in 2020 but I wanna watch this show and a lot of older content!
There will be ways to get it, I have already looked as they forgot the UK also.
I love that they are worried about piracy and yet pull this nonsense.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
not sure about vpn, but you would only need it to register.

Good to know, the Netherlands are in on day one, right?

There will be ways to get it, I have already looked as they forgot the UK also.
I love that they are worried about piracy and yet pull this nonsense.

I understand where they are coming from, as Netflix Germany has pretty much all the marvel movies and loads of Disney content that's potentially under contract for a long time, but at the same time it seems unbelievably stupid to pull this while looking at the GoT piracy numbers and establish that as the go to and only method to watch your shows for your worldwide audience from day 1.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno. Pre-1999 Star Wars was like this mythical, sacred thing. There had been 3 movies, and 1 main run of toys. It was a bit mysterious. Now Star Wars is just fucking EVERYWHERE.
You mean pre-1984.

Pre 1999 Star Wars had two animated series, two spin off Ewok live action films and thousands of novels and comics. And tons of video games.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Holy shit, didn't expect it to look that good.

Likely gonna have to wait till 2020 though :(

Laserdisk

Banned
May 11, 2018
UK
Good to know, the Netherlands are in on day one, right?

I understand where they are coming from, as Netflix Germany has pretty much all the marvel movies and loads of Disney content that's potentially under contract for a long time, but at the same time it seems unbelievably stupid to pull this while looking at the GoT piracy numbers and establish that as the go to and only method to watch your shows for your worldwide audience from day 1.
Ok so how about they put up the stuff they can day one, and put more on when they are able.....

The new stuff does not have rights issues, most of the old stuff doesn't either.

JDSN

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This looks like an internal pitch with all the Star Wars stuff and nothing on it's own to show. I get the protagonist is mandalorian but they don't have to go straight for the only mandalorian iconography they have.

Waste of a perfectly good Herzog and Pascal. I'm sure it's just for trailer purposes but ugh.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
One of my customers helped design the armour for this, as well as other props. Says he might be able to get me sommit. I'm so excited, lol.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks pretty cool but so did Cowboys and Aliens. Hopefully Favreau is better these days.

I hope my TV gets updated with the Disney + app or they release a dongle.

Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sold at all. It was a trailer full of Star Wars-y shit but Boba Fett is literally a non-character. Why am I watching this? To watch a glorified action figure do stuff?

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
This looks so good... I really missed seeing those iconic Star Wars aliens. As much as I say they need to move away from nostalgia, lol, I wish they hadn't pushed away from the alien designs that made the franchise famous. Loved seeing a Twi'Lek.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
Reminds me a lot of Rogue One, just generic Star Wars stuff. Doesn't really have my attention from that trailer so I'll wait on impressions

Mockerre

Story Director
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, the carbonite freeze. It was shown in ESB as an ad hoc, unproven dangerous method of imprisonment. The bounty hunter that was introduced to this was Boba Fett. Now a new bounty hunter on the same planet with the same armor transports prisoners the same exact way. So...

...it's either a retcon or it's Boba Fett. Can be both. I can totally see Favreau hand waiving it "ah, they did it to Han, word spread, now they're doing it this way', which is fine, but why make a visually identical character do the same thing (other than nostalgia money ;)).

SArcher

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Eventually, but they still have licensing agreements with Netflix for most marvel movies.

Disney+ will only have Iron Man 1-3, Thor TDW (which, really, is all that matters anyway), Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, and everything starting with Thor Ragnarok (except for the Spider-Man movies). The Incredible Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Avengers, Age of Ultron, Ant-Man, Captain America Civil War, Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy 2 are presumably tied up with Netflix.

Same thing with Harry Potter, it won't be on HBO Max. NBCUniversal (who will be coming out with their own streaming service) has exclusive TV rights (on-air and digital) until 2025.