• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MagicHobo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really see any other way to do it personally.. seems like it's gunna be opening crawl. But maybe they'll do something special or actually change the opening of the film somehow.
Can you imagine if, like all the movies after the opening crawl when the camera sweeps down through space and the music transitions, it swells into Leia's theme? Maybe they launch a casket into space and that's what they sweep to, or maybe it's a like a space procession? Hooooh boy.

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Do the more hardcore fans feel that Yoda acts out of character in this film?

I haven't watched the OT in years, but...wasn't Yoda only acting quirky/crazy as a way of testing Luke? I just watched some old scenes again and his entire temperament immediately changes when he properly reveals himself as a Jedi Master.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
In the aftermath novels it was revealed that jar jar was exiled from naboo, and he was living out his days as a street bum entertaining children doing silly skits.
Dang that's....really depressing. I thought he was annoying but I definitely wouldn't want that happening to him. Did he cause too many accidents or something? Or was it because technically he gave the chancellor emergency powers which started the Clone Wars?
I read 25-30 min of deleted scenes.
giphy.gif

I need that 4K release ASAP!

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
anyone want to take a stab at the opening crawl for episode 9. I would but i'm a terrible writer
STAR WARS

EPISODE IX
RESURRECTION of EXTINCT MIDICHLORIANS

LEIA IS DEAD....

It's the end of the galaxy as we know it but Kylo Ren feels fine
It started with an earthquake, porgs, snakes and X-Wings
And yet Rey was not afraid

Yoda went walking with the staff of wood.
Meanwhile Chewie got beaned by the droid good and Endor was troubled by the horrible Vesp
Finally, General Armitage Hux had the gall to ask:

Rose did you hear about this one? (The total enslavement of her home planet)
Finn are you locked in the punch? (Captured and forced to fight a very not dead Captain Phasma every day)
Poe are goofing on Sy Snootles (Also captured and forced to perform in The First Order's Cabaret)
Are we having fun?

But Radio Free Resistance has been established
Rey is in the corner and in the spotlight
Losing her Religion
Trying to keep up with the First Order

Going Out to ...
The one she loves.
The one she left behind

Last edited:

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Rather than saying there were deleted scenes, they said there were deleted sequences. Hopefully they release all of them and don't cockblock us like they did with TFA.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rather than saying there were deleted scenes, they said there were deleted sequences. Hopefully they release all of them and don't cockblock us like they did with TFA.
Eh? They released all the deleted scenes for TFA. There werent really that many. Some were on the second DVD/Bluray release with the audio commentary. But all we were aware of got out.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I remember that there was one deleted scene in Revenge of the Sith that isn't in any of the DVD or Blu-ray releases as far as I know. The only way to see it is by playing the video game. It's the one with Count Dooku.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Just got back from seeing this a second time with family. Still loved it! I'm pretty all Star Wars'd out now which is probably not the worst thing if Solo is truly going to end up a disaster like people are anticipating. Porgs are like minions / rabbids except I can actually get behind them. Gosh.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Eh? They released all the deleted scenes for TFA. There werent really that many. Some were on the second DVD/Bluray release with the audio commentary. But all we were aware of got out.
We never got Maz using the Force, we got parts of it, but not the whole scene. We never got the constable Zuvio scene. Maz handing Leia the Lightsaber. Rey meeting Poe.

Those are the ones I remember.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
It was really neat.... it was a nice display of Rian noticing things... cause I hadn't realized either
I mean yeah that's totally fine. Cause they finally met and that's nice.

But I can't believe that Rey didn't talk to Poe at all during the time she was with the Resistance. I mean yeah the time she spent there was short but she wouldn't be someone that no one pays attention to. Ditto with Poe.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017

But I can't believe that Rey didn't talk to Poe at all during the time she was with the Resistance. I mean yeah the time she spent there was short but she wouldn't be someone that no one pays attention to. Ditto with Poe.

They basically landed, R2-D2 woke up and she was off...

That was the first scene they were together in.

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

What's this "time she was with the Resistance"? Rey gets off Jakku, runs around with Finn, gets captured by the FO, and after the rescue she takes off in the Falcon to see Luke.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I want to know how the movie originally played out when Rey and Finn meet. If I remember correctly, Rey beating up those guys was how Constable Zuvio shows up and Finn reacting was to something else? They spliced those scenes perfectly 'cus I would've never guessed they weren't supposed to be the same thing.

[edit]

I wonder what the scene Rian shot for IX is and if we will ever see it. Now that Trevorrow's script is dead, I'm guessing not. Also, I'm so glad Rian asked JJ to change it so Rey takes R2 and not BB-8 like JJ wanted originally. That great scene with Luke and R2 would've never happened, which was one of the better emotional scenes and really showed Mark's acting chops.

Last edited:

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I want to know how the movie originally played out when Rey and Finn meet. If I remember correctly, Rey beating up those guys was how Constable Zuvio shows up and Finn reacting was to something else? They spliced those scenes perfectly 'cus I would've never guessed they weren't supposed to be the same thing.

[edit]

I wonder what the scene Rian shot for IX is and if we will ever see it. Now that Trevorrow's script is dead, I'm guessing not. Also, I'm so glad Rian asked JJ to change it so Rey takes R2 and not BB-8 like JJ wanted originally. That great scene with Luke and R2 would've never happened, which was one of the better emotional scenes and really showed Mark's acting chops.

Plus taking BB-8 would have made no sense... it's Poe's droid.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Dang that's....really depressing. I thought he was annoying but I definitely wouldn't want that happening to him. Did he cause too many accidents or something? Or was it because technically he gave the chancellor emergency powers which started the Clone Wars?

giphy.gif

I need that 4K release ASAP!
It was heavily implied that he was blamed for giving rise to Palpatine.

Heelpop

Oct 28, 2017
Is there any deliberate mystery threads from TFA that Rian didn't follow on in TLJ? I can only think of Obi Wan's voice talking to Rey.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone else kind of wish we'd get an Asogian character pop up in the new movies? I mean probably not going to happen but it'd be nice.

For reference:
nBkgl9c.png

(Yes, it's E.T.'s alien race, from The Phantom Menance).

They made an appearance in the movie since Spielberg had Star Wars toys in E.T. Could definitely picture one fitting into a kind of Yoda like role down the line.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else kind of wish we'd get an Asogian character pop up in the new movies? I mean probably not going to happen but it'd be nice.

For reference:
nBkgl9c.png

They made an appearance in the movie since Spielberg had Star Wars toys in E.T. Could definitely picture one fitting into a kind of Yoda like role down the line.

Frankly? No.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles

I haven't watched the OT in years, but...wasn't Yoda only acting quirky/crazy as a way of testing Luke? I just watched some old scenes again and his entire temperament immediately changes when he properly reveals himself as a Jedi Master.

Yeah, a bit but Yoda's characterization varies from trilogy to trilogy.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
The main characters were meant to be Rey, Ben and Finn. Poe only turned into a main character when JJ decided not to waste him for good but didn't do much else with him for the film.

Yeah he was supposed to die on Jakku (I think?) at the beginning but Oscar Isaac being the charming acting stud that he is made then realize we need to keep him... and thank god for that.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
In the aftermath novels it was revealed that jar jar was exiled from naboo, and he was living out his days as a street bum entertaining children doing silly skits.

That reminds me that Jar Jar's actor tried to get Lucas to write a death scene for Jar Jar in ROTS. Anakin hacking Jar Jar to bits. I wonder how many people would've liked Anakin more for it.

Jar Jar Binks was played by Ahmed Best in the prequel trilogy and The Clone Warsanimated series. Viewer response to the character in Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace was deeply negative: Best stated the criticism "hurt me emotionally and it was hard to take at the time, [although] it wasn't debilitating for me. I just put my shoes on and went back to work." In response to the negativity, George Lucas jokingly titled the first draft of Episode II "Jar Jar's Great Adventure."

Thanks to the negative criticism that the character received in both The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, Ahmed Best recommended George Lucas during the development of Revenge of the Sith to kill off Jar Jar by writing Anakin Skywalker to hack Binks into pieces. Although Lucas rejected Best's idea, Jar Jar's role in the finished version of the film was just reduced to a cameo with two lines, however.

Deleted member 11039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
anyone want to take a stab at the opening crawl for episode 9. I would but i'm a terrible writer

Rey has returned to her home planet of Jakku in an attempt to rescue her friend BB-8 from the clutches of the vile junk boss Unkar Plutt.

Little does Rey know that the FIRST ORDER has secretly begun construction on a new armored space station even more powerful than the first dreaded Starkiller base.

When completed, this ultimate weapon will spell certain doom for the small band of resistance struggling to restore freedom to the galaxy...

PS Princess Leia is dead

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017

For reference:
nBkgl9c.png

No not at all

They are a fun little easter egg but there is absolutely no need for ET to suddenly be a weird part of the star wars canon is any substantial way

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Sure:

EPISODE IX

Years have passed since Jedi Master Luke Skywalker humiliated Kylo Ren and the First Order on Crait. The Resistance has blossomed and begun to retake territory in the name of the Republic. Kylo Ren, as new Supreme Leader, struggles to maintain control over the many systems under his rule.

Rey, seeking to learn more of the history of the Jedi Order, has left her allies behind and ventures towards the remains of Luke's Jedi Temple on Tatooine. With the Sacred Jedi Texts in her possession, she hopes she can discover how to further her own abilities and find a means to return Kylo Ren back to the light.

The Resistance, despite making progress on many fronts, suffers a major loss. General Leia Organa has passed on and become one with the Force. Now, Poe Dameron finds himself thrust into a position of leadership, and must bolster the morale of his forces in preparation for the next battle.

<I'd then have the movie start with a memorial for Leia, with Lando giving a brief speech, followed by Poe taking to the podium and trying to raise the spirits of the Resistance in preparation for a battle>

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I just realized

There's a lot of death in the ST. More so than any main characters from either trilogy, I think?

Each ST film will have had a bombshell death; Han, Luke, then Leia.
Depends on what you mean by main characters.

PT body count for fairly major characters:
  • Qui-Gon
  • Darth Maul
  • Shmi Skywalker
  • Jango Fett
  • Count Dooku
  • General Grievous
  • Mace Windu
  • Padme
And yeah in the OT, Owen, Beru, Obi-Wan, Jabba, Yoda, Anakin, and Palpatine.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Episode IX: End of the Old/New Beginning/Death of the Jedi/Return and Revenge/ Revenge of the Solo: Return of the Rey/ Revenge of Rey: Return of the Solo

THE SPARK HAS BEEN LIT! Though Luke Skywalker has died and and in the intervening years Leia has passed as well, it was not in vain. The Resistance has exploded in numbers and more join every day. Their successors, Rey and Poe, will carry on their fight against the last of the Skywalker line. But Rey has embarked on a mission to face Kylo Ren herself in a duel to the death.

Meanwhile Kylo Ren has reformed the First Order into a Second Empire. With Snoke dead, he has tightened his grip on power and the remaining galaxy as he prepares a large offense meant to take Coruscant and the leftover Star Systems to complete his mission to rule the galaxy and then finally he will crush the last of the Jedi.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I hope JJ wrote up some major bombshells for the next one.

I remember that Reddit post that spoiled the movie had a bunch of awesome things that could get spoiled while TFA really only had Kylo being Han's son and Han dying. IX better have a paragraph full of spoilable moments.

Deleted member 11039

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ep IX Spoiler

Rey has started training young broom boys and gals. Kylo goes to wipe them out and is killed by younglings.

Poetry. Rhymes.

Metallix87

User Requested Self-Ban
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Ep IX Spoiler

Rey has started training young broom boys and gals. Kylo goes to wipe them out and is killed by younglings.

Poetry. Rhymes.
I'm of the mindset that Kylo Ren will not die in Episode IX. I think the conclusion will be something poetic, like Rey using the Force to somehow sever Kylo's connection to the Force. Thus, he gets to live, but he'll truly never become as powerful as Darth Vader. We saw that this is possible, since Luke was able to cut himself off from the Force, and she's seen that something like it is possible.

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I hope JJ wrote up some major bombshells for the next one.

I remember that Reddit post that spoiled the movie had a bunch of awesome things that could get spoiled while TFA really only had Kylo being Han's son and Han dying. IX better have a paragraph full of spoilable moments.

Kylo was actually a Kenobi, entrusted to Han and Leia as a baby

Rey is Padme, revived with a robot heart to replace her broken one

Snoke? Actually thirty seven Porgs standing on eachothers' shoulders inside that robe

Deleted member 11039

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm of the mindset that Kylo Ren will not die in Episode IX. I think the conclusion will be something poetic, like Rey using the Force to somehow sever Kylo's connection to the Force. Thus, he gets to live, but he'll truly never become as powerful as Darth Vader.

My money is on Kylo self destructing, possibly taking down the FO with him.

I can't imagine a redemption or Rey triumphing in a standard fight.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017

Yoda always had a playful side, you can see that in the prequels at times. It seemed to me like since he became a ghost Yoda became much more zen and less uptight, that's all.

KYLO REN has taken control of the FIRST ORDER and is determined to dominate the galaxy. Many star systems have already bowed to him, but a brave few dare to resist.

Inspired by the legend of LUKE SKYWALKER, new allies from across the stars have joined the RESISTANCE, striving to restore the REPUBLIC and return peace to the galaxy.

Skywalker's final student, REY, leads a fledgling group of new heroes who hope to build a NEW JEDI ORDER and turn the tide against the darkness...

Last edited: