• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
"What scares the jedi?"

Ah once again another chance to bring up KOTOR 2, too easy, that was the story of the game, scared them more than the Sith.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, so does that mean the High Republic film with Yoda was cancelled?
The rumors weren't 100% correct, it first believed that a video game would be the first High Republic media out but that ended up not being the case.

The Yoda thing was a leaker speculating that Yoda could possibly show up in this time period but nothing about a Yoda film.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
'What scares the Jedi?"

um, the dark side. How is that a novel or interesting question lol

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
'Into the Dark' refers to when these two turn the lights off for the first sex scene of the book

ERmBFPEUcAY4cpl

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
So, there's
  • Young Adult novel
  • Middle Grade novel
  • IDW Publishing comic book series
  • Marvel comic book series
  • Adult novel
Not to hard to keep up with, but I don't see myself reading the novels.
Good time to recommend Star Wars audiobooks. They have licensed music and sound effects layered in nicely. Well produced way to read Star Wars.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has there ever been a Wookie Jedi Knight before?

Why is IDW publishing some of the comics? I thought Marvel was given an exclusive license.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
Oh good. This is what Star Wars needs, more Jedi and Force nonsense. Just do KOTOR era where the Sith has an army, or don't even bother. The whole Jedi and Force thing is so played out, stupid, and boring. Especially after Rise of Skywalker, it's just really hard to care when some characters are basically magic gods.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom

Why is IDW publishing some of the comics? I thought Marvel was given an exclusive license.

IDW have published a few younger-skewing Star Wars comic books, such as Star Wars Adventures, a tie in to Forces of Destiny and a new Clone Wars comic that starts in April.

They're clearly publishing the younger-skewing High Republic comics.

Deleted member 2229

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Oh good. This is what Star Wars needs, more Jedi and Force nonsense. Just do KOTOR era where the Sith has an army, or don't even bother. The whole Jedi and Force thing is so played out, stupid, and boring. Especially after Rise of Skywalker, it's just really hard to care when some characters are basically magic gods.
Nobody is making you read it.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017

"How dare Star Wars keep focusing on the thing that makes it Star Wars."

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Lowbacca aka the ONLY good character Kevin J Anderson made for Star Wars.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: Star Wars without Jedi and Force is generic, standard sci-fi that you can get from a hundred other franchises. If you want something else, go watch one of those other shows.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Also, I expect family drama (whole reason they did the Palpie/Ret thing and have been harping about bloodlines in different media is to take a GoT direction), lot of powerful families fighting each other, some Jon Snow joining the Jedi order or some such. Some White Walker threat. Full GoT.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna be day one on the Claudia Gray and Charles Soule books and the Marvel comic, I'll be skipping the kid centric stuff.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
'What scares the Jedi?"

As a design question after establishing what the galaxy is like, followed by what the jedi are like on top of probably explicitly not wanting to do anything sith related. It's a good question.
The most thematically interesting conflict in ROTJ is the one between Luke and Vader despite them literally having NO effect on the battle outside. It's not about the fact that some people can use the force, it's always about the characters. And jedi aren't gods, they're just as vulnerable as everyone else.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
'What scares the Jedi?"

If we're looking at the force as something that lives in all living things, is it too far fetched to say that the dark side (or darker side of the force) is subtly influencing the Nihl? Or rather does there need to actually be Jedi and Sith for there to be a dark side of the force and the light? Maybe they're still fearful of the dark side, but since there's no group of Sith or core dark-side users, they're more concerned over how the dark side is affecting the rest of the universe.

That's my sleep-deprived take on it, at least. It's what's made the most sense to me when tryna think of why the Nihl are the new baddies

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
Also, I expect family drama (whole reason they did the Palpie/Ret thing and have been harping about bloodlines in different media is to take a GoT direction), lot of powerful families fighting each other, some Jon Snow joining the Jedi order or some such. Some White Walker threat. Full GoT.

Rival houses is listed on their wish board, so I'd count on it.

As are dinosaurs!

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
It's damn Star Wars. I don't think this pitch they're selling is particularly exciting, but if you are straight-up not interested in the Force... what exactly are you looking for? Someone upthread complained about bounty hunters and scoundrels. There is nothing they can do to make everyone happy.

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If we're looking at the force as something that lives in all living things, is it too far fetched to say that the dark side (or darker side of the force) is subtly influencing the Nihl? Or rather does there need to actually be Jedi and Sith for there to be a dark side of the force and the light? Maybe they're still fearful of the dark side, but since there's no group of Sith or core dark-side users, they're more concerned over how the dark side is affecting the rest of the universe.

That's my sleep-deprived take on it, at least. It's what's made the most sense to me when tryna think of why the Nihl are the new baddies

I agree that as a driver to content you can and should explore the space, but I laugh at the way they present it in the video, at the very end, like its some breathtaking revelation that birthed this series.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Without force users, there is very little that differentiates Star Wars from any other sci-fi space opera. Kids love them, and this project seems to be very youth-focused.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe the great disaster is like some red wedding type event. Like, it has to be something smaller scale than what happens later in the timeline. Like how "Great" are we talking?

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
As far as what scares the Jedi, I hope the answer is more than resurgent Sith/Dark Side shenanigans. I think what the Jedi are actually scared of is a threat to their hegemony; something that challenges their deeply entrenched assumptions and ideals. The Jedi are a religious order. A loss of faith, within and without, should terrify them.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
And the Jedi Knights being actual Knights? We Game of Thrones now.

I know that they've said that the High Republic isn't attached to any planned movie productions, but I'm getting a strong feeling that the D&D production was probably going to tie into this in some fashion.

given we see that Jedi tower/space station in every frame the great disaster's mentioned, I'm expecting it to go boom.

I think the lighthouse still exists during the Skywalker Saga, going by recent comics, so probably not.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can totally see they putting Plagueis in there doing Sith secret shit.

PopQuiz

Dec 11, 2017
As far as what scares the Jedi, I hope the answer is more than resurgent Sith/Dark Side shenanigans. I think what the Jedi are actually scared of is a threat to their hegemony; something that challenges their deeply entrenched assumptions and ideals. The Jedi are a religious order. A loss of faith, within and without, should terrify them.
Force atheists, M'Lord Vader. *tips space fedora*

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
So youre sayin Martin Scorsese's Silence?