• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't actually know if that's true. Dooku was uniquely positioned, after all, thanks to being one of the most respected and trusted Jedi Masters as well as heir apparent to a powerful Outer Rim family.

I don't think Maul could've manipulated the Separatists the way Dooku did or if he would have even had knowledge of the clone army Sifo Dyas had arranged for, which of course Order 66 never could have happened without.

Palps didn't care much for Dooku but how much of the Clone Wars couldn't have happened without him?
Maul knew about the clone war plan, seeing as how he mentions to Savage that it started without him. I imagine that he would have served a role similar to Grievous, i.e. a military commander. They could still use Dooku as the charismatic figurehead, only difference is that he doesn't become Palpatine's apprentice.

This is literally where the fun begins.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so glad Maul will have one last appearance as he's my favorite Star Wars character. He'll probably lose but that's his job description.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So some merch from Ashley Eckstein's clothing line might have spoiled something thats towards the end of the arc:

ax8suby5ueu41.jpg

The description reads:
"Show your true allegiance to the dark side of the Force in this athletic jersey tank! Darth Vader makes a statement in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, just like this tank will in your closet."

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
So some merch from Ashley Eckstein's clothing line might have spoiled something thats towards the end of the arc:

The description reads:
"Show your true allegiance to the dark side of the Force in this athletic jersey tank! Darth Vader makes a statement in Star Wars: The Clone Wars, just like this tank will in your closet."
Hype rising

PertinentNauticalCanine-small.gif

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)

ax8suby5ueu41.jpg

The description reads:

The waiting is killing me!

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just got around to watching the latest episode, holy shit this the best thing I could have ever hoped for the start of the last arc of CW. Why can't the movies be this good?

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Imagine telling someone back when ROTS came out that actually around the same time the movie was happening Darth Maul returned, took over Mandalore, and is fighting Anakin's former apprentice.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ax8suby5ueu41.jpg

The description reads:

No fuckin' way.

So Darth Vader is going to be in the final episode? They say he makes a "statement", so is he going to get a Rogue One moment?

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's so clear they spent the lion's share of their budget on this arc. I imagine that's why they had to go with near-done and/or sucky arcs earlier on this season.

Sharpeye

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Barriss Offee is also a loose end that has yet to be taken care of or addressed over all these years. I wonder if they'll just make her an inquisitor as everyone theorized.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's so clear they spent the lion's share of their budget on this arc. I imagine that's why they had to go with near-done and/or sucky arcs earlier on this season.
There were other arcs closer to done than the Ahsoka arc, of which they also heavily changed from the original plan they had for that arc. Only the first episode of it had made it to the preliminary animation stage, and that is the only one that is pretty close to their original plan for the arc.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There were other arcs closer to done than the Ahsoka arc, of which they also heavily changed from the original plan they had for that arc. Only the first episode of it had made it to the preliminary animation stage, and that is the only one that is pretty close to their original plan for the arc.
Yeah, but that one reused a ton of assets, including having basically interchangeable, generic Pykes and Mandalorians. It also had very little in terms of choreography and not much in terms of settings.

TheLastYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
I watched all of Clone Wars and I am all caught up on this season but I am only at the halfway mark of Season 2... is there any indication that tonight's episode will be rewarding for those who are caught up on Rebels? I might wait until I catch up before I watch tonight's episode if that's the case.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I watched all of Clone Wars and I am all caught up on this season but I am only at the halfway mark of Season 2... is there any indication that tonight's episode will be rewarding for those who are caught up on Rebels? I might wait until I catch up before I watch tonight's episode if that's the case.

You're probably fine without it?? Unless they throw is some cameo appearances, there were a couple in the first episode of the arc.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Finish season 2 of Rebels which should make the next episode more rewarding.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Rebels is set many years after TCW and ROTS. This season/Clone Wars in general is not assuming you have seen Rebels at all. There are a couple of small easter eggs (like padwan Kanan) for people who have in fact seen Rebels, but these are very blink and you miss it little things that don't have an effect on the story being told here at all. Therefore, watching Rebels really won't illuminate anything in tonight's episodes. In fact, if you haven't seen all of Rebels yet I am of the opinion that you should just wait. They do talk in that show about the end of The Clone Wars, which this arc is depicting, and actually seeing these things play out is going to give you a different sort of context for viewing those Rebels scenes versus having seen the Rebels stuff first (which you already haven't) and knowing a few things have to happen in this arc.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I should check this show out...
Do it. If you aren't feeling it when you start, follow this:

fqSCqkb5bQwOcyU1BOl76LXpCwoP1cj1VCqx4FgzuE4.jpg

Watch all highlighted recommended episodes AND the "Honorable Mentions" episodes. Skip the episodes that aren't marked at all. Also I'd recommend skipping the pilot movie, just know Anakin is given an apprentice named Ahsoka (The orange alien girl).

CKT

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 1, 2020

Watch all highlighted recommended episodes AND the "Honorable Mentions" episodes. Skip the episodes that aren't marked at all. Also I'd recommend skipping the pilot movie, just know Anakin is given an apprentice named Ahsoka (The orange alien girl).

Thanks! was hoping for something exactly like this.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hate that watch list.
Watch lists are for cowards. Watch the whole show. Shitty Jar-Jar arcs in all
Hear hear

If you've got the time, just do the whole thing; even the "bad" eps and arcs are flush with personality and are entertaining in their own way.

Like, is R2 and 3PO basically doing Star Wars Gulliver's Travels relevant to the Clone Wars as a whole? Nope, but it's still a fun and weird arc.
People say this type of thing all the time, but the vast majority of people that have followed the watch list, in my experience, end up getting into the show and loving it. People who just decide to watch everything (with a lot of not great stuff being pretty front loaded) it's more 50-50. That watch list works. You can't make people enjoy or not be repulsed by the crappy Jar Jar, droid, Stinky the Hutt stuff.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
People say this type of thing all the time, but the vast majority of people that have followed the watch list, in my experience, end up getting into the show and loving it. People who just decide to watch everything (with a lot of not great stuff being pretty front loaded) it's more 50-50. That watch list works. You can't make people enjoy or not be repulsed by the crappy Jar Jar, droid, Stinky the Hutt stuff.

I'm not saying the watch list doesn't work, I'm saying that watching the whole thing provides for a richer, fuller experience than just keeping to some subjective "essential" list. Yeah, there's a bigger chance of falling off, but seeing it through gives one a more comprehensive and developed view of the show.

But, again, if you don't have the time to do that, 100% just do the big arcs.

Lionheart360

Oct 27, 2017
That watch-list leaves out Maul's Return Arc from Season 4. How in the world can can a competent TCW watch-list leave out a story arc so essential to the overall plotline?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying the watch list doesn't work, I'm saying that watching the whole thing provides for a richer, fuller experience than just keeping to some subjective "essential" list. Yeah, there's a bigger chance of falling off, but seeing it through gives one a more comprehensive and developed view of the show.

But, again, if you don't have the time to do that, 100% just do the big arcs.
People who fall in love with the series can always go back and watch the stuff they missed. It's an anthology show anyways. Not all of the episodes are in chronological order even in a normal watch. And the knowledge people have at any one time has been even more compounded now with people watching Rebels before this last season of Clone Wars, or in the future people watching this new season of Clone Wars before they ever touch Rebels.

That watch-list leaves out Maul's Return Arc from Season 4. How in the world can can a competent TCW watch-list leave out a story arc so essential to the overall plotline?
Except it doesn't. Whoever made that list was dumb and made a distinction between essential and "honorable mention" episodes. But they are still pointed out. And every time I post that list, just like I did in that post, I point out how you need to include the Honorable Mentions in your watch.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, watching everything turned me off of the show several times.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone will hate on this but this is my watch list.

2.12. The Mandalore Plot
2.13. Voyage of Temptation
2.14. Duchess of Mandalore

1.05. Rookies

2.16. Cat and Mouse
1.16. The Hidden Enemy

1.02. Rising Malevolence
1.03. Shadow of Malevolence
1.04. Destroy Malevolence

1.09. Cloak of Darkness

2.04. Senate Spy

2.05. Landing at Point Rain
2.06. Weapons Factory
2.07. Legacy of Terror
2.08. Brain Invaders

2.18. The Zillo Beast
2.19. The Zillo Beast Strikes Back

2.20. Death Trap
2.21. R2 Come Home
2.22. Lethal Crackdown

2.09. Grievous Intrigue
2.10. The Deserter

3.10. Heroes on Both Sides
3.11. Pursuit of Peace

3.12. Nightsisters
3.13. Monster
3.14. Witches of the Mist

3.15. Overlords
3.16. Altar of Mortis
3.17. Ghosts of Mortis

3.18. The Citadel
3.19. Counterattack
3.20. Citadel Rescue

3.21. Padawan Lost
3.22. Wookiee Hunt

4.07. Darkness on Umbara
4.08. The General
4.09. Plan of Dissent
4.10. Carnage of Krell

4.11. Kidnapped
4.12. Slaves of the Republic
4.13. Escape from Kadavo

4.14. A Friend in Need

4.15. Deception
4.16. Friends and Enemies
4.17. The Box
4.18. Crisis on Naboo

4.19. Massacre
4.21. Brothers
4.22. Revenge

5.02. A War on Two Fronts
5.03. Front Runners
5.04. The Soft War
5.05. Tipping Points

5.01. Revival
5.14. Eminence
5.15. Shades of Reason
5.16. The Lawless

5.17. Sabotage
5.18. The Jedi Who Knew Too Much
5.19. To Catch a Jedi
5.20. The Wrong Jedi

6.05. An Old Friend
6.06. The Rise of Clovis
6.07. Crisis at the Heart

6.01. The Unknown
6.02. Conspiracy
6.03. Fugitive
6.04. Orders

6.10. The Lost Ones
6.11. Voics
6.12. Destiny
6.13. Sacrifice

7.01. The Bad Batch
7.02. A Distant Echo
7.03. On the Wings of Keeradaks
7.04. Unfinished Business

7.09. Old Friends Not Forgotten

And random thought, I would cast Lee Seydoux as Satine in live action.

Last edited:

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017

fqSCqkb5bQwOcyU1BOl76LXpCwoP1cj1VCqx4FgzuE4.jpg

I hate this guide so much....
Can someone please make one that includes all the honorable mentions as "must watch" along with the highlighted ones?
Also update it to include the final season episodes.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I feel like they got to address Bariss at some point.

And not in some lame "she's completely fallen to the darkside/is one of vader's cronies" way

Girl is the Yin to Ahsoka's Yang