• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
So it seems like a number of S1-6 action scenes were darkened and/or had their saber core trails excised on D+ (presumably due to epilepsy concerns).

HXV1vKv.png

wVR7LPY.png

Looks pretty trippy in motion, though.

8IxAEDz.gif

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
So it seems like a number of S1-6 action scenes were darkened and/or had their saber core trails excised on D+ (presumably due to epilepsy concerns).

HXV1vKv.png

wVR7LPY.png

8IxAEDz.gif

I binge watched Rebels over the last week and noticed something like this too. Hadn't watched the show before so didn't know if that was how it was supposed to look. Seemed like someone darkened the entire screen during flashing/strobe sequences.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I thought that was an encoding issue, and/or an issue with my TV.

Yeah, it's present across both Clone Wars and Rebels. I'm pretty sure there's an accompanying drop in frame rate as well.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017

HXV1vKv.png

wVR7LPY.png

8IxAEDz.gif
I think it's for light sensitivity. The same thing happens in Rebels, when there's a lightsaber with a dark background spinning around a lot. Don't remember seeing in TCW on Netflix, but it's unmistakable on Rebels D+. (Haven't seen any TCW on D+ yet.)

It's jarring, but I get it.

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
The CW epilepsy edit doesn´t look half bad. On a related note. I rewatched all the Alien/Predator films last week. Alien 1 needs its very own anti-seizure cut.

S07 goes on in these 4 canon eps (it´s in English) now that Bad Batch is done and they set up the Death Star, kinda:
www.youtube.com

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Legacy | Capitulo 1 | Muerte En Utapau | Subtitulado Español Latino HD

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Legacy [E01 - Muerte en Utapau][Sub Español] FUENTE: Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg4FoXJQE08&list=PL56HvPdcoDBawjnfYPwN9...

and more importantly this canon Maul comic:
www.youtube.com

Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir #1 (Audio Comic)

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/thecomicexperienceLooking for the older version of this video? Click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS6fUz2He8I After...
He just disappears after the opening arc of S05 and S07 obviously can´t solve his gap with only 2 arcs left. This is the missing link.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if we'll see Echo and the Bad Batch again during the Mandalore siege.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao goddamn Anakin. Threatened to kill him unless he got the info, got the info, and then killed him anyway.

Glad we finished that arc. I loved the Clone drama but it felt like it wasn't pushing the overall narrative forward. Great episode anyway.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
The Bad Batch is what would happen if you put Halo spartans into SW. OP as fuck lmao. Also Anakin is a savage. This is most definitely Darth Vader in his prime.
OhZ2s83.png

Honestly, it says so much
That there are multiple characters who we know CAN'T die and yet we worry for them anyway.
This show's writing. 🙏

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
These last two episodes had some really fantastically directed action set pieces.

While I did enjoy all the episodes, I'm also glad we're done with this arc.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
So the one part I didn't get is why Tranch
still consulted the algorithm when they knew it had been compromised. In fact shouldn't the system have been broken when echo was removed?

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So the one part I didn't get is why Tranch
still consulted the algorithm when they knew it had been compromised. In fact shouldn't the system have been broken when echo was removed?

As I understood it they had some residual data from the algorithms Echo previously gave them under captive to construct what could be an effective plan against the Jedi. They were desperate.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017

HXV1vKv.png

wVR7LPY.png

8IxAEDz.gif
That's pretty ridiculous, I noticed this issue watching the series.

The Bad Batch is what would happen if you put Halo spartans into SW. OP as fuck lmao. Also Anakin is a savage. This is most definitely Darth Vader in his prime.

Honestly, it says so much
That there are multiple characters who we know CAN'T die and yet we worry for them anyway.
This show's writing. 🙏
I was thinking more of a Team Fortress 2 team. And yeah, another really great Anakin moment. Love how he kills without a second thought.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Can we talk about how good this season looks? That last episode had moments where I swear the clones with the orange in their armor looked better than they did in Episode 3. The lighting just seems like it's on another level. I really appreciate the work that went into this.

Also loved seeing Anakin have a little dark side moment. That's helping to tie things together.

I'm really going to miss this show when this season is over. It's really been great.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Why Windu had to flex on the droids like that, this dude seriously counted how many droids he killed.

That one droid was feeling legit fear lol, the SW universe is way overdue for a massive droid uprising. Don't @ me about Solo, I didn't watch that shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
For a short season of a final season, last 4 episodes felt like filler.
Bad Batch was already pretty far along pre-cancellation, so it was a logical candidate for completion, but I imagine the characters will likely pop up in the Mandalore arc so they felt compelled to complete it to ensure folks watch it, rather than leaving it incomplete but watchable like say, Crystal Crisis.

The next two arcs are the real meat of the season.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

HXV1vKv.png

wVR7LPY.png

8IxAEDz.gif

I knew it looked weird!

Not the most consequential arc, but the action is top-tier Star Wars, and I like Echo's ending. Anakin is a beast.

So is Tartakovsky Clone Wars secretly canon again, or was Windu's kill count in that more like millions?

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I agree with some of the posts that said this arc felt a bit like filler. However, there was a lot of good stuff throughout the arc, in general, that made it feel worth it. The Bad Batch are pretty great, the sequence between Anakin/Padme and Obi-Wan, the action set pieces in episode 3 and 4, and Anakin's interaction with Trench.

Couldn't be more excited for episode 5.

Oct 25, 2017
How does this feel like filler? It's an anthology show, and Domino Squad has been a very important part of it. What plot line does it need to be advancing to not be considered filler?

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
How does this feel like filler? It's an anthology show, and Domino Squad has been a very important part of it. What plot line does it need to be advancing to not be considered filler?

Yeah, I don't understand how this could possibly be considered filler, especially since it adds a lot to the characters' ongoing stories, links up with past ones and could possibly lead to future plotlines even outside of TCW.

"Filler" in TCW is something like Mercy Mission and Nomad Droids from season 4. C'mon guys...

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't understand how this could possibly be considered filler, especially since it adds a lot to the characters' ongoing stories, links up with past ones and could possibly lead to future plotlines even outside of TCW.

"Filler" in TCW is something like Mercy Mission and Nomad Droids from season 4. C'mon guys...
Yeah, people saying this have no idea what they're talking about or something? It even prominently featured Anakin. Do people think if it isn't Ahsoka focused it's filler? I don't get it. She is going to be at the forefront of the rest of the season anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, people saying this have no idea what they're talking about or something? It even prominently featured Anakin. Do people think if it isn't Ahsoka focused it's filler? I don't get it. She is going to be at the forefront of the rest of the season anyway.

Yeah, this arc had more of Anakin's not so subtle dark side turn so the filler complaints seem really weird to me. I was wondering if it was because of no Ahsoka too, but she's not even in season 6 so is that entire season filler?

Oct 25, 2017

Sorry for the DP, but I just finished those episodes and yeah. That's what filler in this show looks like. The only good part of Mercy Mission is the clones that are just not fucking happy to be stuck in that plot

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
I really enjoyed this arc. I was happy for Rex to get a happy ending for a change and Echo to have a team to be with.

Dark Anakin was a nice addition. I wish the Utapau arc got redone as I only watched that for the first time a few weeks ago and I wish it had the same level of polish as the Bad Batch arc.

Cocksman

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
new season hasn't done much for me so far. then again , the clone centric episodes were always my least favorite. Looking forward to the Maul arc.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I'm not too excited about the next/remaining two arcs being heavily focused on Ahsoka. I'd prefer it to solely focus on Anakin and Obi-Wan and the Battle of Coruscant. A whole arc about Ahsoka in the Coruscant underworld seems like a waste.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I'm not too excited about the next/remaining two arcs being heavily focused on Ahsoka. I'd prefer it to solely focus on Anakin and Obi-Wan and the Battle of Coruscant. A whole arc about Ahsoka in the Coruscant underworld seems like a waste.
This thread has taught me that no matter what arcs they went with, there would be people who complained.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
This is why streaming ultimately sucks and that physical media via BD or UHD will always prevail in my eyes. None of that lightsaber lighting adjustment bullshit.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
This is why streaming ultimately sucks and that physical media via BD or UHD will always prevail in my eyes. None of that lightsaber lighting adjustment bullshit.
Obviously physical media is better quality but I don't think this is a reason to say one is better than the other, it's not a common change on streaming at all.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Obviously physical media is better quality but I don't think this is a reason to say one is better than the other, it's not a common change on streaming at all.

Well there's a little more to it. It's just another niggling issue that I've added to my grievances regarding streaming in general. The Disney Plus app also hasn't been working well for me at all on the PS4. Constant disconnections and delays/slowdowns while watching content. I don't know if it's just the app on the PS4 or what because it works fine on my phone.

In any case, I hope The Mandalorian and TCW get physical releases.