• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Apparently Filoni was insistent on removing the Padme gunship art scene, because he was upset she featured so little in the actual season, he didn't want that to be how she was represented in it.

It was certainly comedic, but it was only a funny gag, and would have been tonally super super jarring coming right so close to Revenge of the Sith

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently Filoni was insistent on removing the Padme gunship art scene, because he was upset she featured so little in the actual season, he didn't want that to be how she was represented in it.

It was certainly comedic, but it was only a funny gag, and would have been tonally super super jarring coming right so close to Revenge of the Sith

Not surprising really, they were already getting rid of most of that kinda stuff
latest

towards the end anyway

Though you gotta love this from Rebels on Hera's A-Wing
wbO24cqJ8Ns8nsIFHHz3BE1fTjxxmwwQ0CfIk5fHbJs.jpg

Last edited:

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
You can definitely tell that this is ROTS times because Anakin didn't notice that Padme, a woman with an enlarged stomach who's literally holding her belly is clearly pregnant. In the same way that he didn't notice that Palpatine, a dude telling him a sith legend, is a Sith Lord.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
You can definitely tell that this is ROTS times because Anakin didn't notice that Padme is clearly pregnant, in the same way that has didn't notice that Palpatine, a dude telling him a sith legend, is a Sith Lord.
Like I said in an earlier post in this thread. ROTS made Darth Vader, a super smart villain who almost destroyed the Rebel Alliance, a really dumb person.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Like I said in an earlier post in this thread. ROTS made Darth Vader, a super smart villain who almost destroyed the Rebel Alliance, a really dumb person.
Literally almost everyone got hit by the stupid stick in ROTS. And the one storyline where a character seemingly dodged that stick and would've created an alliance in secret that led to the rebellion and overall fall of the empire got her storyline massively cut down and replaced with....many scenes of her standing and looking worried.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, she doesn't look that pregnant. Can you imagine how awkward it would be if Anakin was like "Wow Padme, are you pregnant???" and she was like "Um, seriously? I've put on some weight lately, jackass"

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
Literally almost everyone got hit by the stupid stick in ROTS. And the one storyline where a character seemingly dodged that stick and would've created an alliance in secret that led to the rebellion and overall fall of the empire got her storyline massively cut down and replaced with....many scenes of her standing and looking worried.
Yeah so dumb. It would be such a good idea to have Padme come up with the idea of the Alliance to Restore the Republic. It would also fix the plothole that Leia knows the face of her mom. Padme could've died in an accident on Alderaan a few years after ROTS and there wouldn't be a plothole at all.

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I just want them to remake the PT with Clone Wars characterizations. Put them all together and make it work.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Loved today's episode.
Seeing them take on the droid walkers was the highlight for me.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Another awesome episode. Anakin was especially badass in this episode. Taking out the walkers, then that flip and the force push had me like :O

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, that was certainly an action-focused ep. Like how comparatively-alien the Techno Union droids (like, right down to the voices, which are actually kinda call-back-ish to the battle droids in TPM and AOTC) are to the regular Confederacy droids.

GS_Dan

Oct 30, 2017
I was kinda hoping for a "they fly now?!", but I guess RoS came out too recently

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The plot armor was thick this episode. The droids could have easily slaughtered them in a crossfire.

Or the fact they just never get hit despite just standing there shooting back.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
The plot armor was thick this episode. The droids could have easily slaughtered them in a crossfire.

Or the fact they just never get hit despite just standing there shooting back.
I also noticed that in the first two episodes. The droids are way more passive than in previous seasons which is just weird. We already know that most characters live after the war so I don't really mind.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
So, we're all pretty sure Echo betrays them, right?

Probably? On a similar note, I love that TCW showed several Jedi -- mainly Krell and Barriss -- accurately foreseeing that the Jedi and the Republic would ultimately fail. That Krell just up and went "Fuck it, guess I'm a Dark Sider now" made it less of a moral gray area, but no other show except Better Call Saul so successfully examines Pyrrhic victories and looming tragedy.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As much as I'm enjoying these first four episodes, I'm excited to get past them and onto brand new material that we haven't seen before.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
dtb14an.png

7dKB24R.png

u5c4nI1.png

GODDAMNNNNNN this show's visuals.

And it's not even just the quality of the rendering, the animation quality, camera work and editing is top notch.

SpyGuy

Oct 30, 2017
Man the first two episodes have animation and "cinematography" on the next level. Some tracking shots during the battle with the clones?!????!
Blown away.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Anakin singlehandedly taking down a walker >>>>>>

This really gave me 2005 Clone Wars vibes, with the native planet people vs the Separatists, Wat Tambor, Anakin being awesome, the Separatists experimenting on people.

Now if only the remaining episodes could focus on the Outer Rim Sieges and the Battle of Coruscant.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man going from this I went to watch some scenes from ROTS and the part where Anakin pushes Mace Windu out a window and becomes Darth Vader.

The transition is so quick it gave me whiplash.

Dude went from distraught that he killed one Jedi to two minutes later being willing to kill all of the Jedi to save Padme.

It's insane. I can't reconcile the incredible characterization The Clone Wars has done even with the set up of darker sides of Anakin with the Anakin we see in ROTS. Thsi is especially true considering we're so close to the movies in the timeline now. Clone Wars Anakin is confident, cocky, and charming while ROTS Anakin is whiny, full of self doubt, and incredibly entitled.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Man going from this I went to watch some scenes from ROTS and the part where Anakin pushes Mace Windu out a window and becomes Darth Vader.

Dude went from distraught that he killed one Jedi to two minutes later being willing to kill all of the Jedi to save Padme.

It's insane. I can't reconcile the incredible characterization The Clone Wars has done even with the set up of darker sides of Anakin with the Anakin we see in ROTS. Thsi is especially true considering we're so close to the movies in the timeline now. Clone Wars Anakin is confident, cocky, and charming while ROTS Anakin is whiny, full of self doubt, and incredibly entitled.
Literally the same though, watched ROTS two nights ago and it's like, fuck, Anakin in the CW is literally a completely different person not due to circumstance but due to the incredibly poor writing and acting direction of the sequels. Hell, Obi-wan and Padme too. Like if Disney announced an animated ROTS remake directed by Dave Filoni and his team that outright replaced the events of that film I wouldn't bat an eye.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The way that I always reconcile this stuff is that the dark side is like a dark, evil cloud that you allow to enter yourself, and when you do, it immediately and completely corrupts you into a different person. Occasionally a small vestige of your past self might poke through, but otherwise they're gone, and your new personality consumes you.

It's your fault for letting it in, but what happens afterwards is like a different person. This is also why it's "okay" that someone like Anakin or Ben Solo can be "redeemed." It's their fault for turning to the dark side, but all the stuff they did while "under the influence" wasn't necessarily them, if that makes sense.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017

I just watched ROTS a week ago and it's more apparent than ever how fast the turn is. Like I've said before, he should have at least actually killed Windu, to see his first Jedi kill and give him more of a sense of no going back, rather than cutting off Windu's hand to going straight to killing younglings.

In The Clone Wars I would have had Anakin stay on Umbara to be in conflict with General Krell, and I'd change ROTS to be about a full out Jedi rebellion/civil war, with the Jedi actually trying to take control of the Senate and Palpatine assigning Anakin to crush the rebellion.

Oct 25, 2017
Literally the same though, watched ROTS two nights ago and it's like, fuck, Anakin in the CW is literally a completely different person not due to circumstance but due to the incredibly poor writing and acting direction of the sequels. Hell, Obi-wan and Padme too. Like if Disney announced an animated ROTS remake directed by Dave Filoni and his team that outright replaced the events of that film I wouldn't bat an eye.

Yeah, I tried watching ROTS again thinking it might go over better after I watched TCW and everyone just feels like a completely different character from the show. I love how subtle Filoni writes Anakin's slipping to the dark side moments and it just feels so much more natural than what we got in ROTS. This is one of my favorite moments from TCW.

Senator dude sets up this whole moral conundrum for Satine and Obi-Wan and has them both seriously considering the implications of killing him, only for Anakin to casually stroll in and stab him through the chest and be all "What's the big deal, dudes?" The thing I like so much about it is that Anakin is in the right here, but the way he just does it without a second thought while Obi-wan and Satine are sitting here weighing the implications is just great.

tata toothy

Dec 24, 2017
I'd like to see live action Star Wars attempt more alien-looking planets again like some of the ones you see in Clone Wars.

Tegami

Oct 25, 2017
Re: Anakin's characterization. I really really really wished they'd kept the Utapau episodes that we have a story reel of. I watched that immediately after season 6 and it felt like such a strong bridge between CW and ROTS.
At that point for me I had gone straight from watching Ahsoka leave Anakin and the Jedi Order to diving right into a new Anakin in the Utapau episodes. Anakin is so dark in them. He's irritable, impatient, trigger happy, violent, and even a little sadistic. It felt like a natural progression for him to lash out after experiencing abandonment again from another significant female presence in his life. I hope we see that side of Anakin appear in a different episode in the season because I think it would help make his portrayal in ROTS a little more digestible.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So I'm guessing the TechnoUnion tech they used on Echo is what evolves into the 'Lobot' stuff the Empire and criminals are developing by the times Rebels comes around.
Also the horrifying 'Decraniated' people that appear briefly in Solo and Rogue One.
(Their brain is totally removed and replaced with that of a droid).

latest

It's probably the most disturbing concept in Star Wars that seems to get thrown into new canon materials, but never fully inspected or discussed.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
The way the villagers were gunned down was terrifying, probably helps how less humanoid these droids look.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
The way that I always reconcile this stuff is that the dark side is like a dark, evil cloud that you allow to enter yourself, and when you do, it immediately and completely corrupts you into a different person. Occasionally a small vestige of your past self might poke through, but otherwise they're gone, and your new personality consumes you.

It's your fault for letting it in, but what happens afterwards is like a different person. This is also why it's "okay" that someone like Anakin or Ben Solo can be "redeemed." It's their fault for turning to the dark side, but all the stuff they did while "under the influence" wasn't necessarily them, if that makes sense.

I actually see the dark side like this too. There has always been talk of how it can corrupt people. That's how I've always looked at the dark side since I was a kid. I think Obi-Wan even talks to Luke about it that way. Something like "the man that was your father ceased to exist." I can't remember the exact quote. I think it's in RoTJ when they are on Dagobah.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm guessing the TechnoUnion tech they used on Echo is what evolves into the 'Lobot' stuff the Empire and criminals are developing by the times Rebels comes around.
Also the horrifying 'Decraniated' people that appear briefly in Solo and Rogue One.
(Their brain is totally removed and replaced with that of a droid).

latest

It's probably the most disturbing concept in Star Wars that seems to get thrown into new canon materials, but never fully inspected or discussed.

These guys were actually developed by Dr. Evazan, the criminal surgeon guy from ANH who picks the fight with Luke in the cantina. He pops up as a villain in the Doctor Aphra comics.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Re: Anakin's characterization. I really really really wished they'd kept the Utapau episodes that we have a story reel of. I watched that immediately after season 6 and it felt like such a strong bridge between CW and ROTS.
At that point for me I had gone straight from watching Ahsoka leave Anakin and the Jedi Order to diving right into a new Anakin in the Utapau episodes. Anakin is so dark in them. He's irritable, impatient, trigger happy, violent, and even a little sadistic. It felt like a natural progression for him to lash out after experiencing abandonment again from another significant female presence in his life. I hope we see that side of Anakin appear in a different episode in the season because I think it would help make his portrayal in ROTS a little more digestible.

Wait, they've confirmed no Utapau arc?