• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought we were about to have a Gears 2 moment when that stasis chamber opened.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I educated myself:
starwars.fandom.com

D1-series aerial battle droid

Great! If there's one thing worse than a clanker----it's a flying clanker!Comet The D1-series aerial battle droid, also known as the D-wing air support droid, D-wing security droid or simply the D-wing droid, was a D1-series aerial battle droid and a variant of the B-series droid line. The...

They are so strange.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
edit: forgot to click to next page b10

What was up with the battle (?) droids in the newest episode? They looked like rendering errors that they just decided to go with.
V4vCxvg.png

I'm sure this is a specific type/model, so educate me! Regardless, they looked so strange.

enjoy

starwars.fandom.com

D1-series aerial battle droid

Great! If there's one thing worse than a clanker----it's a flying clanker!Comet The D1-series aerial battle droid, also known as the D-wing air support droid, D-wing security droid or simply the D-wing droid, was a D1-series aerial battle droid and a variant of the B-series droid line. The...

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
In case you thought people weren't going to be mad at The Clone Wars:

(They took the above out and replaced it with the Anakin and Padme scene)

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In case you thought people weren't going to be mad at The Clone Wars:

(They took the above out and replaced it with the Anakin and Padme scene)

I don't mean to sound like I'm defending chuds but this is a single guy making what seems like a sarcastic joke rather than legitimate anger.

However, chuds will be legitimately mad if Ahsoka is revealed as bi like some people suspect

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mean to sound like I'm defending chuds but this is a single guy making what seems like a sarcastic joke rather than legitimate anger.

However, chuds will be legitimately mad if Ahsoka is revealed as bi like some people suspect
It definitely seems small but I also saw similar comments on the Star Wars Facebook page. But it helps that not a lot of people watched the original reels

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my fucking god.
Obi-wan:"I hope you at least told Padme I said hello"

Anakin: 👀

This show has no chill and I love it.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely thought Echo would have to die to be unplugged from that shit. Lowkey almost started tearing up when Echo realized Rex came back for him.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
That episode was really great. One of the best of the series.

One thing that annoys me though is that the arcs this season don't seem to be very important to setting up ROTS. I still can't understand why there's no Battle of Coruscant arc.

Ok so did anyone else notice that thBad Batch is just a Team Fortress Squad?
I noticed this too lol

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
There was never intended to be a Battle of Coruscant arc even before the show was cancelled. We saw everything we needed to see during the movie.
There should have been. It was pretty great to watch during the Clone Wars micro-series, and the whole plotline from the micro-series and Labyrinth of Evil about how the Separatists were drawing all the Republic forces into the Outer Rim before attacking Coruscant was great. It just makes sense to end the series with the final huge battle that leads into ROTS.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
So we all know that Anakin constantly has Rex guarding the door while he and Padme do the Naboo nasty right?

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm mostly posting to have this thread on my watch list, but, man, is it annoying watching this show week-to-week. I mean, I did it for Rebels, and it was fine, but these episodes just feel so unfinished when they end.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
It may as well be. The models and animations are different, and there's been a several-year gap in production, plus a completely different IP owner.

These are literally episodes that were about 80% done years ago. This is "season 7" and the only way to find it is grouped with the other 6 seasons. This is a very strange argument you are making.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
If the final season of TCW is in 4K and HDR, does this mean that it could potentially be released on the UHD disc format eventually? That would be pretty sweet if so.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
If the final season of TCW is in 4K and HDR, does this mean that it could potentially be released on the UHD disc format eventually? That would be pretty sweet if so.
Sure, but it's Disney, so I'd be shocked. They were slow to support 4K Blu, have always been bad with physical releases of TV shows, and Disney may see not the value over simply forcing people to subscribe.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

One thing that annoys me though is that the arcs this season don't seem to be very important to setting up ROTS. I still can't understand why there's no Battle of Coruscant arc.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I mean even the Anakin/Padme stuff, and the Obi-Wan beat is a bit of set up. And the clone stuff in general is entirely a lead in to Order 66. I am sure we will see more as we get toward the end. The first 20 minutes of ROTS was already basically a 'Battle of Coruscant' clone wars episode. It's structured and executed pretty much exactly like one. The trailers already confirmed we will see at least a little overlap of ROTS later in the season as well.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I wouldn't be so sure about that. I mean even the Anakin/Padme stuff, and the Obi-Wan beat is a bit of set up. And the clone stuff in general is entirely a lead in to Order 66. I am sure we will see more as we get toward the end. The first 20 minutes of ROTS was already basically a 'Battle of Coruscant' clone wars episode. It's structured and executed pretty much exactly like one. The trailers already confirmed we will see at least a little overlap of ROTS later in the season as well.
"The final arc, episodes 9-12, features the long-awaited Siege of Mandalore, as Ahsoka is reunited with Anakin and travels to Mandalore to liberate it from Darth Maul."

The final arc has to begin before ROTS and it has to end overlapping ROTS. Doesn't seem like there will be much time to properly show the battle on Coruscant.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"The final arc, episodes 9-12, features the long-awaited Siege of Mandalore, as Ahsoka is reunited with Anakin and travels to Mandalore to liberate it from Darth Maul."

The final arc has to begin before ROTS and it has to end overlapping ROTS. Doesn't seem like there will be much time to properly show the battle on Coruscant.
Depends what you consider properly. The point is it will overlap, so we will see at least a little of some things from ROTS, from a different point of view.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Filoni said in a recent interview not to expect too much Episode III stuff from the perspectives of movie characters like Anakin, since he's already the star of the movie. Filoni was more interested in seeing the film's plot from the perspective of Ahsoka and Rex.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Sure, but it's Disney, so I'd be shocked. They were slow to support 4K Blu, have always been bad with physical releases of TV shows, and Disney may see not the value over simply forcing people to subscribe.

I think they still might do it. All of the TCW and Rebels seasons have been released on blu-ray. The only series that didn't was Resistance but that's probably just because it's Resistance. Mandalorian season 1 might be the first UHD TV series disc release from them followed by TCW final season.

OP
OP
BDS

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they still might do it. All of the TCW and Rebels seasons have been released on blu-ray. The only series that didn't was Resistance but that's probably just because it's Resistance. Mandalorian season 1 might be the first UHD TV series disc release from them followed by TCW final season.

Things have changed very rapidly in the last couple years. Clone Wars was ages ago and Rebels ended in 2018. Disney has basically abandoned home video for their TV shows in the time since.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

I noticed this too lol

At the very least it establishes (for the first time?) that Obi KNOWS about Padme, which is kind of a big deal. It also talks about he Outer Rim sieges ROTS mentioned. We don't know if Echo's algorithm will be more important or not too.

I only 'just' realised we're apparently getting two Ashoka arcs instead of Mandalore and Crystal Crisis like I thought. I'm fine with it, but it's gonna feel weird if this arc is our only real time spent with Ani/Obi before the end.

(Though aren't they supposed to start on Mandalore with Ashoka before being called off?)

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
At the very least it establishes (for the first time?) that Obi KNOWS about Padme, which is kind of a big deal. It also talks about he Outer Rim sieges ROTS mentioned. We don't know if Echo's algorithm will be more important or not too.

I only 'just' realised we're apparently getting two Ashoka arcs instead of Mandalore and Crystal Crisis like I thought. I'm fine with it, but it's gonna feel weird if this arc is our only real time spent with Ani/Obi before the end.

(Though aren't they supposed to start on Mandalore with Ashoka before being called off?)
To answer the last question:
Anakin gives Ahsoka sabers before she goes off to face Maul, as per the Ahsoka novel.