• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gdt

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, had no idea any of these were launching so soon.
Edit: oh, it's animated.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Are stormtroopers in the animated series as inept and useless as in Mando and the movies?

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
I read it 3 times, the topic title, the tweet text, and the image title, and in all 3 instances I read it as "Bad Bitch"

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
64a49d2a827d15d3ce71d5a6daf2b0bb.gif
tumblr_nmb9vejlwx1tiwa1fo2_500.gif

tumblr_nmb9vejlwx1tiwa1fo1_500.gif
tumblr_nmb9vejlwx1tiwa1fo3_500.gif

Godfather

Game on motherfuckers
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone remind me in regards to The Bad Batch and Order 66:

Spoilers for Clone Wars/Rebels/Bad Batch
do we know if they had inhibitor chips, functional or not? I don't think it was ever covered, so I'm assuming this show will. Same for Echo.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks great! Any idea how many episodes it is?
No episode count has been disclosed.
Is there any more context for the show? lol
It's a spin-off from The Clone Wars, following the clone squad called "The Bad Batch" after the event of Clone Wars/Revenge of the Sith, in the early days of the Empire.
Can someone remind me in regards to The Bad Batch and Order 66:

Spoilers for Clone Wars/Rebels/Bad Batch
do we know if they had inhibitor chips, functional or not? I don't think it was ever covered, so I'm assuming this show will. Same for Echo.
I don't think we know. I'd assume they all did have them, but whether they were functional or not is the bigger question.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
No episode count has been disclosed.

It's a spin-off from The Clone Wars, following the clone squad called "The Bad Batch" after the event of Clone Wars/Revenge of the Sith, in the early days of the Empire.

I don't think we know. I'd assume they all did have them, but whether they were functional or not is the bigger question.
Oh wait, so are these guys good guys or bad guys? lol

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
We don't really know yet. But they're the protagonists of this series.

My (purely speculative) guess is that they will be positioned as good guys somehow/break away from the Empire. But we'll see.
It'd be kind of depressing if they spent the whole show basically being evil bastards I suppose.

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
So this is another story of "bad guys" turned good guys, meh I'm still waiting on a show that actually focuses on an evil character that doesn't involve any kind of redemption.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
This actually looks pretty cool. Basically a Republic Commando TV series?

Also, those droids gave HK model vibes. There was already HK-87 in The Mandalorian, I wouldn't be surprised if those were HK-77 or something like that. Although they at the very least should be elite droids and not die by their dozens so hopefully not.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
I'm gonna need a video game adaptation of the series. It looks like super fun third person shooter anyway.

Hopefully they'll explain what happened to the other Clone Commanders after Episode III, like Cody, Rex, Fox and Bly.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So this is another story of "bad guys" turned good guys, meh I'm still waiting on a show that actually focuses on an evil character that doesn't involve any kind of redemption.
We don't really know right now. But also, we are now in the Disney era of Star Wars so I wouldn't be surprised if that is always how it will go. "The Acolyte", from the sound of it, is also meant to be a villain-centered show, but we know essentially zero details about it, so if that ends in redemption too, I wouldn't be surprised.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I mean if this is about that turn from the Republic to the Empire, and the eventual decommissioning of Clone Troopers in favor of Storm Troopers, that's a really interesting period to explore