• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why
they had to forge a chain code for Cut at all when they could have just flown off-world in their own ship.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand why
they had to forge a chain code for Cut at all when they could have just flown off-world in their own ship.
They brought that up in the episode, and the response was something along the line that they're being hunted/it wouldn't be safe for them.

But yes, it is a bit contrived so that the rest of the episode can happen.

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
Enjoyable enough episode, even if it was by the numbers this time. Hopefully they get moving on what makes Omega special. That being said, what are the chances of the clones being tossed aside, the Bad Batch hacking the inhibitor chip and this ending with an epic battle on Kamino?

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Surprised this is available in 4K considering how cheap the animation looks.
Man, what is this. Can you name another CG animated show out there that looks better than this one?

Back during the days of pre-Disney, Lucas was funneling millions into The Clone Wars, and now the current series and final season of TCW look even better than those past seasons.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Cut realises that if he ever hears the trigger phrase he's fucked

They brought that up in the episode, and the response was something along the line that they're being hunted/it wouldn't be safe for them.

But yes, it is a bit contrived so that the rest of the episode can happen.
That was before they found out about chain codes.

Still it's better to have a fake ID rather than relying on being smuggled

Oct 25, 2017
Surprised this is available in 4K considering how cheap the animation looks.
yuwIHzw.gif

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the whole reason the Clone Wars got cancelled in the first place was it was stupidly expensive and Lucas was basically bankrolling it as a from the heart project. Disney had no heart so said fuck that kill it.

Then they woke up to the fact they should try and do things for the fanbase not just their wallet all the time just in time to launch disney+

Oct 25, 2017
it's really sad seeing the clones in a menacing light as imperial antagonists even to other fellow brothers
even though i always knew there was a time period where clones served the empire after 66, it hits different to actually see them enforcing the wicked will of the emperor on the general population of the galaxy on a consistent long term basis
theyre so damn obedient, they're scary. feels bad :(

apparently rex is still going on about the inhibitor chip going by what Cut said. i wonder if he's trying to find a way to free the larger clone population. perhaps if he's successful at any scale, the event could accelerate the transition to the conscripted stormtrooper army. could be a fun long term goal for the series.

Last edited:

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's so sad how lifeless all the chipped clones are now. They even got fresh sets of armour.
This is exactly what I was thinking during the episode. All that sympathy built up over 7 seasons of Clone Wars and now they're basically just...Stormtroopers. :-(

Not saying that's necessarily a bad thing because, ya know, it's the Empire. I just hope we get some more nuance over the course of the show. I'd love to see a clone/kamino rebellion eventually that shows even chipped clones have a limit and maybe showcase why the Empire replaced them all.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Bruh, the motif this series keeps using sounds only a couple notes off from a song in Halo CE's soundtrack. Check Ep. 2 at 11:28 and compare the music to this:

Truth and Reconciliation Suite by Martin O'Donnell (Halo CE score) - timestamp 4:33

I kept trying to figure out which Halo game that reminded me of.

I haven't had such a strong sense of "I've heard that before!" since Apocalypsis Noctis in FFXV, which closely resembles The Elder Scrolls' main theme.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Cut realises that if he ever hears the trigger phrase he's fucked
I would assume the order can only be executed by Sheev himself, so the likelihood of Cut ever hearing it is probably really low.

But the more I think about it, the less it makes sense, logistically, since the words were only ever transmitted to the clone commanders, and it's also incredibly unlikely that all the clones would have heard it anyway. So how the hell did it propagate in the first place?

antonz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would assume the order can only be executed by Sheev himself, so the likelihood of Cut ever hearing it is probably really low.

But the more I think about it, the less it makes sense, logistically, since the words were only ever transmitted to the clone commanders, and it's also incredibly unlikely that all the clones would have heard it anyway. So how the hell did it propagate in the first place?
It may not require Palpatines voice. Tech does say that all frequencies were now broadcasting the same thing execute order 66. I suspect Palpatine called specific Commanders tied to the Jedi Council to make sure everything went off without a hitch

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It may not require Palpatines voice. Tech does say that all frequencies were now broadcasting the same thing execute order 66. I suspect Palpatine called specific Commanders tied to the Jedi Council to make sure everything went off without a hitch
Yeah, or he used the Force to propagate it. I'll buy it either way since it's not that important to know how.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
If they had a fresh clone trooper army to meet the rebels The Empire would have never fallen I tell ya. Sheev being a cheap bitch for his army so he could build giant useless laser weapons did him in.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017

Commanders can propagate orders I'd assume. I mean what use is there of having obedient clones if they don't follow the orders of their immediate commanders

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tarkin said it in the pilot, he doesn't need an expensive army of clones. Conscripts cost less and don't need to be as efficient than the clones. He isn't wrong when all the Jedi are dead.
I mean specifically the retirement of *all* clones from the Empire's military. Sure, they age twice as fast but as shown by Rex in Rebels they're still effective fighters despite the aging. But as of Rebels they've pretty much been entirely phased out, which seems unlikely to have been entirely consensual for clones who were raised from birth to be soldiers.

It would be interesting if there was a specific event that triggered the mass replacement of clones and The Bad Batch seems like a good platform to show it if there is.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
My assumption based on what's been presented is that it's activated verbally. There's no need to broadcast "execute Order 66" on loop over the radio otherwise. Whether it's keyed to a specific voice(s) I have no idea.

Oct 27, 2017
Omaha
If they had a fresh clone trooper army to meet the rebels The Empire would have never fallen I tell ya. Sheev being a cheap bitch for his army so he could build giant useless laser weapons did him in.

i think there is also fear of push back from the clone makers. If the clones can be programmed to go against the Jedi, they can be programmed to go against the emperor. They just use cost as the excuse. Palpatine wants people who are loyal on their own.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Maybe it's just me, but the 'evil' Clones are way more menacing than Stormtroopers ever were. Might be the helmet designs, the colors, the fact their brainwashed, the fact unlike Rebels in this show people can actually get killed, or the fact they're way more intelligent.

I kinda like what others were saying about how the clones will get removed due to some sort of big event. Maybe Rex makes progress on the chips and Palps sends the Clones off on intentionally dangerous missions to kill off huge chunks of them, taking a page from Krell.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There's a comic where a jedi who was training a group of force sensitives uses the phrase, which causes the clone stormtroopers alongside a group of inquisitors to turn on them.
That's super weird that there's no failsafe for that, as then his entire plan (or at least time table) could have been ruined by accident if anyone just said the phrase.

I kinda like what others were saying about how the clones will get removed due to some sort of big event. Maybe Rex makes progress on the chips and Palps sends the Clones off on intentionally dangerous missions to kill off huge chunks of them, taking a page from Krell.
According to Rebels, their undoing is their accelerated aging, which will have them retire out of the imperial army and be replaced by cheaper stormtroopers.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
That's super weird that there's no failsafe for that, as then his entire plan (or at least time table) could have been ruined by accident if anyone just said the phrase.
Besides the Kaminoans he's most likely the only person who knew the specific trigger and it only worked in the context of eliminating the jedi and making the clones subservient to him. There's actually a clone wars plotline that specifically addresses the danger of the plan getting exposed because one trooper had his chip malfunction. And it sorta helps explain the Emperor's eagerness to phase out clone troops and seemingly eliminate the majority of Kaminoans in the galaxy.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Besides the Kaminoans he's most likely the only person who knew the specific trigger and it only worked in the context of eliminating the jedi and making the clones subservient to him. There's actually a clone wars plotline that specifically addresses the danger of the plan getting exposed because one trooper had his chip malfunction. And it sorta helps explain the Emperor's eagerness to phase out clone troops and seemingly eliminate the majority of Kaminoans in the galaxy.
I know, but I'm just saying someone could have accidentally triggered it, and that works have set it all off too early.

You'd think the Kaminoans would implement tech that at least rivals Google Assistant for something so critical.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
So let's place bets on what happens to Crosshair.

Redemption (death)?

Redemption (rejoins BB)?

Stays evil (death)?

I personally think deactivating his chip will be a central story arc and also tie into possibly freeing other clones as well

That said, the group seems so much nicer without him. He really was kind of an asshole

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
So let's place bets on what happens to Crosshair.

Redemption (death)?

Redemption (rejoins BB)?

Stays evil (death)?

I personally think deactivating his chip will be a central story arc and also tie into possibly freeing other clones as well

That said, the group seems so much nicer without him. He really was kind of an asshole

I expect they'll deactivate the chip and he rejoins the crew. That seems like the more interesting option since he'll have to grapple with any potential actions from when he was under the influence of the chip.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I know, but I'm just saying someone could have accidentally triggered it, and that works have set it all off too early.

You'd think the Kaminoans would implement tech that at least rivals Google Assistant for something so critical.
Remember that Palpatine's plan rested on no one sharply questioning the clone army commissioned by a dead jedi master in the first place. It's a consequence of AOTC and the PT having a very poorly thought out long game in general lol.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Boba Fett was specifically requested as an un-altered clone.

This last episode had Cut hypothesizing Omega was made for a specific purpose. If so, they probably don't want to deal with a lengthy childhood if she was purpose-made for something.

Nov 27, 2020
Boba Fett was specifically requested as an un-altered clone.

This last episode had Cut hypothesizing Omega was made for a specific purpose. If so, they probably don't want to deal with a lengthy childhood if she was purpose-made for something.
Which seems a bit ominous, in a way. I had this feeling back during the premiere that Omega might be a sort of "failsafe" that Lama Su has now unleashed on the galaxy after Tarkin's visit showed her that Kamino wasn't going to have the same relationship with the Empire as they'd had with the Republic. What the nature of that failsafe is, I have no idea.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Episode 2 just reminded me of Mandalorian.

Are they gonna be hopping planet per planet solving quest lines

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else finding it weird how Omega pronounces her name ("Omeeega") for others to pronounce it differently ("Omayyga") right away? It was a little jarring when she was introduced to Cut's kids this Ep who proceeded to call her by the latter pronunciation immediately after.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I mean that's basically the format of both TCW and Rebels most of the time so probably...
I've never noticed it on TCW because it was the first time, and Rebels didn't notice much because I was still on that TCW high. Also the 2-3 parter episodes was hard notice it

it was Mandalorian where it is very frequent like per episode and the shortness of the season

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else finding it weird how Omega pronounces her name ("Omeeega") for others to pronounce it differently ("Omayyga") right away? It was a little jarring when she was introduced to Cut's kids this Ep who proceeded to call her by the latter pronunciation immediately after.
I figured that was just her new Zealand (read: Commonwealth) accent

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Going by what Palpatine/The Empire did to Geonosis to tie up loose ends, Kamino as we know it likely isn't long for this galaxy.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Episode 2 just reminded me of Mandalorian.

Are they gonna be hopping planet per planet solving quest lines
Hard to know after only two episodes. They could very well have 2-3 parters, or more single episode stories. I definitely prefer when stories have more time to be told. Luckily, at least this episode was longer than any of the Rebels ones by a good 8 minutes or so. As long as they keep being close to 30 minutes, that is at least better.

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I figured that was just her new Zealand (read: Commonwealth) accent
Yeah, I get that but when she introduces herself as "Omeega" and everyone else calls her "Omayyga" right off the bat it kinda takes me out of it, as the VAs are reading scripts and recording their lines.