• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
That's right, we finally have a trailer for this series!

Notable observations:

-Keeps the TCW season 7 art style
-Seems to follow the immediate aftermath of ROTS, showing the establishment of the new Empire
-Return to Kamino and Zygerria!
-The Bad Batch is hunted down/attacked by their own clone brethren?
-Shand?
-Tarkin!

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
The animation looks just as good as TCW Season 7, and it'll definitely be interesting to see the direct aftermath of Order 66. Wonder if we'll see some surviving Jedi like Quinlan Vos in this?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no reason they couldn't do the Boba storyline here right?
They could potentially do a version of it, but my understanding is this show will focus on the "Bad Batch" characters rather than be anthology like TCW. So there wouldn't be an opportunity to get into the POV of Boba/Bane unless The Bad Batch is there for the ride.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
They could potentially do a version of it, but my understanding is this show will focus on the "Bad Batch" characters rather than be anthology like TCW. So there wouldn't be an opportunity to get into the POV of Boba/Bane unless The Bad Batch is there for the ride.

Hm, that's true :/

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't need this show, but it looks as stunning as TCW S7 so I'm in.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
tcw as a whole replaces the need for the prequel films. like what do they add to tcw?

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
tcw as a whole replaces the need for the prequel films. like what do they add to tcw?
Just about yeah. Really just missing a remake of ROTS/Anakin's actual fall and betrayal of Obi-Wan to make the prequel movies entirely obsolete. Unfortunately, that is unlikely to happen. Especially since in general it is the best received of the three prequels.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
If the Bad Batch are supposed to be mercs, no reason they can't cross paths with Boba or Bane at some point and have their stories continue that way.

I'd also want to see Ventress overlap with them too since she also turned bounty hunter, but I think they tied off her story in a book or something.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the Bad Batch are supposed to be mercs, no reason they can't cross paths with Boba or Bane at some point and have their stories continue that way.

I'd also want to see Ventress overlap with them too since she also turned bounty hunter, but I think they tied off her story in a book or something.
Yes like I said, it's possible they could figure out a way to do it, it would just be different than the story they originally intended to do. Most other cancelled arcs I don't see really working that well. Though there was always intended to be a second Bad Batch arc on Kashyyyk which very likely could get redone somehow.

The Dark Disciple novels were adapted from 8 cancelled episodes of TCW so I wouldn't expect to see that arc or her character in this series.

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't care about these "class based shooter" guys, but it is neat if this goes into the establishment of the empire. Specifically the switch Frome clones to stormtroopers and where the clones went. (Rebels made it seem like the empire was kind of on good terms with the clone veterans)

Sayuz

Apr 29, 2019
Fingers crossed for some Separatist holdouts! I loved the idea in the EU and I really want to see it explored more in new canon.

Oct 25, 2017
Obviously it's the same style, but the same writers and showrunners is what I'm wondering.
One of the head writers was the head Clone Wars writer for Season 6 & 7.
He also wrote some nice Rebels episodes(like the Saw Geonosis episode, Thrawn attacking Chopper base, etc)

Director listed directed a couple good/decent Rebels episodes, all of Forces of Destiny and a few Resistance episodes.

Last edited: