• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Gotta tweak VR to get some stable frames. I sit at 80 most of the time but random drops are real disorienting. No clue what's up with it.

Maybe they'll do a VR performance patch, lmao.

GasPanic!

Oct 28, 2017
It feels like it runs at 60 FPS even in VR, although my performance monitor shows me pretty stable 80 fps on Rift S.
Feels very stuttery.

Edit: Also the cutscenes are a total mess in VR. Unwatchable without getting a headache.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Well, shit :(

Could people please post their hardware+settings when they talk about performance? Assuming it's not just totally broken.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Just finished the prologue before going to sleep. Yeah this game is cool and exactly what I was hoping for.

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Is the fleet battle tutorial breaking for anyone? Seems I was stuck on hitting an invincible target...

Naetoid

Apr 7, 2018
Oregon
As a VR user without HOTAS, what's my best option for control on PC? Keyboard and mouse or controller?

Excited to check this out.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Please tell me you didn't completely botch PCVR performance, devs. It's the #1 most important damn thing. The day 1 patch doesn't come until release time though, right?

Also, is there not an option to go native Oculus through the Steam version? If that's the case, coooommme oooon!

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if EA games on Steam support the Steam refund policy, or does that not work with games that link to the Origin launcher? I wanna try this but I'd feel better about doing so if I could refund after 2 hours if I'm not feeling it

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
I caved and ended up buying it. Played the prologue and the first mission and, yeah, not regretting my purchase at all. This feels amazing, runs amazing (PC) and looks amazing.

I think I'm gonna go through the campaign first to get used to the controls and then I'll jump into multiplayer.

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
Also just finished up an online Fleet Battle match, it was quite intense! I really enjoyed the tug of war element to it.

Do forgive the not so legendary gameplay though, it was my second time playing on this specific game mode.

Santini

Oct 25, 2017
As a VR user without HOTAS, what's my best option for control on PC? Keyboard and mouse or controller?

Excited to check this out.
VR user on PC without HOTAS? Definitely a controller if you have one available as there are plenty of in-game key bindings.

Using a mouse + keyboard with a VR headset on is certainly possible, but probably not ideal.

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Played a little over 2 hours on an Index with a 1080Ti and it seems to be running fine. I don't have any frame data to post but I haven't noticed it chugging or anything like that. Still, I'd love to get my hands on a 3080 or 3090 so I can crank up the SS and make the image a little sharper.

Using an X52 Pro as well and everything was mapped but because they list the buttons as numbers I didn't know what to press for anything. So I just went down the list mapping everything how I thought felt most natural. Also had to invert the Y axis.

This game is what I've been dreaming of for years, I really hope this takes off. I want more campaigns and more MP content.

Axiom

Oct 25, 2017
I see we've had good word about performance on One X, but any word on vanilla Xbox One?
If it doesn't work well, I may as well wait to play it on next gen.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Played a little over 2 hours on an Index with a 1080Ti and it seems to be running fine. I don't have any frame data to post but I haven't noticed it chugging or anything like that. Still, I'd love to get my hands on a 3080 or 3090 so I can crank up the SS and make the image a little sharper.

Using an X52 Pro as well and everything was mapped but because they list the buttons as numbers I didn't know what to press for anything. So I just went down the list mapping everything how I thought felt most natural. Also had to invert the Y axis.

This game is what I've been dreaming of for years, I really hope this takes off. I want more campaigns and more MP content.
Sounds great

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Dammit, I was very intentionally 3 beers deep for launch...now I'm gonna have to keep drinkin. I hope I remember what I played tomorrow...if the VR performance issues are real, maybe I won't remember those either.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

Everyone would have assumed midnight EST if he hadn't posted it was 8PM EST to begin with...

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
First dive on the multiplayer, regular dogfight as you need Level 5 for Fleet Action, and is almost everything I was hoping for. And although I remapped everything to be similar to the classic controls, the muscle memory and the slighty different things are fucking me up constantly. I need to rethink all this and may try to fit all the important controls on the joystick base (no HOTAS, but the t.160000 has a gazillion buttons there) so I always have the throttle at hand.

I could go without it if we had a "down to 50%" and a "go at 100%" buttons like the old games, but it's alright. The one funcion I'm truly missing is the "target nearest enemy". And I have no idea what "Cycle targets" is supposed to do.

Still, a nice result.

a3e30872a58a05d63278733c82ec3370.jpg

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
"It needs to be made clear that this was not EA's call. Steam made this change at the last second."

From the thread on the delay. Wonder what happened.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
To those playing with HOTAS (PS4) :

Did you keep the controls as is with yaw mapped to stick left/right or did you change yaw to twist (or paddles)?

I can't really decide what I prefer but coming from AC, yaw on twist and roll on stick left/right feels more agile

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
"It needs to be made clear that this was not EA's call. Steam made this change at the last second."

From the thread on the delay. Wonder what happened.
I don't think I've heard of Steam ever making these calls, especially after seeing other cases of games and DLC releasing early than advertised on the service with no issue.

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I've heard of Steam ever making these calls, especially after seeing other cases of games and DLC releasing early than advertised on the service with no issue.

That was directly from the EA rep. Maybe there was a server issue?