• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
That's strange and puts me off. Is it a 4k30 game or is there a performance/unlocked mode? I'd happily play it on Series X at 4k60!

Sorry if this has been asked

I guess without a proper next gen version the best we can hope for is both unlocked framerate and resolution performance mode to give the most for next gen BC to work from

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
tenor.gif

OP
OP
egg

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
That's strange and puts me off. Is it a 4k30 game or is there a performance/unlocked mode? I'd happily play it on Series X at 4k60!

Sorry if this has been asked

I'm honestly not sure, the only thing I managed to find was that the Xbox listing has 4K HDR.
In terms of fps or performance modes or anything they haven't really said anything for consoles officially.

Datrael

Oct 25, 2017
I had an absolute blast during the first mission. Let me try it without the VR glasses on to see how the framerate and graphics feel.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
So it's not a dumpster fire out the gate - that's great news!

The two reviews I've read thus far are enough for me to pre-order the digital version.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Ah there is the OT. I actually pre-ordered this bvecause I want to support space sims and it is a shame for how long they have been negelcted. Really loking forward to giving this a try tomorrow.,

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So the single player is basically a tutorial for multiplayer? Pretty much what I expected, just hit the buy button and am downloading!

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
I got to play a bit of this already, as a huge X-Wing fan it's almost a dream come true. I know the campaign won't be as detailed or lengthy which is a shame because all the elements for an amazing X-Wing game is right there. It's a blast to play. Can't wait to try in VR.

USF

Oct 28, 2017
Does this game not have other view options? All I've seen are cockpit view gameplays

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
uploadvr.com

Star Wars: Squadrons VR Review - The Galaxy's Finest Space Combat

Star Wars: Squadrons is finally here and it absolutely delivers. From the incredible set piece moments, excellent new characters, and fantastic VR space combat, this is an adrenaline-fueled blast in the galaxy far, far away that you won’t want to miss. Here’s our Star Wars: Squadrons VR review

What I was hoping to hear. They didn't get their copy till the 29th and haven't completely finished the campaign yet, but they're estimating around 12 hours to finish it.

Also no multi-player impressions. But if you're coming at it from single-player, like I am, this is exactly the type of reaction I was hoping for.

marcbret87

Apr 20, 2018
Quite a few reviews mentioning that playing it in VR with a HOTAS is the way to go, so looking forward to that.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
All preloaded and ready to go for tomorrow. Really excited to try this game out!

Oct 27, 2017
Having a super short campaign and only 6 maps could kill this game in the long run. I really hope they are already working on more stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
Star Wars space dog fighting, a good price, it looks fantastic, campaign actually sounds better (and longer) than some were expecting, cross platform and generally very positive reviews. Oh, and I own a flight stick.

Yeah, this might be the easiest purchase of 2020 for me.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
EckhartsLadder Review.
Campaign is about 6 hours according to him

I wasn't even paying attention to what he was saying I was so hypnotized by the movement & action. That's the length of an RE game and I'm sure I'll replay it at least once. Plus MP co-op vs bots sounds fun. Bought.

Now to decide between PSVR or 4K + headphones.

@TheFriendlyBro

IGN - Video Producer and Editor
Verified
Aug 1, 2019
This is probably my favorite Star Wars and also my favorite VR game in years.

Been messing around with it whilst using my Rift S and HOTAS setup, it's brilliant. Not sure I'll be playing it in any other way now.