• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bman94

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, I just bought Squadrons a few weeks ago because of the Gamestop sale. Oh well. Maybe I'll finally try a football game after many years of not playing.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
How is Squadrons for casual gamers? I used to love that old Wing Commander game way back in the day. As well as Colony Wars on PS1. Been looking for that type of game to play again for a while but don't want to just get constantly worked by better players (hopefully a good match system).

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
I was wavering on picking up Squadrons - it was something I definitely knew I'd want (I'm a huge X-Wing/Tie Fighter fan), but wasn't sure if something licensed would end up on Game Pass particularly quickly. Really excited to find that it's only a few months' turnover.

I need to check up on when the Game Pass For PC EA Play will be coming through, too, I need to investigate what that's going to open up.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I liked the little I got to play of Squadrons when it was free to try a little while ago. It'll be fun to play the whole campaign.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
This feels kinda early for Madden/NHL to me? I cannot recommend NHL 21 enough, those with GP please give the game a go, it's good shit. Heck, even Madden 21 is fun.
I think this is in line with previous years. I recall previous games were put into EA Access (Play) around the playoffs, so this might even be late for Madden. I can't recall exactly as my son always gets Madden at launch so the EA Access date doesn't really apply to us.

For NHL, I bought 20 but not 21 yet... so that will be nice to give it a shot.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
Amazing, NHL21 so my son can continue to kick my ass in the latest iteration and Squadron's which I have almost purchased like a dozen times.

GPU is amazing

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
Oddly enough whenever I play Squadrons on my PS5 is only ever against other PS or PC owners. I don't think I've seen an XBOX icon next to a player's name.
i dont know why but when playing game that have crossplay people that have the other console doesn't show the ps or xbox logo but a small controller. apex and cod mw do this, i think it's widespread.

Deleted member 2317

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonderful news about Star Wars Squadrons, come join us online in the great firefights in the night's sky! It's a real blast and better than any Rogue Squadron game I can think of. Both its single player and multiplayer are a real fine time, and please, don't be intimidated at all by online play, it's a large mix of skill sets. Story missions also really ramp up in difficulty half way through the dual campaign.

Squadrons is/was one of the best games released last year, hands down.

star-wars-squadrons.gif

How is Squadrons for casual gamers? I used to love that old Wing Commander game way back in the day. As well as Colony Wars on PS1. Been looking for that type of game to play again for a while but don't want to just get constantly worked by better players (hopefully a good match system).
It's awesome, it's been my casual multiplayer go-to for the past several months. You eventually start getting some great muscle memory about how each ship handles and what its main purpose is.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Seconded. For my first Madden in many years, I've been having an absolute blast. Runs and looks great.

Yeah I did an about-face on M'21 on new consoles. I should probably update my thread "Don't Buy Madden 21," to say "Don't buy it, because it's free, but play it because the gameplay is actually pretty good."

I genuinely love the running game in it, they really got a lot right with it. It's such a blast to have your hulking power back (for me, that's Najee Harris who I traded for at some point), and JK Dobbins as your elusive back. Dobbins (now ~6 years in) is a solid balanced running back, and for that matter so is Harris (rookie in the 2021 draft), but Harris is my punishing RB and it's so nice to switch between both of them.

I still have some major complaints with the game ... Same old playcalling, really dumb CPU AI, and obviously a copy-paste franchise mode for the last 2+ seasons, but they got the gameplay pretty damn good IMO for this years game on next gen.