• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

zafd0cp3lxz51.jpg

November Update
The first update will come this month on the 25th of November as part of Update 3.0. With it, there will be additional fixes, balancing changes, and tuning. Full details will be provided in its release notes, but the highlights are a new map and components coming to the game!

New Map: Fostar Haven

We're adding a new map to multiplayer! A fan-favorite location from the single-player story and one we've seen requested for multiplayer is Fostar Haven from the game's first prologue mission. In this update, the map will be added to Fleet Battles and the Dogfight mode.

New Components

With this first update will come four new components. For Fighters and Bombers, you'll be able to use the Boost Extension Kit, a component that, when used, gives your starfighter a full boost. It'll then recharge over time and can be used again. This will help these starfighters be able to change the pace of the battle in a new way, such as by giving them the ability to change the tide of dogfights or to get out of engagements with flagships if used wisely.

Next, we're giving Interceptors and Fighters a way to provide more assistance against capital ships and flagships (or, with a steady hand, against starfighters, too). They'll be getting the Ion Rockets, not unlike the Barrage Rockets they currently have. These will be great for hit-and-run attacks to strip enemy shields. These rockets move at half the speed of standard rockets, but they can be used at the same time as other components, including their non-ion counterparts. Time them well for the best results.

Bombers and Fighters (the latter with half the ammo count) will also be receiving the Prototype Piercing Torpedoes, providing these two ships with a new tactic for taking on capital ships. Though these torpedoes do less overall damage than others of their class, they have the ability to bypass capital ship and flagship shields, making them very well-suited for striking enemy flagship subsystems before shields have been taken down.

And of course, we couldn't forget the U-wing and TIE reaper. They'll be getting a new way to support their allies when taking on enemy capital ships and flagships with the Anti-Material Rocket Turret. Though this turret doesn't target enemy starfighters, it's very well poised to take on flagship subsystems, capital ships, and even turrets and other deployables from enemy support ships.

December Update

December will bring some of our most requested content to date, providing a nice, final thank you gift for the holidays via Update 4.0. Like its predecessors, it'll also be host to bug fixes and other changes, all detailed in its own release notes.

Two New Starfighters

That's right, we're adding two new starfighters! One for the New Republic and the Galactic Empire each to round out your squadron. Let's start with what's deploying into the New Republic's hangar first.

Custom Matches

And of course, above all else—well, maybe aside from the cosmetic of The Child—there's something that's been greatly requested to be an addition to the game: custom matches! We were so excited from the moment we heard about your community-run tournaments to actually getting to see them in action, so we knew this was something we had to provide in some way.

Custom matches will allow one to five players per side across two teams to play on any of the (now) seven maps in both Dogfight and Fleet Battles. There will also be some additional restrictions and modifiers that you can change. These include things like hull/shield/damage modifiers, changing capital ship health, restricting certain starfighters, and other tools to help you change how you play. With this, there will also be a custom matches server browser for you to search through private matches made by your friends as well as public ones made by strangers!

Creed Bratton

Aug 29, 2019
Well, I'm definitely going to pick this up on black Friday now that I can pilot a B-Wing. It's been my favorite ship since I was a kid, so I may have giggled when I read the title of this thread.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
FUCK YES

Buy this game people! This is seriously one of best-handled EA things of recent memory.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
OK Star Wars nerds. Why is it called a B-Wing?

A-Wing, I can see the A. Y-Wing, I can see the Y. X-Wing Is obvious. Even the U-Wing makes sense.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
You did it, you lovely bastards :)

This is my VRGOTY, no doubt. Yes, I've played Alyx.

Dec 20, 2017
Yes they need to keep supporting this game. No battle passes, but like semi regular content updates like this and id be fine if they want to throw a few cosmetic microtransactions in it.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit, we can have Chiss characters now?
That's a Pantoran
starwars.fandom.com

Pantoran

The Pantorans were blue-skinned near-humans native to the moon Pantora. They were part of the Galactic Republic, during the waning years of that government. Pantorans were a sentient species that looked very similar to humans. They had two legs, two arms ending in five-fingered hands, a torso...

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017

GeeTeeCee

Oct 27, 2017
Yay, B-wings. Eww, Tie Defenders.

Still, it's nice to see the continued support. I wonder if the campaign medal glitch ever got fixed since I last played.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
That's a Pantoran
starwars.fandom.com

Pantoran

The Pantorans were blue-skinned near-humans native to the moon Pantora. They were part of the Galactic Republic, during the waning years of that government. Pantorans were a sentient species that looked very similar to humans. They had two legs, two arms ending in five-fingered hands, a torso...

Ah, I wondered why he didn't have red eyes.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Yes!!! I was so disappointed when they said they were done with the game and weren't going to add anything more.

JDHarbs

Oct 28, 2017
But how long until Phantom TIE's? I need that crutch to be any good at this game lol

OK Star Wars nerds. Why is it called a B-Wing?

A-Wing, I can see the A. Y-Wing, I can see the Y. X-Wing Is obvious. Even the U-Wing makes sense.
IIRC I think there was a Star Wars Rebels episode where a character called them "Blade Wings" so the B is just for short.