• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hark

Oct 29, 2017
Really hoping this trailer isn't just 1:30 of in-engine cutscenes with a 6 second glimpse of gameplay at the end...

Really loved Starfighter Assault so hoping they've got something great with this.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Apparently leaked:

It appears that the first official details about Star Wars Squadrons have been leaked online. According to the leaked press release, Star Wars Squadrons will release on October 2nd. Not only that, but the game will come out on all three major digital stores (Steam, Origin and Epic Games Store).

Star Wars Squadrons will be a first-person space dogfighting game set after the events of Return of the Jedi. The game is developed by Motive Studios and will include both single-player and multi-player campaigns. Furthermore, the game will support cross-play between PC, Xbox One and PS4.

Electronic Arts has also confirmed that the PC version will support VR from the get-go.

The publisher will release a brand new trailer for this new Star Wars game later today. Moreover, EA will release a proper gameplay trailer/video at EA Play 2020, on June 18th.

www.dsogaming.com

Star Wars Squadrons is coming to Steam, Origin and Epic Games Store on October 2nd

According to the leaked press release, Star Wars Squadrons will release on October 2nd on Origin, Steam and Epic Games Store.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope its not only first-person. Hard pass for me if it is.

No other arcade flying game is first person only. Rogue Squadron, Battlefront 1 and 2, Ace Combat, etc.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
First person might be the studio's attempt to please fans of Rogue Squadron and the traditional X-Wing games.

(I hope someone is happy with the result)

dumbo11

Apr 29, 2018
So will EA/DICE finally start to support joysticks on PC? Edit: they do already? Why did I not buy BF5 :(.

Maybe this will be interesting.

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
First Person and single/multi player campaigns are some very first good steps. Let's see how it continues.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hope first person is a toggle.
Would like to do first person for VR obviously, but prefer third person like Rogue Squadron when playing normally

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
I hope this game has more depth and controls better than the Rogue One VR thing they put out a few years ago. The dogfighting was not nearly as satisfying in it as in other Star Wars flight games-- whether it be Rogue Squadron, Starfighter or X-Wing/Tie Fighter.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
I'm interested, but I am so over cinematic trailers at this point. Hopefully we get some gameplay videos soon.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
Talking to my friend about this.

"could you imagine if they made Artoo responsive to voice commands?"

200w.webp

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I still haven't played Alyx but I'm glad that VR support is increasing even if it is EA because you have to try very hard to make me feel something went wrong with the Star Wars IP.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
The R2 unit in X-Wing would fix things for you if they were damaged (like the hyperdrive), although you couldn't command it. Would be neat though in a modern game.

Yea, I vaguely remember seeing a timer for things would get fixed...

And could you prioritize which systems got fixed first? Or was that in Wing Commander?

Regardless, that was the Golden Age of space flight sims and I miss it dearly. I would spend all summer playing the X-Wing Sim that came out on CD release and reading the accompanying guide (that include a detailed story -- soooo good). I think it's still in my bedroom in my parent's house...

s-l640.jpg

I was such a Star Wars nerd.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
That looked pretty good. Hope the PC requirements aren't too high, would love to play it in VR.